Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebelbacker

Anybody Ever Go Hog Hunting?

I've been told the hunting is better in Mississippi.  They're pretty much defenseless when grazing at farmer's markets or open air pavilions.  Gun ranges are good too. But they're not as defenseless.

So skip the bars.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

23 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

I've been told the hunting is better in Mississippi.  They're pretty much defenseless when grazing at farmer's markets or open air pavilions.  Gun ranges are good too. But they're not as defenseless.

So skip the bars.

Much better to pick up that pork chop at the store where you can convince yourself nothing died right moron.

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

Much better to pick up that pork chop at the store where you can convince yourself nothing died right moron.

c35.gif

Wait, that might be too technical for you, Tools.

zZBDnl.gif

too literal you say Tools?

jokeoverurhead_zps63078f7f.gif?w=280&h=2

Clear?

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He was referring to Mississippi's obesity problem and where fat women are likely to congregate.

Thanks for clarifying that to him.  I'm not sure if he understood the images I used.

:D

I'm not a hunter, but I actually did go hunting for wild boar on a private estate in Tuscany (that's just how Big Ten grads roll) a couple of years ago.  It didn't live up to the hype and essentially amounted to sitting in a blind in the rain for a couple of hours looking at deer we weren't allowed to shoot. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

1 hour ago, Victor Maitlin said:

I'm not a hunter, but I actually did go hunting for wild boar on a private estate in Tuscany (that's just how Big Ten grads roll) a couple of years ago.  It didn't live up to the hype and essentially amounted to sitting in a blind in the rain for a couple of hours looking at deer we weren't allowed to shoot. 

Huh....no dogs? I thought wild pigs were hunted in thick cover and with dogs; at least that's how a few of my buddies hunt them in California.

They say it's often somewhat dangerous for the dogs.

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

Huh....no dogs? I thought wild pigs were hunted in thick cover and with dogs; at least that's how a few of my buddies hunt them in California.

They say it's often somewhat dangerous for the dogs.

No dogs.  From what Tommaso told me, the boars are nasty creatures. He said to watch for the deer breaking from the clearing for the woods if the boar were approaching.  I certainly wouldn't want to risk my dog hunting them.  Perhaps if I had a team of hard, pipe-hitting Ridgebacks like I've seen on some South African farms.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

5 minutes ago, Victor Maitlin said:

No dogs.  From what Tommaso told me, the boars are nasty creatures. He said to watch for the deer breaking from the clearing for the woods if the boar were approaching.  I certainly wouldn't want to risk my dog hunting them.  Perhaps if I had a team of hard, pipe-hitting Ridgebacks like I've seen on some South African farms.

I don't know what kind of dogs my friends use but I found this interesting page which explain a boar hunt using dogs. This says the catch dog will actually attempt to grab hold of the pigs ear! Freaking nuts and very dangerous; they wear protective vest.

http://www.huntwildpig.com/the-1-best-hog-dogs-to-hunt-wild-boar/

On 1/18/2018 at 12:53 PM, Rebelbacker said:

I'm going hog hunting in Texas next week and I'm curious if any here has hunted hogs before? I have no experience with this. I'm looking to bring as much meat back as possible so are smaller hogs better eating? Any tips or knowledge would be appreciated. 

Wild boar taste  much different than domestic pigs. Don't expect the same. Ask your guide  to give to you tips on preparation of the meat. I havent hunted wild boar but I have eaten it.....huge difference in taste.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:53 AM, Rebelbacker said:

I'm going hog hunting in Texas next week and I'm curious if any here has hunted hogs before? I have no experience with this. I'm looking to bring as much meat back as possible so are smaller hogs better eating? Any tips or knowledge would be appreciated. 

Go to Hawaii.  They probably welcome hog hunters.  I read they're very destructive to the environment over there.  

On 1/18/2018 at 11:53 AM, Rebelbacker said:

No, but I once got married in Montana. 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

19 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Wild boar taste  much different than domestic pigs. Don't expect the same. Ask your guide  to give to you tips on preparation of the meat. I havent hunted wild boar but I have eaten it.....huge difference in taste.

I've been told that. That's why I was asking if smalled hogs are better eating than big hogs. I've watched a ton of youtube videos but it is always nice to hear others opinions and experiences.