Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackmormon

Russia funneling money to support Trump

10 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Where we disagree is that it is specifically illegal for a foreign government or foreign national to provide money or any other thing of value to a political candidate.

I have a serious question for you. How can you possibly post what you did here and not have any issue with foreign nations donating to the Clinton Foundation while she was SecState? 

9 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Where we disagree is that it is specifically illegal for a foreign government or foreign national to provide money or any other thing of value to a political candidate.

The Russian in question is a banker who has for years and years been a member of a Russian guns right group he created.  He was a huge guns guy waaaay before the Donald.  Of course he was going to donate money to the NRA.  That is literally his biggest thing he campaigns for and does so globally, gun rights.  Saying one of Russias most prominent guns rights activists donated some money to the NRA as part of Trump conspiracy seems like nonsense. 

Counterintelligence investigations and criminal investigations are not the same thing. The FBI does both. And they should be doing counterintelligence investigations when they think Russia might be up to no good.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think we are actually agreeing more than we are disagreeing.  I firmly believe Russia spent money on social media, the NRA etc...to help get their preferred candidate elected.  The thing though, is that it is perfectly legal to do so.  Russia and the USA are getting along pretty well right now, both economies are doing better than expected this time last year, we are working OK (not beautifully) in wasting resources we do not have in the Middle East together.

Show me a crime and I will care.  Russia and the USA should be as close as possible.  There is simply no way to fix the meddling.  None.  Zero.  Zip.  We play as dirty as they do.  What do you wan't?  Internet restrictions that infringe on our liberties?

Somehow methinks if this were President Clinton, that the GOP would be going apeshit about any cozying up to the Russkies.

Call me crazy, but I kinda got the vibe that Cons don't particularly like Russians.

fritzbreland.jpg

2010-04-17-0003.Sillysigns.jpg

:shrug:

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Guest RoscoesDad
10 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Exactly! We play just as dirty, or more so, than the Russians, Chinese, or anyone else does. That's how the game is played. 

I know I come off as insanely pro-Trump but I PROMISE you if he actually committed a crime I would want him prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I detest corruption from EITHER party and I want all of our public servants to be held accountable regardless of party affiliation. 

You stated in previous threads by stating that you are convinced the Meuller investigation is biased and hence whatever they find will not be believable.  Now you say you'll accept whatever Meuller finds.  Which one is it?

4 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

You stated in previous threads by stating that you are convinced the Meuller investigation is biased and hence whatever they find will not be believable.  Now you say you'll accept whatever Meuller finds.  Which one is it?

I never said I accept what Mueller finds. I said if Trump committed a crime. Those two are not the same. It's already been shown the members of Mueller's team are biased. 

I don't want corruption with either party. I'm really hoping that evidence comes out implicating members of both sides in corruption and cleaning out all of Congress. 

12 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

I have a serious question for you. How can you possibly post what you did here and not have any issue with foreign nations donating to the Clinton Foundation while she was SecState? 

The Clinton Foundation isn't Clinton's campaign. The Clintons gave money to their foundation. they didn't take money out of it.. Unlike Trumps foundation, which was funneling political donations and using it to pay off lawsuits with other peoples money.

12 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The Russian in question is a banker who has for years and years been a member of a Russian guns right group he created.  He was a huge guns guy waaaay before the Donald.  Of course he was going to donate money to the NRA.  That is literally his biggest thing he campaigns for and does so globally, gun rights.  Saying one of Russias most prominent guns rights activists donated some money to the NRA as part of Trump conspiracy seems like nonsense. 

The Russian banker is a  close Putin ally. He also met with Jr. at an NRA function. Why would a Russian banker be donating what may be butt loads of money to the NRA.

Just now, jackmormon said:

The Russian banker is a  close Putin ally. He also met with Jr. at an NRA function. Why would a Russian banker be donating what may be butt loads of money to the NRA.

Lets see what the dollar amount is.  Rich people donate to causes they support in other countries all the time.  Russian is not synonymous with nefarious.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lets see what the dollar amount is.  Rich people donate to causes they support in other countries all the time.  Russian is not synonymous with nefarious.

The NRA doesn't disclose donations. The FBI would have to get a court order, which will cause GOP house members to go ape shit,

This guy is connected to Putin and he is also connected to Trump. Something the keeps popping up. What is with the Trump campaign and all the freaking Russians?

3 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

The NRA doen't disclose donations.

This guy is connected to Putin and he is also connected to Trump. Something the keeps popping up. What is with the Trump campaign and all the freaking Russians?

He met Jr one time.  That does not mean connected to Trump.  This one seems like a huge reach, even by silly Russian conspiracy standards.

A wealthy avid gun activist donated money to the NRA.  Shocking.

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

The Clinton Foundation isn't Clinton's campaign. The Clintons gave money to their foundation. they didn't take money out of it.. Unlike Trumps foundation, which was funneling political donations and using it to pay off lawsuits with other peoples money.

They didn't? The DOJ and FBI thinks they have. http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/367541-fbi-launches-new-clinton-foundation-investigation

A wealthy man who runs a guns activist group in a foreign country comes to see how the most successful and politically influential such group in the world does things.  This is normal.  After meeting with the NRA big wigs decides to make a donation.  This would be expected. 

A GOP candidate sends somebody on his behalf to to mingle and shake hands with the NRA at their huge event.  This is also expected and it would be absolutely shocking if his campaign did not have representation there.

This is grasping at straws.

46 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Trump tweeted that the DOJ should investigate the Clinton foundation. And what do you know. Sessions opens an investigation.Surprise another change the subject off of the Russia investigation move.

35 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

A wealthy man who runs a guns activist group in a foreign country comes to see how the most successful and politically influential such group in the world does things.  This is normal.  After meeting with the NRA big wigs decides to make a donation.  This would be expected. 

A GOP candidate sends somebody on his behalf to to mingle and shake hands with the NRA at their huge event.  This is also expected and it would be absolutely shocking if his campaign did not have representation there.

This is grasping at straws.

You forgot, Russian gives donation to the NRA. The NRA spends more than double the amount to get Trump elected than any other candidate in any previous election.

20 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Trump tweeted that the DOJ should investigate the Clinton foundation. And what do you know. Sessions opens an investigation.Surprise another change the subject off of the Russia investigation move.

There are three open investigations into Clinton and the foundation right now. 

26 minutes ago, renoskier said:

If they never result in any charges/prosecution will it alter your opinion of the foundation?

Interesting question. In theory it absolutely should if you are someone that has complete confidance in law enforcement and the legal system. Personally, I don't. 

I've watched a number of videos by Charles Ortel that goes into hours of investigations of open sourced documents of the foundation and the fraud associated with it. I find it extremely hard to believe there were not crimes committed. Just as I(and many others) found it extremely hard to believe Hillary was not charged over the mishandling of classified emails when others were charged for far less.

I freely admit I am biased and do not like the Clinton's. I also detest corruption. So I can honestly say I'd be hard pressed to change my opinion on Bill or Hillary without a mountain of evidence in their favor. And to date I've not seen any to sway my opinion that they are not dirty.

4 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Interesting question. In theory it absolutely should if you are someone that has complete confidance in law enforcement and the legal system. Personally, I don't. 

I've watched a number of videos by Charles Ortel that goes into hours of investigations of open sourced documents of the foundation and the fraud associated with it. I find it extremely hard to believe there were not crimes committed. Just as I(and many others) found it extremely hard to believe Hillary was not charged over the mishandling of classified emails when others were charged for far less.

I freely admit I am biased and do not like the Clinton's. I also detest corruption. So I can honestly say I'd be hard pressed to change my opinion on Bill or Hillary without a mountain of evidence in their favor. And to date I've not seen any to sway my opinion that they are not dirty.

I certainly don't think you need "complete confidence" in our legal system but I do believe it's pretty good overall. It does seem to have a difficult time investigating and successfully prosecuting "white collar" crime; or maybe a lot of this work isn't widely publicized, especially when it often results in monetary settlements. Any prosecution of the Clinton Foundation would almost certainly be of the "white collar" variety and would be unlikely to result in prison time.

I don't really know much about the actual workings of a foundation but it seems to me that the very worst thing a founder could be convicted of would be using funds for their own personal use. Sure, I suppose in the Clinton's case you can say donations were bribes to curry political favor. With the amounts of money in our political system, I think such an accusation would be very difficult to prove. Another problem with successfully trying to pursue a case against the CF is, who are the victims? Are any of the donors claiming misuse of funds?