Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Government Shutdown 2018

4 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Really? You can not like the wall but at least be honest. Here are campaing promises he kept:

1. Slash federal regulations

2. Lifetime ban on WH officials lobbying for foreign governements

3.Conservative justice to replace Scalia

4. Keep Gitmo open

5. Cancel Paris agreement

6. Cancel TPP

7. Create 10% repatriation tax

8. Reverse Obama EO on guns

9. Raise GDP over 3%

10. Lower taxes for corporations and individuals

Those are just off the top of my head. There may be more. But to say he isn't 'keeping any promises' is wrong. 

I was referring to promises about the wall.  He ain't keeping them at all.  And crooked Hillary is still free!

Posted Image

I predict that they will pass a short-term authorization of a few weeks with the commitment to negotiate a deal on DACA. It’ll then be up to whether the GOP can control their crazies and do something the vast majority of people want. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, edluvar said:

I was referring to promises about the wall.  He ain't keeping them at all.  And crooked Hillary is still free!

I am sure he would make Mexico pay for the wall if he could get it through congress.  He at least tries to keep his promises.

Looks like we will wait until along time after Obama is dead.

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

Really? You can not like the wall but at least be honest. Here are campaing promises he kept:

1. Slash federal regulations

To benefit who?  Job growth has slowed...

2. Lifetime ban on WH officials lobbying for foreign governements

Well....we will see how this one plays out.  Does he fire Mueller?

3.Conservative justice to replace Scalia

Yay!!!

4. Keep Gitmo open

When was it going to close?

5. Cancel Paris agreement

again....Yay?

6. Cancel TPP

This was a bad deal from the start.....

7. Create 10% repatriation tax

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

8. Reverse Obama EO on guns

Hmmm...bump stocks?   "Hell, they ain't fully auto, he still has to hold the trigger....."

9. Raise GDP over 3%

The wave was already coming....

10. Lower taxes for corporations and individuals

LULZZZ!!!!! Until it isn't....

Those are just off the top of my head. There may be more. But to say he isn't 'keeping any promises' is wrong. 

45 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I am sure he would make Mexico pay for the wall if he could get it through congress.  He at least tries to keep his promises.

Looks like we will wait until along time after Obama is dead.

Yes, Obama failed.  What about Trump?

24 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

To benefit who?  Job growth has slowed...

African American unemployment all-time low https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/05/black-unemployment-rate-falls-to-record-low.html

Hispanic unemployment all-time low http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/08/news/economy/ivanka-trump-hispanic-unemployment-rate/index.html

Unemployment rate is at a 17 year low

29 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

Well....we will see how this one plays out.  Does he fire Mueller?

Mueller has nothing to do with this. Lobbyists.

31 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

When was it going to close?

Obama pledged that for 8 years. 

31 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

LULZZZ!!!!! Until it isn't....

Had to be that way because of the Byrd Rule. Otherwise the bill could not have passed. But I'm wiling to bet when it comes up for renewal it will. 

9 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Or maybe you should? Considering the House passed a bill in November and the dems spiked it in the senate. http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/358622-house-passes-bill-to-fund-childrens-insurance-program

Then before Christmas congress passed a bill to fund it through March. 

Or perhaps the Republicans should stop putting a poison pill in everything.  

Quite frankly I have no problem with the Dems taking a principled stand for those kids who were raised here due to US hypocrisy.   As posted the Republicans have no intention of ever passing a bill so let the damn government stay closed for a year until the next election.   

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Or perhaps the Republicans should stop putting a poison pill in everything.  

Quite frankly I have no problem with the Dems taking a principled stand for those kids who were raised here due to US hypocrisy.   As posted the Republicans have no intention of ever passing a bill so let the damn government stay closed for a year until the next election.   

What exactly was the poison pill in the spending bill? Funding the government or funding CHIP? Because that's all that was in that bill.

How exactly are the dems taking a 'principled stand' for DACA when there isn't even a daca bill to vote on? Do you think this helps get the bill done or makes it worse?

4 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

What exactly was the poison pill in the spending bill? Funding the government or funding CHIP? Because that's all that was in that bill.

How exactly are the dems taking a 'principled stand' for DACA when there isn't even a daca bill to vote on? Do you think this helps get the bill done or makes it worse?

The poison pill was in the original bill to fund CHIP outside of the funding bill.

Dems are taking their stand just like Republicans did over theirs.   

14 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Look for nuclear option talk to heat up this week. Orange 45 has spoken

McConnell shot it down.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/senate/369984-mcconnell-opposes-nuclear-option-in-budget-debate%3famp

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

12 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Look for nuclear option talk to heat up this week. Orange 45 has spoken

I hope they do nuke the filibuster.  It is an abomination.  The majority deserves the right to rule the country without being able to hide behind the minority for their choices when they face the voters.  It would also make the congress more accountable to being a check on the executive instead of just being toadies.  Trump can't get 50+ votes on anything anyway as the Republicans can't agree on anything themselves.  

Posted Image

Day 2 and how do the TERRORISTS feel about the media not falling in line behind them yet.

tumblr_m50iyur3qS1rqa5h2.gif

Another cloture vote today. Wonder if they’ll double down and really start offing HOSTAGES tomorrow.

tenor.gif?itemid=8010168

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/01/21/politics/cnn-poll-midterm-elections-generic-congressional/index.html

The new poll's 49% Democrat to 44% Republican margin among registered voters is almost identical to Democrats' standing in January of 2006, the last midterm election year in which they made significant gains in the House of Representatives. 

But it represents a large shift from CNN polls conducted in the past three months, in which Democrats held double-digit advantages over the Republicans.

giphy.gif

The 60 rule needs to stay. Democracy runs on compromise, not winner take all.

What needs to be jettisoned is the Hastert rule.

The shutdown will last at least a week. 

The shutdown will gave minimal impact on the midterms, Nov is a long ways away. Midterms depend on your bases. Not swing voters. And those bases will keep this shutdown going.

One of the Final Five..........

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-support-legal-status-dreamers-exchange-border-wall/story?id=52501017&cid=clicksource_4380645_1_hero_headlines_headlines_hed

Dems want the Dreamers

Trump wants his wall

Ryan and the immigration hardliners want to end the lottery and family reunification. Kelly and Miller are with Ryan.

Mconnell wants whatever Trump wants

Dems are willing to give trump his wall.....so it all comes down to Ryan. From a state that just had a gop seat turn dem.

One of the Final Five..........