Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Wazzu QB commits suicide

That’s terrible.  Prayers to his family and friends.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Very sad news.  Here is another article:  http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jan/16/washington-state-quarterback-tyler-hilinski-commit/

From the article his mom shared this story after the Boise State game:

Tyler Hilinski’s mother, Kym, was in attendance at Martin Stadium that night and recounted a special moment while later walking back to her Pullman hotel.

“We put our arms around each other, he’s my son, he’s still my baby,” Kym said in the days after the game. “We’re just talking and a couple times he said, ‘Mom, did that just happen?’ And I said, ‘I know Ty, you just have to enjoy this moment because not many people get a win in three overtimes.’ ”

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I lost somebody really close to me in June to suicide.  I encourage you all to contact your legislatures if you have a free 10 minutes or so and push for mental health spending and education.  

Going to legislature in the morning, will definitely bring it up, mental health has a big part of my heart.

The late teens and early 20's are a rough time for mental health.  Kids that age don't have the ability to control spontaneity that well.  They don't think before they act and peer pressure is so important.  Not to mention the mental illnesses that often appear during this period like schizophrenia, depression, and others.   Young people love to experiment and it is thought your first experience with Pot can be a precursor to mental health difficulties.

Your kids turn 15 you really have to watch them close even up to age 25.

It is a crime what we have done to stigmatize mental health care and its patients.

Terrible story. I wonder if CTE played a role as it has with so many other football players. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Are people trying to say that head injuries had anything to do with this? sad

It’s been proven scientifically several football players that harmed themselves or others had CTE. Not sure why advancing mental health through research into causes in order to prevent such things is so sad. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

It’s been proven scientifically several football players that harmed themselves or others had CTE. Not sure why advancing mental health through research into causes in order to prevent such things is so sad. 

So OJ is innocent due to CTE.  :BananaComputer:

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

So OJ is innocent due to CTE.  :BananaComputer:

CTE could've been a contributing factor to his insanity, but who knows. Lots of complex issues to sort through in these situations. The better we understand the mind and how it works, the more we will be able to prevent tragedies like this from occurring.