Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackmormon

Russia funneling money to support Trump

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

Through the NRA? The FBI is investigating.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fbi-potential-transfers-russian-banker-nra-article-1.3763792

PS: Why The +++++ were so many Trump campaign staffers making trips to Russia?

Putin's Pals Special Discount card for Trump staffers!

:D

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Just now, Boise fan said:

Putin's Pals Special Discount card for Trump staffers!

@halfmanhalfbronco  - Russian money transfers to NRA = NRA are communist sympathizers?  :shrug:

Wouldn't that be a huge mind phuck!  Especially as doesn't the NRA have a large database of American gun enthusiasts...?

:hmmm:

1 minute ago, Boise fan said:

@halfmanhalfbronco  - Russian money transfers to NRA = NRA are communist sympathizers?  :shrug:

Wouldn't that be a huge mind phuck!  Especially as doesn't the NRA have a large database of American gun enthusiasts...?

:hmmm:

I have been accused of being a Russian plant by @CPslograd for defending Obama's stance on the Russian annexation of the Crimea.  True story.

More on the subject from Fusion GPS’s Glenn Simpson’s House Intel Committee testimony...

Simpson also asserted that the Russian government had “infiltrated “ the National Rifle Association, which spent more than $400 million in the 2016 election, according to public records. The NRA supports mainly Republicans. 

“It appears the Russians, you know, infiltrated the NRA, and there is more than one explanation for why,” he said in the testimony. “But I would say broadly speaking, it appears that the Russian operation was designed to infiltrate conservative organizations. And they targeted various conservative organizations, religious and otherwise, and they seem to have made a very concerted effort to get in with the NRA. And so there is a Russian banker-slash-Duma member-slash-Mafia leader named Alexander Torshin who is a life member of the NRA. And we spent a lot of time investigating Mr. Torshin. And he is well known to Spanish law enforcement for money laundering activity...” 

NBC News has previously reported that Torshin sought a meeting with Trump, and ended up at an an NRA dinner with Donald Trump Jr. 

Simpson also mentioned a Russian NRA member named Maria Butina, who he says “started hanging around the Trump transition after the election.” 

“The most absurd [thing] about this is that, you know, Vladimir Putin is not in favor of universal gun ownership for Russians," said Simpson. "And so it's all a big charade, basically.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-intelligence-committee-releases-glenn-simpson-trump-dossier-testimony-n838751

More on Marina Butina...

Just a few years ago, Maria Butina owned a furniture store in Siberia. Now she’s wheeling and dealing with D.C. think-tankers, Republican strategists, and a Russian bank chief with alleged mob connections.

Depending on the audience, Butina has presented herself as a Russian central bank staffer, a leading gun rights advocate, a “representative of the Russian Federation,” a Washington, D.C., graduate student, a journalist, and a connection between Team Trump and Russia. She used each role to help her gain more high-level contacts in the nation’s capital.

It’s another chapter in what’s becoming a familiar story in Washington: Kremlin-connected operators building bridges to the GOP...

On Nov. 12, 2016, shortly after the election of President Donald Trump, Butina held a birthday party at Cafe Deluxe near American University, where she attends graduate school classes.

The event was a costume party attended by Trump campaign aides and Erickson, who told guests that he was on the Trump presidential transition team. She dressed as Russian Empress Alexandra while Erickson was dressed as Rasputin.

As chilled vodka flowed through an ice sculpture—a bottle imprinted with the Soviet hammer and sickle—she took some time to brag. She brazenly claimed that she had been part of the Trump campaign’s communications with Russia, two individuals who were present said. On other occasions, in one of her graduate classes, she repeated this claim.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-kremlin-and-gop-have-a-new-friendand-boy-does-she-love-guns

Just seems like a real stretch guys.  I mean I am sure Russia dumped money into a bunch of conservative groups and a lot into democratic groups as well.  Does not help the source speaks like a 14 year old, like, you know.  Sorry this looks like a grasp at straws.

The GOP, who wants a single party system which is military centric, selective corporate favoritism and wants to abolish social programs, is cozying up to an authoritarian government like Russia?

Say it isn't so!

51 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Just seems like a real stretch guys.  I mean I am sure Russia dumped money into a bunch of conservative groups and a lot into democratic groups as well.  Does not help the source speaks like a 14 year old, like, you know.  Sorry this looks like a grasp at straws.

The guy was being questioned for ten hours straight. He seemed pretty articulate to me. Perhaps he could be forgiven for a “you know” or two.

4 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

The guy was being questioned for ten hours straight. He seemed pretty articulate to me. Perhaps he could be forgiven for a “you know” or two.

Considering his most quotable moments that got sourced were so, like totally you know I can only imagine how cringe worthy the rest must have been.

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Considering his most quotable moments that got sourced were so, like totally you know I can only imagine how cringe worthy the rest must have been.

Did he really say “like totally you know”? The entire transcript is out.

The FBI thinks that there may be a Russia NRA connection. So they must have corroborating evidence of their own.

5 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

The FBI thinks that there may be a Russia NRA connection. So they must have corroborating evidence of their own.

That is not completely true and I will wait for something to come of it that is actually illegal.  Russia can funnel money to the NRA all they want, nothing illegal about that.

The honest to God truth is that our administration and Russia being cozy would be a geopolitical miracle in stabilizing the world.  If no crime took place and we have better relations with them than +++++ yea.

I have said this for years now and the old GOP'ers on this site have balked at me for it.  

9 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

So you think the FBI is investigating it based on nothing?

Yes.  You do realize investigations at all levels often end up not finding anything, right?  A single Russian being a member of or donating to the NRA is not scandalous let alone criminal.

The Red Scare was a joke 30 years ago and it is a joke now.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes.  You do realize investigations at all levels often end up not finding anything, right?  A single Russian being a member of the NRA is not scandalous let alone criminal.

The Red Scare was a joke 30 years ago and it is a joke now.

Not just any Russian.

investigations don’t always find something, but they don’t start based on nothing.

4 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Not just any Russian.

investigations don’t always find something, but they don’t start based on nothing.

I think we are actually agreeing more than we are disagreeing.  I firmly believe Russia spent money on social media, the NRA etc...to help get their preferred candidate elected.  The thing though, is that it is perfectly legal to do so.  Russia and the USA are getting along pretty well right now, both economies are doing better than expected this time last year, we are working OK (not beautifully) in wasting resources we do not have in the Middle East together.

Show me a crime and I will care.  Russia and the USA should be as close as possible.  There is simply no way to fix the meddling.  None.  Zero.  Zip.  We play as dirty as they do.  What do you wan't?  Internet restrictions that infringe on our liberties?

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think we are actually agreeing more than we are disagreeing.  I firmly believe Russia spent money on social media, the NRA etc...to help get their preferred candidate elected.  The thing though, is that it is perfectly legal to do so.  Russia and the USA are getting along pretty well right now, both economies are doing better than expected this time last year, we are working OK (not beautifully) in wasting resources we do not have in the Middle East together.

Show me a crime and I will care.  Russia and the USA should be as close as possible.  There is simply no way to fix the meddling.  None.  Zero.  Zip.  We play as dirty as they do.  What do you wan't?  Internet restrictions that infringe on our liberties?

Exactly! We play just as dirty, or more so, than the Russians, Chinese, or anyone else does. That's how the game is played. 

I know I come off as insanely pro-Trump but I PROMISE you if he actually committed a crime I would want him prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I detest corruption from EITHER party and I want all of our public servants to be held accountable regardless of party affiliation. 

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Where we disagree is that it is specifically illegal for a foreign government or foreign national to provide money or any other thing of value to a political candidate.

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

The DNC is still up working late! I'm impressed. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg