Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

Bracketology Today is the Day

Palm

Nevada #8 seed against Butler

Boise St one of the first four left out

Lundari

Nevada #6 seed against Notre Dame

Boise St vs. Houston in a play in game at #12

Dratings.com

Nevada #5 seed against W. Kentucky

Boise St and San Diego St in the NIT

Teamrankings

Nevada #5 seed against Providence

Boise St #11 seed against Oklahoma

NYCbuckets.com

Boise St and San Diego St in the NIT

RealRPI

Nevada #7 vs. USC

Boise #12 play in game against SMU

43 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

5 seed if we run the table. But realistically we'll lose a game and 7 seed is where we will be. 

I think if likely better seed than 5 if we ran the table. 32-3 with top 10 RPI (and KenPom maybe? dunno). Two likely top 25 (or at least top 50) road/neutral losses, then the San Fran loss which would be the big issue of course. That's not gonna happen of course, just think we'd be at least a 4 if it were to IMO.

8k3esKz.png

4 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

I think if likely better seed than 5 if we ran the table. 32-3 with top 10 RPI (and KenPom maybe? dunno). Two likely top 25 (or at least top 50) road/neutral losses, then the San Fran loss which would be the big issue of course. That's not gonna happen of course, just think we'd be at least a 4 if it were to IMO.

6 is the ceiling.  NIT is the floor.

The MWC... it seems like they're getting somewhere but not getting anywhere.

23 hours ago, kalua pig said:

hawaii reppin the big west.you already know cuz.

thats not gonna last long.  paster j has a surprise for larry.

26 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

thats not gonna last long.  paster j has a surprise for larry.

we are relaxed and waiting for fullerton to drag their sorry asses in on saturday.easy money.

5 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

After last night's lose Lunardi has dropped Nevada two seeds down to #8 back facing Texas.

The 1 vs. 16 game in that region is Duke vs. Hawaii

we want duke.bring that.

1 hour ago, Spot50B said:

Does Fresno have a shot at the NIT?  Not sure why SDSU is the only team being considered (besides Boise, who is hoping for bigger things).

Without looking, I would guess Fresno is probably pretty close both W/L and RPI-wise to where they were at this point last year. If they made it as a NIT #5 seed last year than they definitely have a shot this year...but they will need to be better in the second half of conference play and probably get their RPI under 75ish. 

Wyoming probably has the best shot at an NIT bid as of right now though. SDSU would need to really get their azzes in gear to have a realistic NIT shot.

9 hours ago, Spot50B said:

Does Fresno have a shot at the NIT?  Not sure why SDSU is the only team being considered (besides Boise, who is hoping for bigger things).

There is only like two NIT things that I have seen and neither of them have Fresno St in NIT or on the fringe of being in the NIT. I have seen San Diego St and Boise St being mentioned more for NIT however we still have a lot of time until that time though

9 hours ago, Spot50B said:

Now one site did have Boise St as a #1 seed in the NIT

If BSU ends up as a #1 seed in the NIT they will probably pull a 2014-15 CSU and get whipped in the first round. I think they will probably fold emotionally if they don't make the NCAAT.

I'm surprised none of these sites is mentioning Wyoming as an NIT team. They currently have a sub-60 RPI and good wins against Nevada and Boise, plus beat NIT bid competitor SDSU convincingly. As for Fresno, the Dogs gonna dog...they typically get hot in the second half of league play and get themselves in postseason contention. They will probably do the same this year. I checked their metrics at this time last year compared to this year and they are actually ahead of where they were. 

I am sure Wyoming will be more on the radar now but I think that 10 point loss to Denver is raising some eyebrows on their resume. 

Palm now has Boise in the play in game against Texas A&M but hasn't moved Nevada from their #9 seed after their loss on Wednesday