Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Victor Maitlin

Playoff Ratings Up

Now, I thought they'd take a slight dip just because of regionalism, and I was wrong even about that.  But for those thinking that the G5 fanbases are influencing this thing at all, you're highly mistaken.  As are those who think there's any desire on the part of the average college football fans to see auto bids for all G5 champs.  Best of the best G5 taking a shot?  Sure.  Another round that included Ohio State, Wisconsin and USC?  Sure.  But nobody is boycotting this thing because a three loss Troy team isn't being included.

College Football Playoff National Championship Delivers Massive 16.7 Overnight, Up 9% Year-Over-Year

Three-Game College Football Playoff Drives Ratings: Up 18% Year-Over-Year 

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/01/epic-college-football-playoff-national-championship-delivers-massive-16-7-overnight-9-year-year/

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

1 hour ago, Victor Maitlin said:

Now, I thought they'd take a slight dip just because of regionalism, and I was wrong even about that.  But for those thinking that the G5 fanbases are influencing this thing at all, you're highly mistaken.  As are those who think there's any desire on the part of the average college football fans to see auto bids for all G5 champs.  Best of the best G5 taking a shot?  Sure.  Another round that included Ohio State, Wisconsin and USC?  Sure.  But nobody is boycotting this thing because a three loss Troy team isn't being included.

College Football Playoff National Championship Delivers Massive 16.7 Overnight, Up 9% Year-Over-Year

Three-Game College Football Playoff Drives Ratings: Up 18% Year-Over-Year 

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/01/epic-college-football-playoff-national-championship-delivers-massive-16-7-overnight-9-year-year/

This does not hurt the cause, it helps.  It needs to be successful and generate money.  That is what pushes for more games etc.  it is not the other way around.  This is good news. 

4 hours ago, alum93 said:

So much for BiG fans boycotting...  

I think B1G alums have lives outside of the foosball, and the fans of cfb in general among them tuned in despite no Big Ten team in the playoff. The SEC is a different animal though. Outside of Vandy, Florida and maybe UGA, football is all those universities have.  It'll be interesting to see what happens if the SEC gets left out one day. I think there would be some organized boycott, and those necks really would make a point of not watching. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

SEC fans would go crazy if it were 2 BiG teams let in and they were kept out.  I could see a Ohio State and Penn State/Wisconsin/Michigan combo pulling it off.   I don't see the P12, B12, or ACC having that kind of pull.  Texas not being Texas has really hurt the B12.  P12 needs UCLA, USC, Washington to all dominate in same year.  And then where the reputations are really made are the playoffs of course, and top P5 bowl games.  P12 was just bad this season.  BiG had a great bowl season.  SEC won the biggest prize of all, especially placing both teams in championship game.  Too bad Oklahoma got too conservative as they had the perfect offense to counter Alabama.

All FBS conferences are making more money from the postseason than they ever have.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21996724/cfp-committee-unanimously-opposed-expanding-4-teams-now

"Each time there's been a change, it's been for the better," said Sun Belt commissioner Karl Benson. "With all due respect to UCF, if we didn't have the system we have today, would they be playing in the Peach Bowl last week?"

"I have a lot of confidence and trust in the selection committee who are watching all the games, they are scrubbing all the records, and for me, in their view, it wasn't even close if they were 12," said Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott. "So I don't really think it's going to be a topic of conversation."

"I'm not there yet," said American Athletic commissioner Mike Aresco, who has been vocal in his support of UCF, which is the only undefeated team left in the country and finished No. 12 in the selection committee's final ranking. "I am open to the notion, but I'm not campaigning for it. The last thing I want to do is give anyone the impression I'm campaigning to expand it, because I'm not. I'm happy with the four."