Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Tulane selling 1998 National Championship Shirts

Just now, Jeffkills said:

We wouldn't be caught dead doing something so terribly bush league and embarrassing.

I understand that UCF's never been there before, but act like you have...  

My God...

except they have...when they beat Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl.

My God...try marketing your conference for once.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

compared to Judy MacLeod and Craig Thompson...Aresco looks like a marketing wiz (let us not forget we're about to renegotiate with ESPN...Aresco doesn't want to anger our overlords too much)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

3 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

Tulane has a wonderful new stadium and I can't wait to visit it again this upcoming season!

Tulane_3.jpg

Let's see if when the time comes you say the same about SDSU's new stadium since it's going to be about equally cozy.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Let's see if when the time comes you say the same about SDSU's new stadium since it's going to be about equally cozy.

couple of big differences there...

1) it won't be owned by SDSU nor will it be on campus

2) Tulane averaged 21k at the Super Dome so that stadium is the proper size for them

mem skyline sig.jpeg

3 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

except they have...when they beat Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl.

My God...try marketing your conference for once.

Claiming a national championship like that is akin to the types pretend magical games that 3-5 year old's play..

UCF is even paying bonuses for imaginary incentives being met to coaches who are no longer there!!  That's called fu/cking retarded right there!  It's also funny to think how the individual I think it must be a fiduciary duty breach for effectuating the compensation predicated on the contract - ought to be sued.

But seriously, really, it's just flat out embarrassing..  They're embarrassing ALL us unwashed G5 - because my god, I watched the highlights after the fact, and turns out UCF won that game by an entire touchdown!!!!!  OMFG!! Ring the alarm!!!!   I saw the posts on Bronco County and I thought they won by like 35...

If BSU ever did something so gay, I'd immediately be harassing Kustra for allowing such a small fry display...  And Christ, UCF is just an okay team... 

You see, when you have a big dick, you don't throw a million-man gay sparkler parade...  Nah, you just handle your business and act like your used to winning...

Seriously, it'd be like if we stormed the Blue after beating AFA...

I mean honestly, who hear really thinks that not only TCU in '10, and the year the won the Rose, Utah when they beat bama, and hell maybe Pitt also, but like, at least 7 BSU teams from the last 15 years, would all rape 2017 UCF..

New-Signature.jpg

14 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

blah, blah, blah, blah...

maybe one day the MWC will figure out how to market itself as a conference....but today is apparently not that day.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

You see, when you have a big dick, you don't throw a million-man gay sparkler parade...

did they give you a date and time for this celebration? I just might have to attend...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

5 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

maybe one day the MWC will figure out how to market itself as a conference....but today is apparently not that day.

Our #2 should always play the AAC #2 in a bowl, so we could push AAC poop in every year....

...and don't forget BSU is still the G5 Daddy, and we always will be...

I wonder what Daniel Tosh thinks about his alma mater claiming a natty?  He's probably disgusted..

New-Signature.jpg

3 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

We wouldn't be caught dead doing something so terribly bush-league and embarrassing.

I understand that UCF's never been there before, but act like you have...  

My God...

500px-Bronco_Stadium_Blue_Turf_August_20

In the end it just doesn't matter because my university will get whatever it wants and be on the inside on any incarnation of whatever conference it chooses and whatever incarnation of the NCAA or BCS that arises. Our ego only got bigger with the Pac-10, SEC and Big 10 trying to get us to join their conference.

Look, why don't you just be quiet before my university buys yours and closes it just for spite?

2 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

couple of big differences there...

1) it won't be owned by SDSU nor will it be on campus

2) Tulane averaged 21k at the Super Dome so that stadium is the proper size for them

You're obviously not very informed. My understanding is Tulane's stadium holds 30K. If the Soccer City initiative is approved, now that SDSU is opposed to that project, it could hold as few as 23K fans and there's no way SDSU will play there very long. If that initiative is not approved, and the chances of approval are at best 50/50, SDSU will purchase the great majority of the Qualcomm site and build its own stadium which will still seat only about 33K-35K initially and WILL be on campus as part of the West Campus project.

Listening to the Aresco interview, he clearly isn't as clueless about the P6 bullshit as are you and your peers. But just keep on throwing in your lot with Tulane and its lovechild, UCF. If, after the CFP expands to 8, your conference gains an automatic berth, I'll absolutely admit I was incorrect on this. However, I can say that with great assurance it will not be happening and that Memphis' best hope is not to count on the AAC but to gain membership in a realigned B12.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Yulman stadium has 28,000 seats with roughly 2k in SRO areas...moreover, I don't care where SDSU plays as It's not our problem.

listening to the Aresco interview it's clear he was told to watch his tongue and reminded that we signed up to be part of the playoff system.

It's a smart play to let Danny White run off at the mouth with the whole P6 and National Champs thing while he hems and haws cause it's renegotiation time with ESPN.

Qualcomm would be like Memphis building an 'on campus stadium' 1.5 miles away at our Park Ave Campus...you can call it whatever you like...that's an off campus stadium as far as I'm concerned.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

The UCF and Tulane National Championships are in the spirit of BYU's national championship in the 80s.  Clearly THATS the example to follow.

http://sports56whbq.com/shows/sports-56-middays/174-sports-56-middays-interview-mike-aresco

No its not, byu's natty was/is recognized by everyone. They finished #1 in the polls. Aresco is a fool and is embarrassing his conference.

14 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

No its not, byu's natty was/is recognized by everyone. They finished #1 in the polls. Aresco is a fool and is embarrassing his conference.

Damn straight. However much BYU was undeserving of that NC, BYU won it by the recognized standard.

1998 Tulane? They defeated just three teams with a winning record, didn't beat a single team from a BCS conference, and only beat one team, Louisville, which is now in a P5 conference. 2017 UCF is not a national champion but nevertheless a damn good team which would have destroyed 1998 Too-lame.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I was paraphrasing the beginning of the second interview for those who didn't happen to listen to Aresco explain that comparison more extensively over the first minute and a half when I stated that UCF and Tulane's national championship is in the tradition of BYU.

Frankly, Tulane is doing this to point out how stupid UCF is right now by proclaiming their national championship if you don't get the joke.  My impression is that Mug got the joke but made the post because Tulane-humor has evolved and has special meaning to readers of the expansion exposition threads.

It probably is BYU's fault more than any other university that the dominos fell the way they did and Aresco's fawning treatment of Tulane demonstrated Boise State and SDSU didn't need to be treated like second class citizens in a Frankenstein's monster of a conference.  Boise and SDSU never would have been in that position in the first place without "the project".