Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

CSU:  One-Down…Five-to-Go

17 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I would love it.  You guys excited about a 27yr old running your defense?  That would be one helluva roll of the dice.

edit =>  Derrick Ansley is much better.  Congrats

I agree on Ansley being much better. I was just noting that the rumor mill was churning out names and that they couldn't be confirmed by me, but that they existed. I have no idea why a CSU Reddit folk would want Schumann or even open that topic.

I'll be honest. I optimistic about the Ansley hire. He's young. He's had nothing but praises heaped upon him by Saban and he's done nothing but get promoted in his short coaching history. Folks over in 'Bama country say great things about him as a coach, a person, and about his recruiting and that can only help CSU get better.

It's still going to be a year of learning and growth so I don't expect a monstrous 180 in our defensive gameplay but even small steps forward will be huge leaps when compared with the Marty English debacle... er... tenure. Bobo has said he was looking for a coach familiar and willing to work with the 3-4 (something I really don't think English did) and 'Bama runs a base two-gap 3-4, so familiarity achieved. 

Pumped about the OC and DC hires. I'm not going to pretend to know enough about either to predict if they'll succeed or not, but their profiles fit exactly what we need with Bobo as HC.

Our coaching staff finally makes sense now, with a ton of money going towards an up-and-comer on the defensive side of the ball, instead of $500k going towards an offensive assistant.

10 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

Pumped about the OC and DC hires. I'm not going to pretend to know enough about either to predict if they'll succeed or not, but their profiles fit exactly what we need with Bobo as HC.

Our coaching staff finally makes sense now, with a ton of money going towards an up-and-comer on the defensive side of the ball, instead of $500k going towards an offensive assistant.

Has an OC been named yet?

Our NEW DC mic'd at a K'tuck practice:

CDA on coaching while at K'tuck:

Just now, Rampage said:

I think the new OC is Bobo.

That's what I figured along w/Passing & Running Coords yet to be promoted/named.  I just hadn't heard anything official yet.  Has anything been announced?

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Probably where the $$ for Ansley comes from.

You are 100% correct.  We paid our last OC $500k/yr to coach our OL

The Asst $$$ pool was raised slightly for 2018, however a bunch of $$$ was swapped from O to D this-yr.

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I think the new OC is Bobo.

I think we'll see Co-OC's named.  I'll guess Dave Johnson and Joe Cox with Alvis Whitted a bit of a long shot instead of Cox

1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I think we'll see Co-OC's named.  I'll guess Dave Johnson and Joe Cox with Alvis Whitted a bit of a long shot instead of Cox

Won't we have to throw a bunch o' $$$ at CAW (WR) so he doesn't get poached???

3 hours ago, AKram said:

I agree on Ansley being much better. I was just noting that the rumor mill was churning out names and that they couldn't be confirmed by me, but that they existed. I have no idea why a CSU Reddit folk would want Schumann or even open that topic.

I'll be honest. I optimistic about the Ansley hire. He's young. He's had nothing but praises heaped upon him by Saban and he's done nothing but get promoted in his short coaching history. Folks over in 'Bama country say great things about him as a coach, a person, and about his recruiting and that can only help CSU get better.

It's still going to be a year of learning and growth so I don't expect a monstrous 180 in our defensive gameplay but even small steps forward will be huge leaps when compared with the Marty English debacle... er... tenure. Bobo has said he was looking for a coach familiar and willing to work with the 3-4 (something I really don't think English did) and 'Bama runs a base two-gap 3-4, so familiarity achieved. 

Actually ME moved us back to the 3-4 after the departure of Summers, it's what he knew best.  The problem with the 3-4 under ME was that rarely strayed from an even front (more like a 4-3) and therefore didn't really use the buck to it's fullest potential.  A lot of that was injury, but it still needs refreshed at CSU.

7 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Actually ME moved us back to the 3-4 after the departure of Summers, it's what he knew best.  The problem with the 3-4 under ME was that rarely strayed from an even front (more like a 4-3) and therefore didn't really use the buck to it's fullest potential.  A lot of that was injury, but it still needs refreshed at CSU.

Huh, I thought that the 3-4 was Bobo's desire and ME was just a foot soldier following orders. If that's what English knew best, good god! Our defense was worse than I ever imagined.

8 minutes ago, AKram said:

Huh, I thought that the 3-4 was Bobo's desire and ME was just a foot soldier following orders. If that's what English knew best, good god! Our defense was worse than I ever imagined.

Yep.  Nuff said.

1 minute ago, Castle Ram said:

Most in ramnation have been predicting 5-6 wins.  8 wins in 2018 is my call

I'm hoping to see a much improved D, but until I see that, I'll have to go with our 4th consecutive 7-6 season (capped by a bowl game loss).

You do realize we open w/a 12-Pack & 2-SEC OoC games ¿No?

43 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

9-3 is the minimum.  I'm thinking 10-2, and it's not because of the new DC although I am happy that he's getting the toolbox.

¿How do we make a 2-win jump breaking in a NEW QB, lots o' turn over on the O-Line & losing Gallop?

My 7-win forecast assumes only modest gains on D.  I really hope I can revise my estimate up w/greater strides made on D in the spring & the confirmation PW will be on the 2018 roster.