Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dpc8302

New Hawaii Coaching Hires

UH had 4 coaches leave the program throughout the season

OL Coach Chris Naeole quit after the Wyoming game.

LB Coach Sean Duggan was not retained

DC Legi Suiaunoa left to be Oregon State's DL coach

WR Coach Kefense Hyson left to be Oregon States WR coach

In addition to the vacancies, UH also had to hire a 10th coach. The following are the new coaches:

DC: Corey Batoon - Co DC at FAU in 2017

LB Coach/Assistant Head Coach:  Mark Banker -  Nebraska DC in 2016

WR Coach:  Andre Allen - CC San Francisco OC/WR coach for last 13 years

DL Coach:  Ricky Logo - Colorado State DL coach in 2017

OL Coach:  Mark Weber - Fresno State OL coach in 2016

2 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

i don't care if he is average coach.i hope he can recruit.

Word is, he is a decent but not great recruiter.  I can neither confirm nor deny as I don't follow who recruited who all that close.  He is a good coach IMO.  He had very little to work with at CSU as far as talent that fit a 3-4 D-line, and had them at average type performance.  Our defense sucked, but it was always my opinion that most of the coaches were doing less with more.  Logo seemed to do more with less IMO.  I never met him, but I hear he's a great guy.  Best of luck to him.

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Word is, he is a decent but not great recruiter.  I can neither confirm nor deny as I don't follow who recruited who all that close.  He is a good coach IMO.  He had very little to work with at CSU as far as talent that fit a 3-4 D-line, and had them at average type performance.  Our defense sucked, but it was always my opinion that most of the coaches were doing less with more.  Logo seemed to do more with less IMO.  I never met him, but I hear he's a great guy.  Best of luck to him.

mahalo.

Logo is a good guy no doubt and apparently a good coach. He’s probably 5’8”, 300lbs and walks with a noticeable limp. He honestly looks like he needs a wheelchair. I don’t think he’s physically healthy enough to coach anymore.

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

4 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Texan I believe.

According to the Star-Advertiser, which has been wrong on numerous occasions, he was born in American Samoa

His Houston coaching profile has his hometown as Santa Ana, California

He went to high school in Georgia

He played college ball at NC State

I don't see anything about him being a Texan other than a 3 year stint in Houston prior to moving on to CSU.  All of the other schools he coached at were in the Southeast and the Carolinas. 

2 minutes ago, dpc8302 said:

According to the Star-Advertiser, which has been wrong on numerous occasions, he was born in American Samoa

His Houston coaching profile has his hometown as Santa Ana, California

He went to high school in Georgia

He played college ball at NC State

I don't see anything about him being a Texan other than a 3 year stint in Houston prior to moving on to CSU.  All of the other schools he coached at were in the Southeast and the Carolinas. 

Thanks.

It was a joke.

17 hours ago, kalua pig said:

i don't care if he is average coach.i hope he can recruit.

I dont think he was a particularly strong recruiter while at CSU.  I think he did better when he was at Houston.