Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

utenation

Final Report Card FBS USA Today

46 minutes ago, utenation said:

Think a B+ is too low? Curious how you think they are graded like a power school?

10-3 record with all 3 losses to 10+ win teams would put majority of G5 schools in the A range. USF at 10-2 only two losses to the only undefeated team in the CFP era. If most G5’s had seasons like this they would be in the A range. My point is you can tell which G5’s are garnering borderline P5 expectations externally. 

50 minutes ago, utenation said:

Think a B+ is too low? Curious how you think they are graded like a power school?

Another way to infer my point is Fresno’s grade. They finished with 4 losses, including UNLV, but got an A+ because they came in with low expectations.

33 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Regardless the Zoobs got an F and we’re all pretty sure that’s why you posted this even though it’s already in another thread. 

You're sure huh? I wouldn't be so sure.. Because if I were taking a shot at BYU, I wouldn't try to tip toe around it.. I would just come out and blast them..

And I didn't see it in the other thread.. Just trying to get some conversation going for the end of the season..

1 hour ago, AztecSU said:

They grade SDSU like a power school. Same with USF. You can see expectations weighing heavily on the rating, not just results.

You might be my favorite poster on the board. Pure entertainment. I really hope at some point suds actually accomplishes something to crow about.  Reading posts from suds fans like you will be priceless. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

16 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

You might be my favorite poster on the board. Pure entertainment. I really hope at some point suds actually accomplishes something to crow about.  Reading posts from suds fans like you will be priceless. 

So when you looked thru the grades you didn’t think they were based more on expectations than outcomes? 

4 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

So when you looked thru the grades you didn’t think they were based more on expectations than outcomes? 

Of course they are graded based on expectations. fresno got that grade because they won one fuucking game last year. Has nothing to do with anybody thinking suds is a "power school". 

35 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

"Something"? SDSU has accomplished more in basketball during the life of the MWC than any other current or former member of the conference and it's not even close. Not that I think it's any great accomplishment but last I heard, we're also tied with UNM for most overall titles in this woebegone conference. And to the extent it matters, since the Big 3 left, we have the moved up to second behind CSU in academics, a subject you guys from Big Rig U know little about.

Boom goes the dynamite.

10-3 record with all 3 losses to 10+ win teams would put majority of G5 schools in the A range. USF at 10-2 only two losses to the only undefeated team in the CFP era. If most G5’s had seasons like this they would be in the A range. My point is you can tell which G5’s are garnering borderline P5 expectations externally. 

Another way to infer my point is Fresno’s grade. They finished with 4 losses, including UNLV, but got an A+ because they came in with low expectations.

Grading takes into account how you were supposed to do compared to how you did.

Fresno St was preseason projected to go 2-10.  They exceeded that by 8 wins, so that earns them an A+.

UNLV was projected to go 5-7 and they did.  That is a C.

SDSU was projected to go 8-4 regular season, and they finished 10-3.  Calling that a B+ doesn't mean they are being treated like a power team.  Akron also exceeded their projection by 2 wins and got a B+

10 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

"Something"? SDSU has accomplished more in basketball during the life of the MWC than any other current or former member of the conference and it's not even close. Not that I think it's any great accomplishment but last I heard, we're also tied with UNM for most overall titles in this woebegone conference. And to the extent it matters, since the Big 3 left, we have the moved up to second behind CSU in academics, a subject you guys from Big Rig U know little about.

Keep up bubba. We're talking football. 

Lol, you guys are so easy. That envy drip keeps me laughing. Only Boise FB has been better than us chokers in the new MW. And overall we are blowing you chumps out of the water. No one used to care what aztecs said. Now we are the new borg.

boo!

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Not even close? I would argue Nevada’s in the neighborhood. 

49 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Not even close? I would argue Nevada’s in the neighborhood. 

The last couple years, yes, but what about over the last decade or even during your entire time in the MWC?

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Yeah, but what about Women's Gymnastics, huh?