Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

CSU:  One-Down…Five-to-Go

7 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

¿How do we make a 2-win jump breaking in a NEW QB, lots o' turn over on the O-Line & losing Gallop?

My 7-win forecast assumes only modest gains on D.  I really hope I can revise my estimate up w/greater strides made on D in the spring & the confirmation PW will be on the 2018 roster.

Because the new QB was good enough to win the job as a freshman, two years ago.  O line has plenty of returnees

11 hours ago, Headbutt said:

9-3 is the minimum.  I'm thinking 10-2, and it's not because of the new DC although I am happy that he's getting the toolbox.

Sorry, but I feel like this is crazy. Until Bobo shows me that he can win important, close games, I am going with the 7-6,6-7 group.

Who do you think we lose to? I can't predict a win over CU, BSU, Arkansas, Florida. I think we'll likely lose all four of those and then will probably drop AFA (as usual) and the bowl game.

That's my thinking. Believe me, if your prediction comes true I will be ecstatic.

14 hours ago, Castle Ram said:

CSU wins 8+ games in 2018

I think 8 wins will be the max depending on the bowl matchup. Learning curve for players under the new Ansley expectations (should be the same two-gap 3-4 that ME tried to run), but the offense shouldn't see too much of a setback. 

CSU probably goes into MW play 1-3 or, maybe depending on what CU returns and what refs are calling the game, 2-2.

6 hours ago, HylianHero said:

Sorry, but I feel like this is crazy. Until Bobo shows me that he can win important, close games, I am going with the 7-6,6-7 group.

Who do you think we lose to? I can't predict a win over CU, BSU, Arkansas, Florida. I think we'll likely lose all four of those and then will probably drop AFA (as usual) and the bowl game.

That's my thinking. Believe me, if your prediction comes true I will be ecstatic.

Maybe, but I've got reason to be positive.  CSU will be a better team next year, I have no doubt about that.  I expect the O to be about the same.  Yeah we lose some, but it's been well recruited for a few years.  We'll be fine there.  I feel like we'd be improved on D if ME had returned, just due to the youth and depth growing up.  We have the bodies to put a real D-line on the field, and a new aggressive attitude should see us become an average MWC defense.  With the Bobo O, we just need average for now.

I can't predict a win over CU, BSU, Arkansas or Florida either.  I also won't predict a loss to any of those.  Florida is verye likely, beyond that I'll save predictions for summer.  AFA?  I think we'll probably take that one.  CSU hasn't had a defensive coordinator that had experience against high level offenses ever, but you could count Sonny as DC if you wanted.  We're better next year, we were 7-6 the last two years.  Better means more wins, less close losses.

24 minutes ago, AKram said:

Maybe not so fast on Ansley to CSU? Great timing right before recruiting opens on the 12th. Have to see how this plays out.

Another coach takes advantage of Bobo's inexperience in hiring coaches. First the one from FSU now Bama.

8 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Another coach takes advantage of Bobo's inexperience in hiring coaches. First the one from FSU now Bama.

I don't know that Kelley was really a serious candidate. But this takes G5 stepping stone to an entirely new level if Ansley does go to the Raiders. And if he does head over to the Raiders, a live look in on Bobo's office...

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

CDA will NOT be the DC at CSU.  He's going to the LV Raiders:

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Mixed blessing. One: sucks that we lost a DC and still don't have a d-staff a day before recruiting opens. But, two: That Ansley was even willing to commit to CSU speaks to the trajectory that the football team is moving on. We "had" a DC that the NFL wanted. This is something that usually happens to the P5 and the occasional Boise or higher G5. Sure it sucks, and Bobo is either going bonkers or he's already spoken with his backup (I figure Ansley was a professional--by all accounts out of 'Bama he is--and told Bobo that this might happen) and his backup DC is going to be announced here quickly.

To me speaks well of the direction of the CSU program, even if people don't like Bobo. 

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

Read that earlier and not really keen on any of those options. 

Edit: Bobo knows his future at CSU is directly tied to his defense which he is letting the new DC shape in their own image. It's almost as though Bobo is admitting, not outright or publicly, that he really has no clue on the defensive side of the ball. The three mentioned (Vance Bedford, Tyson Summers, and Van Malone) don't really swing the needle for recruits like Ansley would have and Bobo needs to field a monster defense or he's gone. 

None down and 6 to go?

Per FootballScoop:

Tennessee: Sources tell us Colorado State tight ends coach Joe Cox interviewed a few days ago and Memphis receivers coach David Johnson interviewed yesterday with Jeremy Pruitt. We hear a hire is expected soon. Will update…

Now I'm beginning to question whether it is Bobo that no one wants to work for.