Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Sorry Wyoming Fans

4 hours ago, Lost Poke said:

Josh should meet with John Elway to learn how John refused to play for the Colts and got away with it.

Elway had a contract with the Yankees, so not really the same thing. Eli Manning refusing to play for the Chargers is more along the lines of what he should be looking at.

And I'd be all for it! Some people will rip him for being a spoiled athlete who thinks he's above the rules, but going to Cleveland is career suicide. 

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

As I've mentioned before, if he's drafted by the Browns, that means Josh Allen will have lived in Fresno, Laramie, and Cleveland most of if not his entire life. That's pretty fvcking brutal and would break most men. What would be next, Sudan?

Chernobyl

9 hours ago, RiverCityBronco said:

I think he'd be perfect for Cleveland.  He's used to wearing brown, playing in an inhospitable environment and not being surrounded by much talent.   

He was surroundped by a pretty young offense this year for sure.   His center, wr, te, and rb from last year are all on NFL rosters.   

At first, I hated the idea of Josh Allen going to the Browns, but I've kind of turned the corner.  Being taken No. 1 in the NFL Draft would be a PR bonanza for the University of Wyoming.  All the major sporting news outlets will feature the story and the video of Allen donning a Brown's baseball cap as the NFL Commissioner hands him a No. 1 Browns jersey.  As it is, all the hype surrounding Allen as been a PR boon for UW.  A study commissioned by the Wyoming AD found that media coverage of Wyoming football for the 2017 season garnered an estimated $46 million in media exposure.  With Allen playing in the Senior Bowl, appearing at the NFL Combine, and his individual Pro Day at Wyoming, that number is surely to go up. 

Granted, the Browns have a rep as a quarterback graveyard, and Allen could get caught in that trap as well.  But, if he's successful in the Mistake by the Lake, he'll be an NFL legend as the QB that saved the Browns.  Hell, if he's successful in Cleveland they'll put up a statue dedicated to him.  There are, to be sure, other scenarios that would probably benefit Allen better career-wise, but first round money is nothing to sneeze at.  And, as a fan, it would be fun to bask in the glow of having the No. 1 NFL pick in the draft.

Story about the media exposure:  http://gowyo.com/news/2018/1/12/value-of-media-exposure-surrounding-wyoming-football-in-the-fall-of-2017-exceeds-46-million.aspx?path=general

Tweet: 

PokeNation: Internet Society of Wyoming fans everywhere