Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobo Amor

Lobos targeting suds QB coach as OC

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Is New Mexico still going to run the option?

We're going to keep it as part of our offense but not as the main thing.

Edit: we needed to mix things up as our opponents have started to catch up on how to defend the TO. 

Rocky is not going anywhere.

Morgan to UNM makes a ton of sense.  He'd get a promotion and most likely a raise and he has experience calling plays at AFA.  He also has Texas roots to help UNM recruit there.  

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

He made Chapman the top QB in the MWC.

He was also instrumental in getting our recent QB signee to decommit from mighty UC Davis!

But to get serious for a moment, losing Hauck as our ST guy, where did as good a job as anybody in the country, and Tony White as our recruiting coordinator, a job he also did very well, are big losses. However, Danny Gonzales might be becoming ASU's new DC and he did a decent job but that guy is highly replaceable and I think the same of Blaine Morgan.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Morgan's hiring at SDSU was puzzling. I think he came to SDSU to be the QBC to enhance his resume- not be perceived as only a triple-option OC. I think our OC hired him b/c of his TX connections for recruiting. Our OC loves TX recruits. Under him, QB recruiting has been better, but not drastically better. I think he'd be a good fit at UNM. Option OC is more marketable than triple-option for HC gigs.