Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Las Vegas Sun Starting to Charge

10 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

They don't like my Ad Blocker so it's rare I even attempt to go there.  

I don’t like your ad blocker either :foottap:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 minutes ago, WilliamHicks said:

Adblockers suck. 

Adblockers are terrible.  I understand some sites have really intrusive ads and that’s why people use them but this site may have banner ads but none of them are intrusive.  It’s also why I offer ad free memberships to people. 

https://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/store/

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Adblockers are terrible.  I understand some sites have really intrusive ads and that’s why people use them but this site may have banner ads but none of them are intrusive.  It’s also why I offer ad free memberships to people.

https://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/store/

What is the best adblocker?

Can anybody link it please.

6 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

What is the best adblocker?

Can anybody link it please.

:foottap:

Usually, all you'd have to do is clear your cookies and you'd be good to go to view them again.  That should start the "10" articles limit again. That's what I usually do on the Fresno Bee when it says I need to subscribe to continue viewing because I've reached the limit. 

9 minutes ago, Sportzaddict said:

Usually, all you'd have to do is clear your cookies and you'd be good to go to view pages again.  That's what I usually do on the Fresno Bee when it says I need to subscribe to continue viewing because I've reached the limit. 

You can just use google chromes ingonito option if you really don’t want to pay for the content. I don’t mind paying for the paper here though

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

You get ten free articles per month.  Then, you have to start paying.

Since you've stopped paying the $8.95 per month for Rebel-Net, are you going to use that to subscribe to the LV Sun?

Are there more than 10 articles a month in the Sun worth reading?

8 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Since you've stopped paying the $8.95 per month for Rebel-Net, are you going to use that to subscribe to the LV Sun?

Are there more than 10 articles a month in the Sun worth reading?

I wasn’t a Rice Net user.  ?

This thread convinced me to turn off ad blocker for the site.

Anyhow, at least I have a phone and 2 computers, so that's 30 articles for me right away.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

12 hours ago, Sportzaddict said:

Usually, all you'd have to do is clear your cookies and you'd be good to go to view them again.  That should start the "10" articles limit again. That's what I usually do on the Fresno Bee when it says I need to subscribe to continue viewing because I've reached the limit. 

UNLV grads aren't smart enough to figure this out.

3 hours ago, Yellow Evan said:

Anyhow, at least I have a phone and 2 computers, so that's 30 articles for me right away.

As stated; just use an incognito browser.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

3 hours ago, Yellow Evan said:

:cheers:

17 hours ago, ph90702 said:

You get ten free articles per month.  Then, you have to start paying.

Just go incognito as already suggested.

That said, the print media continue to slowly die. The SD U-T, Riverside Press-Democrat, Daily Breeze and half a dozen other California papers owned by the same conglomerate are all about to have significant layoffs. But then the numbnutz in the Shit House, er White House, says they're all fake anyway.

Boom goes the dynamite.