Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

New Mexico at UNLV

1 minute ago, nmlongbow said:

First road win of the season for UNM! I doubt we’ll get to .500 for the season but this win is easily the best so far.

that's what we do.. give the other teams something to feel good about.

13 minutes ago, NOTGREATBOB! said:

It would be hard for me to get to the point where I give up on Menzies in year two.... But going winless at home in conference would probably do it. As bad as they've been lately, he still has some rope to turn things around, at least for me. Then again I didn't give up on Rice until the ASU loss.... 

They won’t go winless at home in conference.  They have Air Force and San Jose State at home, and they beat both of them on the road.

42 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I don't feel so good. UNLV and UCSB are essentially two peas in a pod this year.  New Mexico, Cal Poly... a couple WTF results which shouldn't have happened.

9 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

so.. McCoy's T cost the rebs the game, that turned the tide, had a 9 point lead at that time, down to 5. that's the second time he's done that, i think he needs to sit a full game, maybe he'll figure it out.

Eventually there will be a year when rebel basketball is fun again. in the meantime i'll get a kick out of watching diong.

Armani Rodgers and the Raiders... Vegas is a football town. 

10 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

so.. McCoy's T cost the rebs the game, that turned the tide, had a 9 point lead at that time, down to 5. that's the second time he's done that, i think he needs to sit a full game, maybe he'll figure it out.

Eventually there will be a year when rebel basketball is fun again. in the meantime i'll get a kick out of watching diong.

Diong was FANTASTIC! I really enjoy watching him, Hardy and Beck. Diong plays with a ton of passion and you can tell that the team really feeds off of that.

Unreal implosion by the Rebels.  Let the Lobos finish the game on a 9-0 run.  Inexcusable.  FT shooting (19-30) and 3 pt shooting (2-13) cost the Rebels this one.  Long way to go for this team to be competitive in the MWT.  

24 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

Unreal implosion by the Rebels.  Let the Lobos finish the game on a 9-0 run.  Inexcusable.  FT shooting (19-30) and 3 pt shooting (2-13) cost the Rebels this one.  Long way to go for this team to be competitive in the MWT.  

They will lose in the first game.  Competitive game s a pipe dream.  We lost to New Mexico who lost to UTEP.  That tells you all you need to know.  I’m only 27, and I realize that the past is the past.  Some of ya’ll are in you 50’s and haven’t woken up yet.  I got that going for me.

12 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

'Member when you silly UNLV fans were talking about how you were noticeably better than Boise and kept posting this gif?

Image result for soon gif

Ahhhhh.  Good times.

Menzies will have you guys excited again and competing for the conference but it was silly to think you could go from last place to first in one season.

7 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Diong was FANTASTIC! I really enjoy watching him, Hardy and Beck. Diong plays with a ton of passion and you can tell that the team really feeds off of that.

He even LOOKS like he has so much fun playing. That's what I want to see more of.

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

'Member when you silly UNLV fans were talking about how you were noticeably better than Boise and kept posting this gif?

Image result for soon gif

Ahhhhh.  Good times.

Menzies will have you guys excited again and competing for the conference but it was silly to think you could go from last place to first in one season.

Always good to have a little fun, no? That's what I'm here for anyway...will Hutch be here next year? Probably not, so then I will definitely post another 'soon'...

In the meantime, I will wait til Menzies gets a couple of classes in here that don't includ desperation pick ups, and see what he can do. Just not impressed to this point, and don't have high hopes, especially with his defense, but he will get his shot.

So for now..

giphy.gif

I've said before Diong should be getting more playing time.  The 5 star player that couldn't defend his grandmother going to the basket needs to ride pine.  

Mooring frustrates me much like Blassingame used to kill me in Kruger's first year.  I can still see Blassingame dribble the ball off his knee into the stands.  Funny how some things stay with you.  It's time for Mooring to come off the bench.  He doesn't deserve to start.

This team reminds me so much of that killer B year.  Blankson, Blassingame, and Beck.