Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

Air Force VS CSU

Actually a big game for both teams. Air Force is playing better each week and CSU has not won at home in Mountain West Conference. Will be interesting to see how the matchup goes. I'm still in California after the passing of my father-in-law but will try to get the game on the web.  My dad will be there behind the bench cheering on the team. Go Falcons

AF looks at possible lineup change vs CSU and more http://gazette.com/air-force-notes-lineup-change-coming-for-mens-basketball-team-at-colorado-state/article/1619080

A look at AF via Star Wars ( interesting and fairly accurate assessment)

https://spark.adobe.com/page/qjuZrN9FzkttM/

..GO FALCONS..

That is true and I hope it is sooner than later beginning tonight. We are a much more physical team than we have been so it will be interesting.

If we can make some shots from outside then I think it will definitely be a ballgame. As poor as we have shot the three this year we are actually .03% better than CSU.  An interesting statistic even though CSU has played two more games than Air Force both teams have shot 395 from The Arc with Air Force making 129 and CSU making 128 for a AF 32.7% to CSU 32.4% difference. Obviously our goal will be to hold Jenkins and Nixon below their average from the arc 

..GO FALCONS..

16 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Not sure what the spread is here but I bet CSU covers it. I think AFA is going to have huge difficulties winning another conference road game this year.

RAMS -8, and I'm tempted to take that bet.

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

Congrats to Air Force. They deserved to win as they played harder that Larry's Misfits.

Larry was outcoached.  Period.

First win after 12 straight losses.   I said whoever shot better from the arc would win.  CSU totally denied the inside for 3/4th of the game so we shot and shot some more tying an AF record taking 39.   Wow, big win.

image.png

..GO FALCONS..

3 hours ago, KingBronco said:

Not sure what the spread is here but I bet CSU covers it. I think AFA is going to have huge difficulties winning another conference road game this year.

I'm a total idiot and will not discount the AFA again this year...and will stop thinking CSU is anything other than a wildly inconsistent, mediocre team as well.  Great win for the Zoomies!.

40 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

I'm a total idiot and will not discount the AFA again this year...and will stop thinking CSU is anything other than a wildly inconsistent, mediocre team as well.  Great win for the Zoomies!.

There's a reason I have been calling them SIdeshow Larry and the Misfits.

57 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Larry was outcoached.  Period.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Sideshow Larry has been running the CSU program into the ground and should have been fired two years ago.  His teams have become completely unwatchable from a fan perspective.  I dont enjoy it anymore.  My wife and I have already decided to not renew our season tickets that we've held for more that 15 years.  

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Sideshow Larry has been running the CSU program into the ground and should have been fired two years ago.  His teams have become completely unwatchable from a fan perspective.  I dont enjoy it anymore.  My wife and I have already decided to not renew our season tickets that we've held for more that 15 years.  

Swoll, he appears to have a plan.  Not one that I agree with, but a legitimate plan and that's my theory. 

He's not playing for an at large bid.  He already went that route, succeeded, and got snubbed.  Now, every game is just practice for the conference tourney.  Experimenting with different things, allowing the players to make teachable mistakes, the record be damned.  It's all about that one and only shot he has at going dancing.  I can understand that, but it leaves out the real intangibles that are needed to win the tourney.  Things like refusing to lose, didn't happen tonight.  Things like training yourself as a coach to make the personnel decisions to win, didn't happen tonight.  As just a fan and an outsider, it does appear that the games mean more to the players than the coach.  That's all well and good if they're not taking their cues from the coach.

The RAMS are practicing IMO.  I'll probably tune back in for the MWC tourney when LE decides to quit practicing and start playing for something.

2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Swoll, he appears to have a plan.  Not one that I agree with, but a legitimate plan and that's my theory. 

He's not playing for an at large bid.  He already went that route, succeeded, and got snubbed.  Now, every game is just practice for the conference tourney.  Experimenting with different things, allowing the players to make teachable mistakes, the record be damned.  It's all about that one and only shot he has at going dancing.  I can understand that, but it leaves out the real intangibles that are needed to win the tourney.  Things like refusing to lose, didn't happen tonight.  Things like training yourself as a coach to make the personnel decisions to win, didn't happen tonight.  As just a fan and an outsider, it does appear that the games mean more to the players than the coach.  That's all well and good if they're not taking their cues from the coach.

The RAMS are practicing IMO.  I'll probably tune back in for the MWC tourney when LE decides to quit practicing and start playing for something.

That's all fine and dandy. But next year will be the tipping point when a large number of season ticket holders bail.  

8 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

That's all fine and dandy. But next year will be the tipping point when a large number of season ticket holders bail.  

No, that's not all fine and dandy.  It's a strategy destined to fail, and folks don't buy tickets to watch practice.  LE's out of extensions, and he's just coaching out the string.  He knows that, so he's swinging for the seats at every fastball.  Huge fail.

I don't fault LE for trying to play the hand he's dealt from the NCAA, I fault him for doing it in the wrong manner. 

I don't do season tix for BB, just FB.  I usually do a mini-pack for BB.  I didn't this year.  I'll put that money towards better seats in the MPS.  Bobo is clearly struggling, but it's obvious that every game means more to him than it means to me.  I'd rather pay for that.