Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebelbacker

#Release The Memo

11 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

So? 

Has Page ever been indicted? Arrested? Charged with any crime?

You would think with all the surveillance done on him someone would find something, but so far nothing. 

I see you forgot to quote this from the same article.

The editor thinks Page was ultimately harmless in terms of national security threats. “I would never have seen him in the center of concern like this, or playing a role or being seen as an intermediary between the Russian government and a political candidate,” the editor said. “He struck me just as someone who had developed some strange academic views … and wanted to have them published,” the editor says.

“I just came to see him as a kook,” the editor says.

Keep thinking he's the boogeyman though. 

The FISA court judge believed there was probable cause to sign a warrant. He had a lot more info than editor of the article. He had already been successfully recruited by Russian spies once.

1 minute ago, jackmormon said:

He is being referred for criminal by the House Intel Committee. An investigation that was supposed to be about Russian interference in our election and possible coordination by the Trump campaign. The one criminal referral is against a guy who tried to warn the US IC about interference in our election.

Almost everything you have posted the last two days is based on the unverified Nunes memo.

Is the dossier not a part of the Russian investigation? Did he not play a central part in that dossier? 

The referral suggests he made false statements to the FBI. Here is the referral. https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-01-04 CEG LG to FBI DOJ (unclassified cover letter for classified S.._.pdf

Unverified Nunes memo? Ok. Let's see what the dems have to refute it. They are drawing off the same source material. 

1 minute ago, Rebelbacker said:

Is the dossier not a part of the Russian investigation? Did he not play a central part in that dossier? 

The referral suggests he made false statements to the FBI. Here is the referral. https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-01-04 CEG LG to FBI DOJ (unclassified cover letter for classified S.._.pdf

Unverified Nunes memo? Ok. Let's see what the dems have to refute it. They are drawing off the same source material. 

Oh, according to republicans the referral “suggests” does it?

The memo is unverified. Sometime down the road, it may be evidence in an obstruction of justice trail.

9 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

There FISA court judge believed there was probable cause to sign a warrant. He had a lot more info than editor of the article. He had already been successfully recruited by Russian spies once.

Ok. I ask you again was he charged with anything? The answer is no. So they surveilled him and found nothing illegal. 

Even the Russians thought he was nothing special. 

Page was also described by a Russian intelligence agent who was trying to recruit him as an asset for Moscow in 2013 in another way: “idiot”.

“He wants to meet when he gets back,” the agent, Victor Podobnyy, said in a conversation recorded by US intelligence. “I think he is an idiot and forgot who I am. Plus he writes to me in Russian [to] practice the language.”

1 minute ago, jackmormon said:

Oh, according to republicans the referral “suggests” does it?

The memo is unverified. Sometime down the road, it may be evidence in an obstruction of justice trail.

Yes, that's what a referral does. It specified US code 18 U.S.C 1001. Here is an explanation because you certainly need it. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1001

3 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Ok. I ask you again was he charged with anything? The answer is no. So they surveilled him and found nothing illegal. 

Even the Russians thought he was nothing special. 

Page was also described by a Russian intelligence agent who was trying to recruit him as an asset for Moscow in 2013 in another way: “idiot”.

“He wants to meet when he gets back,” the agent, Victor Podobnyy, said in a conversation recorded by US intelligence. “I think he is an idiot and forgot who I am. Plus he writes to me in Russian [to] practice the language.”

A Fisa warrant doesn’t require proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Just probable cause. Being an idiot has no bearing on the care. He has a PhD, so he’s not completely stupid.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

image.jpeg.19d8bc60bbe3e73d70181e96afe139df.jpeg

Yeah, thats bullshit. From months ago I said when everyhting comes out. Let me spell it out so we are clear: Yesterdays memo, additonal memos from the House intelligence committee, the Senate intelligence committee findings(if the DOJ will allow release), the IG report, the Mueller SC, and anything else I may have missed or hasn't been made public yet.

14 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

A Fisa warrant doesn’t require proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Just probable cause. Being an idiot has no bearing on the care. He has a PhD, so he’s not completely stupid.

Has Page ever been charged with a crime? Yes or no. 

It's been shown getting a warrant is not difficult at all in the FISA court since 99.8% of applications are approved. 

23 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

What are the chances that was a party line vote?

It was Grassley and Graham. Jesus Christ do you know how anything works or even bother to read the actual letter I linked?

It should bother you that the dems don't care if Steele lied, but I know it doesn't. 

12 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Has Page ever been charged with a crime? Yes or no. 

It's been shown getting a warrant is not difficult at all in the FISA court since 99.8% of applications are approved. 

There are a lot of people who haven’t been arrested...Yet. It doesn’t mean nobody will. I think it’s a certainty. Will Page be one of them? We’ll have wait and see.

Did it cross your mind that people aren’t going to spend the time putting together a 50-100 page Fisa application, if they don’t think it is likely to be granted? Prosecutors know what the requirements are. It’s not like throwing a dart and hoping it sticks.

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

He is being referred for criminal by the House Intel Committee. An investigation that was supposed to be about Russian interference in our election and possible coordination by the Trump campaign. The one criminal referral is against a guy who tried to warn the US IC about interference in our election.

Almost everything you have posted the last two days is based on the unverified Nunes memo.

No, he was referred by Senators Chuck Grassley and Lindsay Graham, both members of the Senate Judiciary Committee. 

Stick to your pre-written talking points. When you deviate from them you tend to get a lot wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

It was Grassley and Graham. Jesus Christ do you know how anything works or even bother to read the actual letter I linked?

It should bother you that the dems don't care if Steele lied, but I know it doesn't. 

Grassley and Graham signed the referral.

There is no evidence Steele lied. He put together raw intellence reports. He said he was confident that 70-90% of the information was correct. Even he didn’t claim everything was accurate. Though much of it has been verified. In Page’s case, by Page himself in his congressional testimony.

From republican strategist Rick Wilson...

Rick Wilson
Life comes at you fast. Last night: “I don't believe that somebody like Mr. Page should be a target of the FBI.” Comrade Nunes “Over the past half year, I have had the privilege to serve as an informal advisor to the staff of the Kremlin.” Comrade Page, 2013

3 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Grassley and Graham signed the referral.

There is no evidence Steele lied. He put together raw intellence reports. He said he was confident that 70-90% of the information was correct. Even he didn’t claim everything was accurate. Though much of it has been verified. In Page’s case, by Page himself in his congressional testimony.

You should stop replying because you are just digging yourself a bigger hole with your stupidity.

First of all it didn't come from the House it came from the Senate Judiciary. So of course Grassley and Graham signed it.  Second it didn't have anything to do with what you wrote above. They aren't talking about false claims in the dossier. They are talking about false statements in the distribution of the dossier. Here is the actual text of the referral because you are too lazy to open a link and educate yourself. 

Attached please find a classified memorandum related to certain communications between Christopher Steele and multiple U.S. news outlets regarding the so-called "Trump dossier" that Mr. Steele compiled on behalf of Fusion GPS for the Clinton Campaign and the Democratic National Committee and also provided to the FBI. Based on the information contained therein, we are respectfully referring Mr. Steele to you for investigation of potential violations of 18 U.S.C. § 1001, for statements the Committee has reason to believe Mr. Steele made regarding his distribution of information contained in the dossier. https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-01-04 CEG LG to FBI DOJ (unclassified cover letter for classified S.._.pdf

And because I'm sure you don't know this, the reason why they are referring him for lying is because what he said in FBI interviews is different from what he said in the libel trial in London. I also linked that testimony earlier today.

[T]he Senate Judiciary Committee has examined a lot of dossier-related material from the FBI under an agreement that allows the committee to view materials the bureau has originally produced to the House Intelligence Committee.

It appears that Grassley and Graham are pursuing inconsistencies between what Steele told the FBI and what Steele told the London court. If they conflict, which is true? If what Steele told the FBI was untrue, that’s a problem.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/01/making-sense-of-the-steele-criminal-referral.php

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

Yeah, thats bullshit. From months ago I said when everyhting comes out. Let me spell it out so we are clear: Yesterdays memo, additonal memos from the House intelligence committee, the Senate intelligence committee findings(if the DOJ will allow release), the IG report, the Mueller SC, and anything else I may have missed or hasn't been made public yet.

CYA.

I'm out of this thread until something real happens.  I'm exhausted from keeping track of all this supposition, guessing, bullshitting, rumoring, listening to arguments based on "oh, yeah, you just wait and see", Trumpers that won't own up to it, Republican fan boys that act like they're middle of the road impartial referees in all of this.  Have fun.  

Steele appears to have lied to the FBI about being the source for the Isikoff Yahoo story in September when he was a paid informant. That’s what the referral seems to be about, not the dossier itself.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

CYA.

I'm out of this thread until something real happens.  I'm exhausted from keeping track of all this supposition, guessing, bullshitting, rumoring, listening to arguments based on "oh, yeah, you just wait and see", Trumpers that won't own up to it, Republican fan boys that act like they're middle of the road impartial referees in all of this.  Have fun.  

giphy.gif.bff3e859875d6cd42bb988f281a4557d.gif

11 hours ago, jackmormon said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Damn Devin, Yo Memo got moved on like such a bitch, Trump took it furniture shopping. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/YoMemoJokes?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#YoMemoJokes</a></p>&mdash; YS (@NYinLA2121) <a href="https://twitter.com/NYinLA2121/status/959852698110578688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 3, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

+++++!

Yo! Can someone help a brotha out?

Jesus Christ jack, what are you trying to post here :blink:  

You need to copy the URL for a tweet for it to embed. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater