Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Government Shutdown 2018

3 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Yeah, took some amusement from the Norway comment tbh.

I've been married to her for over 10 years and I honestly have no idea what her real hair color is. She was dyeing her hair before I met her, and she's been dyeing her hair ever since. She won't tell me what the real color is because she says she doesn't like it. 

I bet it's orange

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I've been married to her for over 10 years and I honestly have no idea what her real hair color is. She was dyeing her hair before I met her, and she's been dyeing her hair ever since. She won't tell me what the real color is because she says she doesn't like it. 

Um.  There are other ways to tell natural hair color.

:D

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

55 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

You have zero proof that the rest of the GOP opposes it, or at least you have not presented the proof. 

Now, allowing a vote on that bipartisan agreement with Trump sticking by his original comment that he'd sign whatever was put in front of him (rather than how he backtracked) would let us know whether you're right or wrong.

Actually I posted a CNN article this morning replying to you saying the votes weren't there. Here is another article. https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/111798-2

Republican lawmakers and aides say two of their GOP colleagues — Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Jeff Flake of Arizona — wasted time negotiating a deal they believe cannot get the votes necessary to pass either chamber and is opposed by the White House.

Not everyone thinks Graham and Flake are negotiating in the best interest of the GOP and the administration. Aides point to Flake’s speech on Wednesday blasting President Donald Trump after linking him to Joseph Stalin — the former dictator of the Soviet Union — as evidence that there was no strong desire in the group to meet the demands of the White House.

Besides that if the GOP had the votes a bill would be on the floor and there would be a vote. There isn't. Last whip count publicized they were 4 gop votes short. That's the biggest example of the fact the Graham-Durbin bill isn't going to get it done.

I still can't believe you are still sticking to your argument about Trump's commitment when I showed you the context. Do you not recognize that? 

5 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Now who is quoting limited parts of the meeting? Watch the entire thing. Trump was all over the place during that meeting. He basically agreed with whomever was talking last.

I'm quoting Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham because they're two of the most important GOP Senators or, in the case of McConnell, THE most important GOP Senator...as in the leader of the entire caucus. Should I need to get quotes from every single Senator at the meeting besides those two + Trump? That's asking what I'd consider an absurd amount of proof.

He said he'd sign whatever compromise he came up with and that he would not change that based on what they came up with. He said he'd take the heat for both Democrats and Republicans for whatever agreement they came to. And then he went back on his word when they came to an agreement and put it in front of him to sign.

He got, as I mentioend earlier:

It nixed family based-migration plans for parents, cut the visas awarded through the diversity programs by half, reorienting them to people with Temporary Proected Status. It diverted visas away from new immigrants to TPS-protected people and it gave Trump billions in border security including money for "fencing". (Wall.) Last, but not least, it gave something else that Trump himself said he wanted to see happen: protections for the dreamers. Which again, you'll recall, Trump says he wanted. The fact he did not get EVERYTHING he wanted does not mean he got NOTHING he wanted.

Lastly, I'll note that this is not his stated reason for rejecting the compromise.

His stated reason, if you'll recall, was "immigrants from shithole countries". He didn't talk about how he didn't get more money for border security or that the visas awarded were only cut in half instead of eliminated completely. He didn't talk about how family based migration plans were ended for parents. All things that he wanted.

You're putting words into his mouth on his reason for rejecting the compromise a day or two after he said he'd agree to sign whatever the two parties came up with. And you're dismissing senators from his own party pointing the finger at him as the problem.

He at one point agreed to a stand alone DACA bill.

3 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

That is kind of weird man.  

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

I don’t know. I’m going to owe this year. I don’t have enough withholding taken out because I refuse to give the government an interest free loan. 

Yeah because you get soooo much interest putting it in the bank....

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 minute ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Yeah because you get soooo much interest putting it in the bank....

Lots of places other than banks to put your money.

No interest for saving and checking accounts is a direct result of democratic banking laws that have changed banking from its traditional lending model to a fee based model.

40 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Lots of places other than banks to put your money.

No interest for saving and checking accounts is a direct result of democratic banking laws that have changed banking from its traditional lending model to a fee based model.

I just thought it was because interest rates were at historic lows. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say