Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebelbacker

#Release The Memo

https://www.dailywire.com/news/26091/people-will-go-jail-releasethememo-trends-ben-shapiro#

I don't know what is in this memo that the House has. Last month I was told by friends in DC that work on the hill that this collusion investigation was going to blow up and the level of corruption regarding the FISA warrant and dossier was criminal. Now it looks like that may be the case. Regardless of party if there is corruption and weaponizing LE or the intelligence services it needs to be dealt with and never allowed. I want to see what they have. 

I say release all the info and let the public decide. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

This is yet another obvious attempt to change the subject from Trump Russia. Unmasking gate. Secret witness uranium one gate. Clinton, dossier, FBI, Mueller, Russian conspiricy gate.

And probably a couple more that I can’t think of right now gates.

3 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

This is yet another obvious attempt to change the subject from Trump Russia. Unmasking gate. Secret witness uranium one gate. Clinton, dossier, FBI, Mueller, Russian conspiricy gate.

The subject is exactly Trump Russia, that’s why you want to wave it off.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The subject is exactly Trump Russia, that’s why you want to wave it off.

So were all the others. Do you remember the bombshells that were promised with them? This is just the latest promise to blow the lid off farce.

1 minute ago, jackmormon said:

Like I told you the last month I think you're going to look very foolish when everything comes out. 

4 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Somebody is. 

Why do you think all of these Russians keep popping up around the Trump campaign?

You know what, you could be right. I could be completely wrong. But if I am and Trump did commit a crime I'd be all for seeing him indicted and going to jail. But, I don't think I'm wrong. I have friends in 2 congressional offices, and one senators office and they are all telling me the same thing and have been for a while now. 

Look, you think one way and I think different. But I think we both agree we'd like as little corruption in politics as can be right?   

55 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

So were all the others. Do you remember the bombshells that were promised with them? This is just the latest promise to blow the lid off farce.

Bombshells like the Steele memos were paid opposition research by Clinton campaign? That kind of blew the lid off the farce. Or that Comey called it salacious and unverified months after it was reported in the press to be taken seriously by the FBI? A lot of lid blown off there. Or how about the fact that for 9 months the FBI was investigating but Comey had said repeatedly they specifically weren’t looking at Trump? That should have been enough for anyone reasonable enough to look. Then there is the fact that in the two plea deals there is no admission to being part of a conspiracy, despite the fact that if such a conspiracy existed it would be very harmful to the case for them to plea to only being liars.

I could go on, but we’ve been through this many times. You prefer to ignore the known facts at hand and instead grasp for the Louise Mensch type narrative.

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Another dog whistle that just magically "appears" right as the Fusion GPS testimony is released, and the Russia/NRA connection is written about.

It just magically appeared to people like you who haven’t been paying attention. But in reality this has been going on for months. 

8 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Bombshells like the Steele memos were paid opposition research by Clinton campaign? That kind of blew the lid off the farce. Or that Comey called it salacious and unverified months after it was reported in the press to be taken seriously by the FBI? A lot of lid blown off there. Or how about the fact that for 9 months the FBI was investigating but Comey had said repeatedly they specifically weren’t looking at Trump? That should have been enough for anyone reasonable enough to look. Then there is the fact that in the two plea deals there is no admission to being part of a conspiracy, despite the fact that if such a conspiracy existed it would be very harmful to the case for them to plea to only being liars.

I could go on, but we’ve been through this many times. You prefer to ignore the known facts at hand and instead grasp for the Louise Mensch type narrative.

Opposition research doesn't imply negative research. If you read through both of Simpson's testimony transcripts, you'll see that Fusion contracted him to simply look into Trump and various Russian connections that he may have had. Steele doesn't pay for information, he has people that he pays to then go out and gather information. From my understanding, that's a pretty standard way to gather intelligence. Furthermore, Steele was a Russian expert with MI-6, and trained in weeding out disinformation. 

A common prosecution tactic is to flip people for testiimony by giving them lesser sentences instead of what they technically could have charged them with. That appears to be what Mueller has done with Flynn and Papadopoulos. 

I'm not convinced that there was some grand conspiracy here.... but I do think the fact that Trump is imminently connection with somewhat nefarious characters related to Russian organized crime is at least suspicious. Trump also seems to simply want to be liked, and he doesn't understand it when people don't like him, which then seems to cause him to lash out at them. I think we have a collection of a number of staffers with the campaign that went and made all sorts of side deals thinking that they were smart enough to get away with them, especially since they had been able to do it in the business world. I firmly believe that the absolute worst thing that Trump could have done was run for President to begin with, and expose the lives and financial dealings of not only himself; but his family members, associates, and all sorts of other stuff. 

He seemed to be trying to build a name for himself in order to start his own news network ---- which is something that has been mentioned multiple times dating back to even before he officially announced his run. When it looked like his message was actually taking hold, he started to believe that he could win, and also saw this as an opportunity to attack Hillary, and by extension, Obama, who he seemed to harbor a grudge again. Towards the end of the campaign, they started to try and win the thing, but didn't actually expect to pull the win off. It turned into this perfect storm of events that led to an exceptionally unlikely presidency. 

5 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

It just magically appeared to people like you who haven’t been paying attention. But in reality this has been going on for months. 

I'm referring to the fact that the GOP started going on television networks and social media to promote this memo as incredibly damaging --- on the same day that those other events occurred. 

48 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I'm referring to the fact that the GOP started going on television networks and social media to promote this memo as incredibly damaging --- on the same day that those other events occurred. 

Certainly possible. So just release it and we can see if it is real or not.

If there is nothing there then why did every dem on the committee vote against releasing it after reading it? 

30 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Certainly possible. So just release it and we can see if it is real or not.

If there is nothing there then why did every dem on the committee vote against releasing it after reading it? 

If there was nothing in the Fusion GPS testimony, then why did the Republicans fight so hard for so long to keep from releasing it? 

For the record, I do agree with you. They just need to release it and be done with it. I personally believe that if it doesn't come out soon, it's because they're saving it for if/when Mueller announces another indictment or conviction/plea deal.

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

If there was nothing in the Fusion GPS testimony, then why did the Republicans fight so hard for so long to keep from releasing it? 

The GOP were the ones who pushed for Simpson to testify in the first place after two other Fusion employees pleaded the fifth in October. Yesterday they voted to release the entire testimony UNANIMOUSLY.  https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/18/house-panel-releases-transcript-of-interview-with-fusion-gps-co-founder-346342