Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

Vikings Win in Improbable Fashion!

3 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Thank god for Saints rookie safety Marcus Williams collosally bad tackle attempt or this would be yet another devastating playoff loss for the Vikings.

Not only did he whiff, he took out Crawley also.  I think Crawley would have been able to tackle Diggs after the catch while he was still off balance. 

As a life long VIkings fan I've suffered through many disappointing playoff losses but this was setting up to be perhaps the worst ever.  Blowing a 17-0 lead and managing only 2 FG's in the second half.  The Vikings used up every bit of luck they have on this one play to keep the championship hopes alive.

6 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

As a life long VIkings fan I've suffered through many disappointing playoff losses but this was setting up to be perhaps the worst ever.  Blowing a 17-0 lead and managing only 2 FG's in the second half.  The Vikings used up every bit of luck they have on this one play to keep the championship hopes alive.

I wasn't going to give up believing until the final whistle. It's been 37 years since Ahmad Rashad caught that pass against Cleveland, this made me feel like a kid again. Yes a lot of heartache through the years but I bleed Purple & Gold. 

42 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Thank god for Saints rookie safety Marcus Williams collosally bad tackle attempt or this would be yet another devastating playoff loss for the Vikings.

Improbable is an understatement.  I was rooting for the Vikings but assumed they blew the game.  I’d really hate to be a Saints fan right now.  Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

One of the best NFL games of recent memory.  I didn’t care who one but this was a great game. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, Lester_in_reno said:

he was having a great rookie season.

Hes a Utah Ute.

Until this......bad moment

-0cfac8387d878025.JPG

That is why we were taught to keep our head up and hit with your facemask.

Not only did he wiff on the tackle because of poor form, he could have had his neck broken putting his head down like that.

On a different note, when anyone tells you to quit because a game or something else is out of reach.  This should be a prime example of what fighting to the end can accomplish.

It's plays like this that keep teams trying until the very end. They're super rare, but they can't happen if they aren't attempted. Glad to see Keenum having some success. It's great to see the Vikings getting this far again.

Diggs seemed to be digging himself a little too much with the press after the play. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

That is why we were taught to keep our head up and hit with your facemask.

Not only did he wiff on the tackle because of poor form, he could have had his neck broken putting his head down like that.

On a different note, when anyone tells you to quit because a game or something else is out of reach.  This should be a prime example of what fighting to the end can accomplish.

Great analysis.  Tackling 101.