Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Boise State @ Nevada

2 minutes ago, Broncos4life said:

I disagree.  There are more games to play.  In an extremely hyped game, in your house, with a team that couldn’t hit wide open three’s, Nevada barely held on.  We will see, but more games to play and the return game still to come.  I like our chances after what I saw. 

VS a Nevada team without Cody Martin at 100%. The game delivered, and probably will in Boise too. Don’t be so bitter. 

9 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I’m pretty sure Nevada fans do too. It’s those colored glasses and all. 

Agreed.  In a weird way I thought Nevada had to win this game or BSU had the edge.  Flip side.  BSU has very little room for error now.  It was a big one.  Nevada won. See you in Boise.  

Good game Pack, that was a back and forth battle. BSU really needed to have Jessup shoot well tonight to have a realistic chance to win...and he shot it horrifically. I'm actually pretty impressed BSU was able to keep it close until the end shooting so poorly from distance.  Caleb and Hutch both showed up bigtime tonight. The rematch in Boise should be another good one. 

6 minutes ago, Broncos4life said:

Agreed.  In a weird way I thought Nevada had to win this game or BSU had the edge.  Flip side.  BSU has very little room for error now.  It was a big one.  Nevada won. See you in Boise.  

Fair enough. Pack is coming!

8 minutes ago, Broncos4life said:

It wasn’t a bad thought, Boise has had a harder first 8 games, Nevada’s 2nd half of it’s conference schedule is tougher so it needs to keep winning now. At Wyoming, UNLV, SDSU and Boise will all be tough games for them

It is hard to win on the road and the 3 pointers weren't dropping.  Nevada is very good defending the 3 because they are quite long on the perimeter.  I thought one of the really big keys was the Pack hung in there on the boards.  Boise is very very good though.  That have lot's of ways to beat teams and they play hard..Great coach too.!!  Anyhoo, it was a intense, tough and entertaining game.  Both sides landed a lot of haymakers and neither team blinked..

On the Wyoming.  It is never an easy night in the MW

3 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

It is hard to win on the road and the 3 pointers weren't dropping.  Nevada is very good defending the 3 because they are really long on the perimeter.  I thought one of the really big keys was the Pack hung in there on the boards.  Boise is really good though.  That have lot's of ways to beat teams and they play hard..Great coach too.!!  Anyhoo, it was a really tough and entertaing game.  Both sides landed a lot of haymakers and neither team blinked..

On the Wyoming.  It is never an easy night in the MW

Till you get to Laramie.  Have fun.

1 hour ago, Broncos4life said:

I disagree.  There are more games to play.  In an extremely hyped game, in your house, with a team that couldn’t hit wide open three’s, Nevada barely held on.  We will see, but more games to play and the return game still to come.  I like our chances after what I saw. 

I agree the teams are basically even, I expect a loss in Boise.

Fun game, glad the twins were both healthy too.   Good lord, who kidnapped Jessup and left us with that manequin who can't shoot?  Get anything out of him and it's a different game.  He balls on D still and can board but he's one huge offensive liability at the moment.  And there's no where else to turn so he better get it back soon. 

Thought Boise would end up winning from some updates in the second half. Boise and Nevada are both good teams and could be the MWC chance to get more than one team into the dance this year. Big victory for Nevada and to get that quality win against Boise which can add to the resume. Now have to watch out for the game in Wyoming on wednesday