Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Jeff Flake speech regarding Trump

President Trump has been promising a "Fake News Awards" for today on exposing the most corrupt and biased mainstream news.

Jeff Flake basically says that is a threat to the American democracy, compares him to Stalin, gives examples of how this has inspired other world leaders to cover up atrocities.

John McCain made some similar statements this morning as well.

Awesome speech by Jeff Flake. It is about time a Republican called Trump out on his bullshit.  Sad it took someone who declared they were stepping out of politics to do it. 

Should have been done by McConnell or Ryan, but they don't care enough to speak the truth.

I'm sure Drumpf will dismiss it. 

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

1 hour ago, Boise fan said:

Awesome speech by Jeff Flake. It is about time a Republican called Trump out on his bullshit.  Sad it took someone who declared they were stepping out of politics to do it. 

Should have been done by McConnell or Ryan, but they don't care enough to speak the truth.

I'm sure Drumpf will dismiss it. 

Oh I see.  Did you happen to hear the media talking to Trump's doctor?  They seemed like they were colluding to not only try to get any negative info, but to introduce completely false and negative things regarding Trump's health.  Trump is dead on regarding the media.  About 80-90% of news media stories on Trump are negative, about 5% positive. Obama had about 42% negative media stories.  

When the media stops reporting and instead actively works to create a narrative they want you to believe, its not any better than a communist country using a state owned media outlet to only say what their told to say.  I end up getting most of my news from financial outlets because its much harder for them to fudge the numbers. 

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

Oh I see.  Did you happen to hear the media talking to Trump's doctor?  They seemed like they were colluding to not only try to get any negative info, but to introduce completely false and negative things regarding Trump's health.  Trump is dead on regarding the media.  About 80-90% of news media stories on Trump are negative, about 5% positive. Obama had about 42% negative media stories.  

When the media stops reporting and instead actively works to create a narrative they want you to believe, its not any better than a communist country using a state owned media outlet to only say what their told to say.  I end up getting most of my news from financial outlets because its much harder for them to fudge the numbers. 

Here are the actual study results.  http://www.businessinsider.com/study-trump-news-media-bias-negative-stories-2017-10

I think Poke is right on about yesterday. I watched the press conference with the doctor. He couldn't have been clearer about Trump's health and took questions for 50 minutes. It was incredible. He has been the WH doc for 12 years and is the only doc to completely evaluate his health. He is an expert. But look at how it was covered. 

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trumps-excellent-health-report-called-fake-news-late/story?id=52398094

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/16/trump-health-media-reaction-343095

18 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Here are the actual study results.  http://www.businessinsider.com/study-trump-news-media-bias-negative-stories-2017-10

I think Poke is right on about yesterday. I watched the press conference with the doctor. He couldn't have been clearer about Trump's health and took questions for 50 minutes. It was incredible. He has been the WH doc for 12 years and is the only doc to completely evaluate his health. He is an expert. But look at how it was covered. 

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trumps-excellent-health-report-called-fake-news-late/story?id=52398094

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/16/trump-health-media-reaction-343095

Jimmy Kimmel and Steve Colbert And the rest of the late night comedy shows are the press now?

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

Did you see Flake’s speech?  He made excellent points you could learn from.  Start there.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Jeff Flake is a cuck 

#maga

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

Jimmy Kimmel and Steve Colbert And the rest of the late night comedy shows are the press now?

They are in the media. Tons of people get their news from them and shows like the Daily Show. Kimmel and Colbert have made no secret they are using their platforms against Trump. So yeah they count. 

I noticed you didn't comment about the other article I posted. 

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

I noticed you didn't comment about the other article I posted. 

“It is called genetics, I don’t know,” Jackson said. “Some people have great genes. I told the president that if he had a healthier diet over the last 20 years, he might live to be 200 years old."

The doctor's own hyperbole (just like Trump's) is what got him into the mess of having dumb questions asked in the first place.  

So are these happening today?  Or did the Jeff Flake speech get through to Trump and he's no longer going to present the awards?

11 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

“It is called genetics, I don’t know,” Jackson said. “Some people have great genes. I told the president that if he had a healthier diet over the last 20 years, he might live to be 200 years old."

The doctor's own hyperbole (just like Trump's) is what got him into the mess of having dumb questions asked in the first place.  

So are these happening today?  Or did the Jeff Flake speech get through to Trump and he's no longer going to present the awards?

Ok. So over the last 2 weeks there wasn't hyperbole from the left about Trump's mental health? 

I hope they happen although politically it wouldn't be smart right now. I love how the media is now oppressed. They are so oppressed that they can attack Trump at any time and all he can say is they are fake news. Thats hardly Stalinesque. Frankly, Flake was absurd even comparing the two. Stalin had people killed for opposing him. Furthermore did we just forget that Obama had reporters wiretapped under his admin? That's far more egregious than anything Trump has ever done. But there wasn't this type of hysteria then. I wonder why? 

2 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Ok. So over the last 2 weeks there wasn't hyperbole from the left about Trump's mental health? 

I hope they happen although politically it wouldn't be smart right now. I love how the media is now oppressed. They are so oppressed that they can attack Trump at any time and all he can say is they are fake news. Thats hardly Stalinesque. Frankly, Flake was absurd even comparing the two. Stalin had people killed for opposing him. Furthermore did we just forget that Obama had reporters wiretapped under his admin? That's far more egregious than anything Trump has ever done. But there wasn't this type of hysteria then. I wonder why? 

They cognizance test Trump took was pretty simple and designed to show if Dementia is present. Most third graders would do well on it. What it doesn’t show is psychosis.