Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

This is horrific. The child torture case in California.

13 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It appears the abuse started while living in a farmhouse in a rural area outside Fort Worth, Texas. Let's move on. 

What was that time frame if you don't mind.  On my phone trying to socialize and MWCboard at the same time.

9 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Anyone who calls Perris in Riverside County a city has never been there. It's a bottom-rung, semi-rural exurb of the worst kind.

Yeah this is hardly a "city" thing.  I never heard of the place prior to this.  I still do not know how they could be there for so long and not one neighbor thought to CPS just to check in.  Seems weird to me.

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah this is hardly a "city" thing.  I never heard of the place prior to this.  I still do not know how they could be there for so long and not one neighbor thought to CPS just to check in.  Seems weird to me.

Two sheds within 100 yards is a city according to blues.

The houses looked to be no more than 15' apart.  Supposedly the kids were being beaten.  I guess you guys have an excuse for the neighbors not caring about screaming kids too.

This is a city thing, when houses are a mile a part the neighbors don't hear the chains rattling on the kids being beaten next door.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah especially when the children were seen being marched back and forth through the night but most of them had never been seen in the daylight. But the thing about a subdivision in Perris and other unincorporated communities in the western “Inland Empire” (Riverside and San Bernardino Cos.) is that most of the working age folks are driving a hellish commute of 90 minutes or 2 hours each day to LA, SD, or Orange Co.  A lot of them probably are rarely home during the week in daylight. Plus everyone is from somewhere else. It takes a village, and this ain’t no village. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

41 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

The houses looked to be no more than 15' apart.  Supposedly the kids were being beaten.  I guess you guys have an excuse for the neighbors not caring about screaming kids too.

This is a city thing, when houses are a mile a part the neighbors don't hear the chains rattling on the kids being beaten next door.

No doubt the houses in the subdivision are close together, but it’s no city. I looked up the streets rating on Walkscore.com. It was “0” out of 100, which I had never seen before. In essence it means there is nothing that is within walking distance. Every trip to satisfy any need is by car. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say