Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Yep, that tax cut sure was for the middle class....

37 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The tax bill was sold to the American people that those actions would stop, not continue. That there would be reinvestment into businesses that would create more jobs. 

The tax bill was sold saying that all business would stop making business decisions that were best for business?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

17 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

You can't back that up... LOL!  Stop with the partisan blinders already.

Partisan? What party are you talking about? 

That being said, the cost savings from laying people off helped to offset the bonuses that were given. AT&T gave out $1,000 bonuses to 200,000 employees, at a cost of $200M. They turned around and laid off 700 cable installers, who make an average of $70-80k/yr, for a savings of $52.5M. They also laid off an additional 217 employees who make an average of $36/hr (or around $75k/yr), for a savings of about $16M. They also announced cutbacks at their facilities in Dallas, El Paso, and Kansas City, for an estimated $30M in savings. All told, they gave out $1,000 in bonuses, but they cut nearly $100M in salary. So, that $200M in bonuses was offset in $100M in layoffs.

48 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Oh yes, relatively small bonuses in the grand scheme of things... which were largely offset by layoffs. 

The benefits of the new tax bill aren't even being felt yet.  The first payroll in 2018 for 99% of us isn't until next week.  Patience grasshopper

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The benefits of the new tax bill aren't even being felt yet.  The first payroll in 2018 for 99% of us isn't until next week.  Patience grasshopper

I love how you refused to address the fact that AT&T's bonuses were offset by layoffs. 

I'll get my first check on Friday, so we'll see how this all turns out for me.

Just now, retrofade said:

I love how you refused to address the fact that AT&T's bonuses were offset by layoffs. 

Something with cause and effect is getting lost in your logic.

The tax bill had nothing to do with AT&Ts layoffs.  They would have happened anyway.  Perhaps they're smaller because of the tax bill, who the F knows!

The tax bill gave a 100% tax decrease to 6% of the population.  45% of the population already didn't pay any income tax.  So now we are up to 51% of the country not paying any federal income tax a 13% increase.

Furthermore everyone who files the short form and doesn't itemize had their basic deduction doubled and their child deduction doubled.  Since almost 70% of the country does not itemize that is a huge tax cut for everyone of those folks.  https://taxfoundation.org/who-itemizes-deductions/

Yet total partisan morons who if they had one sense of honesty would love this tax cut bill.   Act like it is a tax cut for the rich only.   The hypocrisy and outright ignorance is astounding.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

That being said, the cost savings from laying people off helped to offset the bonuses that were given. AT&T gave out $1,000 bonuses to 200,000 employees, at a cost of $200M. They turned around and laid off 700 cable installers, who make an average of $70-80k/yr, for a savings of $52.5M. They also laid off an additional 217 employees who make an average of $36/hr (or around $75k/yr), for a savings of about $16M. They also announced cutbacks at their facilities in Dallas, El Paso, and Kansas City, for an estimated $30M in savings. All told, they gave out $1,000 in bonuses, but they cut nearly $100M in salary. So, that $200M in bonuses was offset in $100M in layoffs.

I anxiously await massive layoffs BECAUSE of the tax reform...  LOL!

v0icAvfW.jpg

39 minutes ago, nashvillepoke said:

My tax liability will drop around 3% for the coming year getting my money back in my pocket is always a good thing.   Now to gain back the 150% increase in insurance premiums since the ACA was passed.

150%???  I wish...  Mine went up more than that.

v0icAvfW.jpg

5 hours ago, retrofade said:

Nearly every business reduces head count and becomes more efficient.  The opposite is true with government, there it seems the goal is to become more inefficient and increase head count.

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

That's it, i haven't heard squat, I'm going to go into work tomorrow and demand my Trump bonus.

I’m going to try the same thing.  

True story.  In 2008 I worked in a call center for a bank.  The day after the election a lady called up asking where her money was. I was confused and asked where the deposit was coming from.  She responded she was expecting a deposit into her account from some “Obama money”.   I told her to check back in a few days to see if it had come through. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 hours ago, mugtang said:

I’m going to try the same thing.  

True story.  In 2008 I worked in a call center for a bank.  The day after the election a lady called up asking where her money was. I was confused and asked where the deposit was coming from.  She responded she was expecting a deposit into her account from some “Obama money”.   I told her to check back in a few days to see if it had come through. 

Dang, she wanted straight up cash and all she got was a measly phone!

v0icAvfW.jpg

14 hours ago, retrofade said:

I think those layoffs had to do more with the cable TV dying a slow miserable death , rather than evil rich businessmen trying to save a a few bucks.