Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

SDSU @ UNM (game thread)

Lobos just can’t get over the hump! Aztecs are long and tall for sure.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

6 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Lobos just can’t get over the hump! Aztecs are long and tall for sure.

Team has played over their heads for most of conference play. I really like how this team plays. We just don't have interior length and athleticism in the post.  

I love watching this team. Talk about coaching effort.

1 minute ago, PTR said:

I love watching this team. Talk about coaching effort.

Lobos might do a Nevada with all the pieces coming in next year.  I expect to see them at the top of the conference.  They currently posses below average talent by MWC standards on this years Lobo team.  Next year they will have top end MWC talent.  Good things coming.

Dutcher-Noodles Rice?

1 minute ago, SangerBulldog said:

lol at the lobo fan

Why?

I thought double-digit wins might be a stretch this year. Instead team was a possession away from beating top 25 TCU, was competitive against Arizona in spots, and is 5-3 in conference play. Weir is doing this with a hodge-podge of Jucos, Neal leftovers, transfers, and lightly recruited freshmen. 

Just now, PTR said:

Why?

I thought double-digit wins might be a stretch this year. Instead team was a possession away from beating top 25 TCU, was competitive against Arizona in spots, and is 5-3 in conference play. Weir is doing this with a hodge-podge of Jucos, Neal leftovers, transfers, and lightly recruited freshmen. 

Exactly, throw in the talent we have coming next year and there's a massive light at the end of the Lobo Basketball tunnel

2 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Exactly, throw in the talent we have coming next year and there's a massive light at the end of the Lobo Basketball tunnel

With Vance Jackson and Lyle coming in along with Maluach being a shockingly good player as a freshmen, it really bodes well for the future.

16 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This was such a fun game.  Next year should be UNM and Nevada at the top with SDSU, Boise and Fresno making up a distinct next tier. 3 bids might be possible.

UNLV will be contending for the NCAA Tournament next year.  When Menzies was hired, I always viewed it as a three year project to get back to the tournament.  It’s shaping up that way.