Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Wazzu QB commits suicide

12 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I lost somebody really close to me in June to suicide.  I encourage you all to contact your legislatures if you have a free 10 minutes or so and push for mental health spending and education.  

I've had some exposure to this on several levels as well. What someone may appear to have going for them from the outside is often not a consideration. Depression or other factors they're dealing with are a much bigger factor for those struggling with their situation. I agree with halfmanhalfbronco.....spend 10 minutes to advocate mental health spending and education. 

My Cousin's 13 year old daughter committed suicide last week, with a gun.  However, a month ago, she was going down the steps in the dark and tripped over the dog at the top of the stairs.  She hit her head so hard, she passed out and didn't wake up until the paramedics arrived.  Not three days later, her family was t-boned in their Jeep and she was sitting in the back passenger side.  Hit her head so hard against the glass, that she shattered it and again passed out.  The coroner is doing an autopsy and he thinks she had a TBI or CTE, especially in the area that controls impulses.  They were all having breakfast, she said she was going upstairs to finish getting ready for school and not two minutes later they heard the gun shot.  Some how she knew the combination to her Dad's gun safe, opened it up and shot herself right there.  No note or anything,

down in a hole.jpg

45 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

My Cousin's 13 year old daughter committed suicide last week, with a gun.  However, a month ago, she was going down the steps in the dark and tripped over the dog at the top of the stairs.  She hit her head so hard, she passed out and didn't wake up until the paramedics arrived.  Not three days later, her family was t-boned in their Jeep and she was sitting in the back passenger side.  Hit her head so hard against the glass, that she shattered it and again passed out.  The coroner is doing an autopsy and he thinks she had a TBI or CTE, especially in the area that controls impulses.  They were all having breakfast, she said she was going upstairs to finish getting ready for school and not two minutes later they heard the gun shot.  Some how she knew the combination to her Dad's gun safe, opened it up and shot herself right there.  No note or anything,

Oh man, that story is heartbreaking. We're so divided as a nation right now, that we often forget that at the end of the day, we're all still humans that hurt and need love. 

48 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

Thirteen years old. Dear God. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

The stigma attached to mental illness in this country is tragic. So many suicides are preventable. Truly depressing that a kid who seemed to have it all was in such a desperate state of mind. 

This came up here once before, but a girl I dated lost her husband to suicide. He had threatened to do so even as a child and apparently at several points during their marriage. She finally told him she wanted a divorce and he hung himself. They had three daughters together....guessing on the ages at the time, I think around 6,  12 and 14. The layers of grief, anger, and just anxiety in general that followed were incredible. I met her through a mutual friend about 6 months later and I had no idea what I was walking into. She was nowhere near ready to date someone, obviously, and those poor girls had all sorts of issues to sort out and likely will for the rest of their lives. This was on top of her dad taking his own life because of what he incorrectly self-diagnosed as terminal cancer, which turned out to be some very treatable disease. What a mess. 

I went to high school with his family.  His dad graduated three years ahead of me and his uncle was my classmate. When I heard the last name, I thought there was no way it could be the same family.  Such a devastating loss.

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif