Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Colorado State

30 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

To be honest, I'm not sure I remember when we WEREN'T on that end of it. The rams played hard all game, and were without their best player and  Carvacho with the flu. I had already written this game off, tough way for the Rams to lose.

It was fun but not as fun as it should have been. It just didn't seem meaningful.  A win is always better than a loss but they just got away with one today.  I still believe we'll see more of the same crap on Tuesday at Fresno.

16 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

3-0 on the road in MWC play.  14-5 overall right now.  Should be 17-2 or 18-1 if not for Menzies Mistakes and Mooring Mistakes.

Can't lose again.

We gotta figure out how to win at home, thats for sure. It's head-scratching to say the least that we can't win at home and can't lose on the road (granted, 2 of our road games were against the sorriest teams in the league, but still...)

Also very telling that once again, when our supposed NBA 1st rounder goes to the bench we go on our run....

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

2 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

We gotta figure out how to win at home, thats for sure. It's head-scratching to say the least that we can't win at home and can't lose on the road (granted, 2 of our road games were against the sorriest teams in the league, but still...)

Also very telling that once again, when our supposed NBA 1st rounder goes to the bench we go on our run....

He’s a lousy defender.  The NBA scouts think he can become average with time.  He projects as an offensive minded center in the NBA.

8 minutes ago, toonkee said:

It was fun but not as fun as it should have been. It just didn't seem meaningful.  A win is always better than a loss but they just got away with one today.  I still believe we'll see more of the same crap on Tuesday at Fresno.

It depends on hard they play and how focused the are.  They matched and then exceeded Colorado State’s energy on the final five minutes.  That was the difference between winning and losing today.

5 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

14-0 run to end the game.

Maybe MM is starting see McCoy is a liability on defense.  Diong will play hard at both ends.  He is only going to get better where McCoy is only going to leave.  With a little over three minutes to go I was already congratulating the Rams.  I can’t wait to see McCoy riding more pine.

haha the tv guys just said it.  McCoy not a factor...at all.

3 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Good game Rebs.  Y'all deserved the win.

I'm sorry, but it really wasn't, and no we didn't. The rams were without their best player, and Carvacho was sick, the rebs played like they didn't care for 95% of the game. We stole one from you, though, and I don't even feel good about it. At least we can't lose to you in our house this year..

6 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I'm sorry, but it really wasn't, and no we didn't. The rams were without their best player, and Carcacho was sick, the rebs played like they didn't care for 95% of the game. We stole one from you, though, and I don't even feel good about it. At least we can't lose to you in our house this year..

Lol.  It wasn’t a very exciting game.  But, I’d rather watch a basketball game than anything else.

when we were at the three minute mark I was ready to fire up some popcorn and head on over to the Menzies is a joke thread.  I guess we have to wait for the next game.

25 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

Maybe MM is starting see McCoy is a liability on defense.  Diong will play hard at both ends.  He is only going to get better where McCoy is only going to leave.  With a little over three minutes to go I was already congratulating the Rams.  I can’t wait to see McCoy riding more pine.

haha the tv guys just said it.  McCoy not a factor...at all.

This right here - McCoy isn't a guy or player you build a program around, as he won't be around long enough to have any program building impact.

Time for Menzies to give his bench guys minutes and cut McCoy back some (which seems to be the case over the last few games) 

McCoy is good for bring UNLV some national press which plays in the recruiting game, but UNLV doesn't need the 1 & done players every year - get some solid talent that can improve and build the program back up - You don't walk away from the 1 & done players but they can't be catered to over the long term health of the program 

15 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I'm sorry, but it really wasn't, and no we didn't. The rams were without their best player, and Carcacho was sick, the rebs played like they didn't care for 95% of the game. We stole one from you, though, and I don't even feel good about it. At least we can't lose to you in our house this year..

You make some good pts.

UNLV's 16-0 run to end-the-game, was pretty ugly from CSU's perspective.

4 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

You make some good pts.

UNLV's 16-0 run to end-the-game, was pretty ugly from CSU's perspective.

Hopefully you guys bring a healthy squad to Vegas.

The 16 points in the last three minutes could have easily been like the first three minutes of the game where I believe we had 2 points.  This Rebel team is not predictable.

4 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

Hopefully you guys bring a healthy squad to Vegas.

The 16 points in the last three minutes could have easily been like the first three minutes of the game where I believe we had 2 points.  This Rebel team is not predictable.

They don’t play us in Las Vegas.

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

You don't know that.

lol, well he's right.. the rams don't play in vegas this year. that's why i told go state we couldn't lose in our house this year. B)

edit: ok the LV Invitational could be a possibility, lol.

Just now, 4UNLV said:

lol, well he's right.. the rams don't play in vegas this year. that's why i told go state we couldn't lose in our house this year. B)

We'll play in Vegas this year.  Did they move the tourney?

24 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

Lol.  It wasn’t a very exciting game.  But, I’d rather watch a basketball game than anything else.

when we were at the three minute mark I was ready to fire up some popcorn and head on over to the Menzies is a joke thread.  I guess we have to wait for the next game.

me too. and sometimes you get lucky and get to see a wofford beat a UNC..

I really have no expectations for the rest of the year, and i hate to admit it but I needed to be reminded by sandler of how inexperienced our team is. hopefully in the next year or two we can have some kids on the court who have played together for a minute, then i'll get ticked again over a bone headed loss. i'm just getting tired of having to dig up some patience, lol.

7 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Marvin doesn't play his bench. I hate that. 

We still won.

but, it was the bench that helped win the game yesterday..Diong the last 3:26 during the 14-0 comeback, hardy as well. juice was playing really well, couldn't really sub him out too much.

https://247sports.com/college/unlv/Article/UNLV-Storms-Back-Late-to-Win-at-Colorado-State-79-74--113998225

You won’t find a more impressive stat-line anywhere (Unless your name is Trae Young) than Shakur Juiston’s 19 points on 9/12 shooting, to go along with 8 rebounds. “Juice Box” took advantage of Brandon McCoy being constantly double teamed and triple teamed in the first half and he roared out to a perfect 9/9 shooting before the break. He cooled off after halftime, mostly because he didn’t get the kind of touches he saw early on, but his big opening 20 minutes was a major reason UNLV won at CSU for the first time since 2011.