Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

RealRPI Predictions

I was looking on the website at something and saw they have project finishes which they are of course always changing but thought would post this as they are seeing it today the final MWC Standings:

1. Boise St.............15-3.......24-5

2. Nevada..............14-4.......25-7

3. San Diego St.....13-5.......20-8

4. Fresno St............11-7.......19-10

5. UNLV................9-9...........20-11

6. Utah St.............9-9...........15-15

7. Wyoming..........8-10...........16-14

8. Colorado st......8-10.........14-16

9. New Mexico.....7-11..........11-19

10. Air Force........3-15..........7-21

11. San Jose st....1-17...........3-25

I just can't see a team as dependent on one player as Boise winning the LV Invitational.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not predicting it will be UNR or SDSU. Under Terry, Fresno is fully capable of going one and out or winning it all. Heck, even UNLV could win it.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, IanforHeisman said:

Actually, not being dependent on one player is the reason Boise is playing so well this year. It just happened to be one game where he took over. 

Yeah, his comment is based on the one time Boise played his team. 

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Guilty as charged

True, but in a game against one of the upper tier MWC teams, his performance was critical.

While the Boise State team may have more balance than showcased against SDSU, having one player that head-and-shoulders talent-wise above the rest of his teammates probably won't play out the best come tournament time.

Hutchison was out of his mind Saturday hitting >71% of his shots. However, in two games against SDSU last year, he went 9-29 (31%).

Come February 27, will he shoot even 51% at Viejas Arena?

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, SparkysDad said:

True, but in a game against one of the upper tier MWC teams, his performance was critical.

While the Boise State team may have more balance than showcased against SDSU, having one player that head-and-shoulders talent-wise above the rest of his teammates probably won't play out the best come tournament time.

That very well could be true. However, if that same player has the capability to carry his team single-handedly against anyone else in the conference it could also be a good thing come tournament time. 

As a Fresno fan I a hoping for the 4 or 5 spot. Really need to avoid playing that extra game in tourney. Also I highly doubt Fresno can get any higher than #4 (Nev/BSU/SDSU seem to be a bit above the other schools). I could see Fresno winning 3 games in 3 days but I don't see them, over an 18 game sch, finishing with a better record than any of those three schools.  

26 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

That very well could be true. However, if that same player has the capability to carry his team single-handedly against anyone else in the conference it could also be a good thing come tournament time. 

Just hope he only needs to do it in one game, preferably the championship!  Tough to perform at that level consistently, especially if opposing coaches focus their defensive efforts on not letting Hutchinson beat them.

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Hutchison was out of his mind Saturday hitting >71% of his shots. However, in two games against SDSU last year, he went 9-29 (31%).

Hutch wasn't even the teams leading scorer going into conference play. 

It's likely that the leagues probable 6th man of the year won't have 0 points either. 

Hutch is the best player, but this is the most balanced scoring team Leon has had at Boise. 

1 hour ago, thedude15 said:

As a Fresno fan I a hoping for the 4 or 5 spot. Really need to avoid playing that extra game in tourney. Also I highly doubt Fresno can get any higher than #4 (Nev/BSU/SDSU seem to be a bit above the other schools). I could see Fresno winning 3 games in 3 days but I don't see them, over an 18 game sch, finishing with a better record than any of those three schools.  

I agree, and the battle for the 4/5 spots from here out is huge... and I see it as a 6 horse race that will be dependent on winning home games and picking up one or two on the road:

+1 road win / -1 home loss standings

+1 CSU

0 UNLV

0 UNM

0 USU

-1 FS

-1 Wyo

17 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Dakari Allen.

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.