Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

New Mexico at UNLV

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

'Member when you silly UNLV fans were talking about how you were noticeably better than Boise and kept posting this gif?

Image result for soon gif

Ahhhhh.  Good times.

Menzies will have you guys excited again and competing for the conference but it was silly to think you could go from last place to first in one season.

1bu888.jpg

37 minutes ago, toonkee said:

You Boise guys sure are being sore winners this season.   

they are definitely letting us have it, lol. and it's almost funny, because i had been thinking last fall during football that boise fans were pretty quiet considering their history, and that i wished some of our basketball fans would just quit talking so much trash, we would slide under the radar a lot easier. it all works out in the end, i guess.

22 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

they are definitely letting us have it, lol. and it's almost funny, because i had been thinking last fall during football that boise fans were pretty quiet considering their history, and that i wished some of our basketball fans would just quit talking so much trash, we would slide under the radar a lot easier. it all works out in the end, i guess.

Oh, I know we're incorrigible.

38 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Basketball success is kinda new to us still.  We know what we have in our football program by now.  Personally I reserved my trash talking for SDSU fans because of how unbearable they were the last two years.  Our football fan base has been humbled pretty well and most are just happy things are looking good and we actually performed in conference.

now Lori better go have a chitchat with the bonanza coach. don't be messing with our recruits! we need this kid next year, he'll be an immediate improvement at his position.

Lori C‏ @UNLVgirl 29m29 minutes ago

Trey Woodbury goes up for a killer slam and is fouled and comes down Hard! He’s still down. Bonanza coach talking shit to Clark asst coach and they have to be separated. Smh game just started but it’s 14-2 Clark.

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

I'm guessing it's because some posters were fairly condescending towards the MW and, more specifically, Boise.

I certainly don't speak for everyone, but I'd venture to say that the vast majority of Boise fans think highly of UNLV and the vast majority of it's fans. 

UNLV still represents a good win for Boise, even in their down years. There's respect there. 

5 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I'm guessing it's because some (ok, one) poster(s) were fairly condescending towards the MW and, more specifically, Boise.

I certainly don't speak for everyone, but I'd venture to say that the vast majority of Boise fans think highly of UNLV and the vast majority of it's fans. 

UNLV still represents a good win for Boise, even in their down years. There's respect there. 

i definitely know why we are getting it, and it's well deserved.

and yes, a win over unlv is still a good win, but some of the other fans on here (mostly from our puppy brothers up north) will never admit that, since they're on top at the moment. might not be a bad thing if you guys would take them down a notch this weekend, ok? :P

7 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

and yes, a win over unlv is still a good win, but some of the other fans on here (mostly from our puppy brothers up north) will never admit that, since they're on top at the moment. might not be a bad thing if you guys would take them down a notch this weekend, ok? :P

any win over UNLV is always notewothy, no matter how down they might be.

8 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I would love nothing more. I posted at the beginning of the season on the Boise board that this was the season that the Broncos needed to win the conference. Most of the power teams are down and Boise has a veteran team capable of doing it. It gets more difficult for Boise every year after this one.

Boise has had a small window with the MW being down. Reality, Boise being on top in football is good for the conference... Boise being on the top in basketball, isn't... but I'll take it every chance they can muster it.

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I would love nothing more. I posted at the beginning of the season on the Boise board that this was the season that the Broncos needed to win the conference. Most of the power teams are down and Boise has a veteran team capable of doing it. It gets more difficult for Boise every year after this one.

Boise has had a small window with the MW being down. Reality, Boise being on top in football is good for the conference... Boise being on the top in basketball, isn't... but I'll take it every chance they can muster it.

Boise is a power team now.

12 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

#NeverReno

22 hours ago, ph90702 said:

They will lose in the first game.  Competitive game s a pipe dream.  We lost to New Mexico who lost to UTEP.  That tells you all you need to know.  I’m only 27, and I realize that the past is the past.  Some of ya’ll are in you 50’s and haven’t woken up yet.  I got that going for me.

First off, youngster I'm not in in my 50s and not living in the past.  You maybe 27, but you got the reading comprehension of a 1st grader.  Nowhere in my initial post did I say anything remotely close to what you interpreted.  Tell you what...take some time away from this site.  Save up your paper route money and go buy yourself another brothel special.  You need to clear your head kid.

14 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Boise is a power team now.

Boise is a solid program, but they still haven't done much to make noise nationally. They have also benefitted from some of the top programs all being down at the same time. Rice does it the right way, with developing solid 4 year players. So it is sustainable, at least.

51 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Boise is a solid program, but they still haven't done much to make noise nationally. They have also benefitted from some of the top programs all being down at the same time. Rice does it the right way, with developing solid 4 year players. So it is sustainable, at least.

After seeing what Musselman has accomplished in the last few years, I'm not sure it's the only "right way".

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

After seeing what Musselman has accomplished in the last few years, I'm not sure it's the only "right way".

Agreed but I think it's possible that Muss could leave the place in tatters with his current approach. There could really be a lack of foundation and the program could need a drastic rebuild.  

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

I'm not suggesting that Muss's way is "wrong". He is an incredible coach. Iowa State has shown that you can build a contender relying on transfers. I'd also imagine that I would be giving too much credit to Leon if I were to say that 9 out of 10 ADs would hire Muss over Leon.

Having said that, there are pitfalls to that strategy. If Leon leaves this year, he will be leaving behind a roster that can not only compete next year but future years, as well. If Muss leaves it will likely be a UNLV type rebuild. Even if guys like Caroline and the Martins don't graduate transfer, the roster is bare after next year.