Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

This is horrific. The child torture case in California.

"The grandparents of 13 children allegedly abused and kept shackled to beds in their Southern California home said the parents had so many kids because "God called on them." "

http://abcnews.go.com/US/grandparents-shackled-children-god-called-parents-kids/story?id=52373364

"... the children were given "very strict home schooling," and they were required to memorize long passages of the Bible. "

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

15 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

It is always funny in these shithole cities people who live 15' apart have no idea what is going on in the adjacent house.

City people are actually scared to talk to their neighbors.  Which might be a wise policy.

You never fail to Trump stupidity, right Tools?

It's like you were separated at birth!

15 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

People, man...who needs monsters?

On that same note, people from all over the world are calling in and wanting to adopt these kids and even take care of the adults.

For every monster there are 50 who genuinely love their fellow man.

37 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

You never fail to Trump stupidity, right Tools?

It's like you were separated at birth!

Not sure what Trump has to do with this...

He has a point.  It blows my mind that this could happen to so many kids for so long and the neighbors never had a clue.  I live in a city, Boise and know all my neighbors.  

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He has a point.  It blows my mind that this could happen to so many kids for so long and the neighbors never had a clue.  I live in a city, Boise and know all my neighbors.  

At first thought, I kind of agreed also. But although I know and am friendly with all my immediate neighbors and talk with them regularly outside, I really have no idea what goes on inside. 

I couldn't believe it when I saw a picture of the neighborhood; pretty nice and not what I expected when the story broke.

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If my neighbor looked like the antagonist in No Country for Old Men, and the kids only came out in the dark and to mow the lawn - I probably wouldn't talk to them either though.

Some neighbors did seem to know what was going on and compared the kids to "children of the corn" and stuff.  Said they looked scared when asked simple questions as they put up christmas decorations.

Obviously nobody knew about the abuse, but people just thought they were weird.  How do you turn somebody in like that?

15 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I guess this goes back to your feelings on sweeping generalizations.  If they fit your narrative, I guess they're okay?

:shrug:

I've always known my neighbors.  I've known farmers in Middleton Idaho who didn't know their neighbors.  So should I just state all Middleton farmers are idiots who are afraid to talk to their neighbors?

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

If my neighbor looked like the antagonist in No Country for Old Men, and the kids only came out in the dark and to mow the lawn - I probably wouldn't talk to them either though.

Some neighbors did seem to know what was going on and compared the kids to "children of the corn" and stuff.  Said they looked scared when asked simple questions as they put up christmas decorations.

Obviously nobody knew about the abuse, but people just thought they were weird.  How do you turn somebody in like that?

I was living in an apartment complex in the north end of Boise two years ago.  The family under me was very reclusive but friendly enough when you talked to them.  The kids went out and played during the day, things seemed normal.  However after a few months I realized that people were coming over to their house at really weird hours, during the weekday early in the morning and stuff.  Something did not feel right.  I called CPS.  Dozens of people showing up at their door and leaving after 40 minutes or so every week at 2 AM just did not feel right, I figured they were probably just selling pot as I smelled it on them on occasion.  Still my gut did not sit right so I made the phone call.

Turns out the inside was covered in animal feces and they were selling meth.  

3 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

I guess this goes back to your feelings on sweeping generalizations.  If they fit your narrative, I guess they're okay?

:shrug:

I've always known my neighbors.  I've known farmers in Middleton Idaho who didn't know their neighbors.  So should I just state all Middleton farmers are idiots who are afraid to talk to their neighbors?

I guess this goes back to you wanting to pick up a fight that hijacks a thread with Blues every chance you get and I would kindly ask you to leave your thoughts about politics out of this particular subject.  

Your second paragraph makes a fair enough point to stand on it's own just fine.  

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I guess this goes back to you wanting to pick up a fight that hijacks a thread with Blues every chance you get and I would kindly ask you to leave your thoughts about politics out of this particular subject.  

Your second paragraph makes a fair enough point to stand on it's own just fine.  

Yeah I admit I'll take on the Tool anytime.  It's not as though he isn't asking for it.

And it's highly disingenuous to ignore how many threads he's hijacked attacking others.  Where were your complaints about all those?  :hmmm:

1 minute ago, Boise fan said:

Yeah I admit I'll take on the Tool anytime.  It's not as though he isn't asking for it.

And it's highly disingenuous to ignore how many threads he's hijacked attacking others.  Where were your complaints about all those?  :hmmm:

I greatly enjoy the banter between you two most the time on most threads.  Just...time and place ya know?

It's pretty amazing that those two heinous parents were able to take the kids to Disneyland.  That's some astonishing mind control over the kids.  Might have been their best opportunity to blow the whistle before the brave girl escaped from the home.

Hope those parents go away for a long, long time.