Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

What we learned from this week of MW basketball...

... is that there really isn't much separation between the very top and the bottom. I really don't see any team burning through the confrence without a few losses. UNR and Boise look like the best two, but both have shown that they are capable of losing to bottom half teams. Ideally, both roll but it seems unlikely that will happen. Neither look like some of those 2 loss SDSU or UNM teams of the past.

Nevada needs to stop with the slow starts. Seems like they play to their competitions level. Also, when is the last time Nevada has comfortably won at SJSU? Seems like empty arenas make it tougher to play? 

Nevada also has a target on their back being the best team in the league so opponents will be bringing the heat.

idk how I feel about the game tomorrow. Without Cody Nevada is razor thin in depth and lose their elite defender. If Nevada can shut down Hutch they have a chance as he is really the only playmaker they have. 

Will we be able to see that BSU/Nevada matchup? I’d be very interested in seeing that game.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

16 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

The only reason I wouldn’t put Nevada that far ahead is because they’ve struggled against San Jose and Air Force.. But watch them beat us by 20 tomorrow.

They also almost lost to New Mexico at home and lost to San Francisco right before conference play. That's what I'm saying. 

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

They also almost lost to New Mexico at home and lost to San Francisco right before conference play. That's what I'm saying. 

Definitely far from perfect but when we are clicking it’s fun a team.  Question is will we click tonight or will your defense stifle us? Can’t wait to find out.

8 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

Definitely far from perfect but when we are clicking it’s fun a team.  Question is will we click tonight or will your defense stifle us? Can’t wait to find out.

They are both coming off a subpar performance. We'll see how it goes.

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

They are both coming off a subpar performance. We'll see how it goes.

Boise State's defense has not played well the past two games.  I haven't seen much of Nevada this year but if they are successful with their backdoor cuts, I expect to see more of Wacker in this game.  We have a size advantage and we need at least 8-10 from our big guys (only had 2 against Utah State).

11 hours ago, cardrater said:

Nevada needs to stop with the slow starts. Seems like they play to their competitions level. Also, when is the last time Nevada has comfortably won at SJSU? Seems like empty arenas make it tougher to play? 

Nevada also has a target on their back being the best team in the league so opponents will be bringing the heat.

idk how I feel about the game tomorrow. Without Cody Nevada is razor thin in depth and lose their elite defender. If Nevada can shut down Hutch they have a chance as he is really the only playmaker they have. 

Boise State needs to stop their second half choke jobs.  I’m getting tired of seeing halftime leads evaporate because of lackluster play.

11 minutes ago, bsubroncochick said:

Boise State needs to stop their second half choke jobs.  I’m getting tired of seeing halftime leads evaporate because of lackluster play.

They've played exceptionally bad starting the 2nd half. USU, SDSU, and Wyoming all started the half with big runs.

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

They've played exceptionally bad starting the 2nd half. USU, SDSU, and Wyoming all started the half with big runs.

Hopefully,  Nevada will do the same tonight.  They've been a good 2nd half team so far. 

11 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

Bye weeks might be good for the Pokes. Unfortunately they have already used both of them up.

just postpone a game when you need a bye like air force just did.