Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Sessions clears the path for the Feds to go after weed

It is not that hard.

Marijuana is not against the constitution so you don't have to overcome the steep hurdles of a constitutional amendment. 

Convince Congress to pass a law, and the president to sign it. 

I have no problem with recreational marijuana, although I would never use it. I do have a problem with not enforcing the rule of law. 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

It is not that hard.

Marijuana is not against the constitution so you don't have to overcome the steep hurdles of a constitutional amendment. 

Convince Congress to pass a law, and the president to sign it. 

I have no problem with recreational marijuana, although I would never use it. I do have a problem with not enforcing the rule of law. 

It is the rule of federal law.  It is legal under state law.  You should just say you think we should enforce all federal laws to the maximum at all times.

Posted Image

If a republican president came into office and ignored the federal civil rights act, like Obama and Holder ignored the federal marijuana laws.   All you morons would be up in arms over the situation complaining that a president has to enforce the laws of the land.  You would be right just like you are wrong now.

Ignoring immigration law and not deporting every illegal for generations has led us to the point where we have young adults who are in every way homeless in the world.  They are not U.S. citizens yet would be irreparably harmed if deported back to their original country.

We need to enforce our laws.  It is the only way to force bad laws to be changed.

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yes, it is. 

No, you're not. 

I'm aware that this is maybe 1/10th your thought process. You're just trying to rile. 

I am. I just know that you deliberately are hypocritical on these two issues to drive talk of actual legislative change. We've done rounds on this before. 

You are not being honest with yourself.  Use your brain son, I am not being hypocritical and I am not trying to rile.  I am pointing out the obvious problems with some current policy.

4 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

If a republican president came into office and ignored the federal civil rights act, like Obama and Holder ignored the federal marijuana laws.   All you morons would be up in arms over the situation complaining that a president has to enforce the laws of the land.  You would be right just like you are wrong now.

Ignoring immigration law and not deporting every illegal for generations has led us to the point where we have young adults who are in every way homeless in the world.  They are not U.S. citizens yet would be irreparably harmed if deported back to their original country.

We need to enforce our laws.  It is the only way to force bad laws to be changed.

Why do you think federal agents were the ones who forced the schooling integrations in Sessions racist Alabama?  Those were NOT state troopers.  Can someone please keep this handy with Blues saying we need to rigorously enforce federal laws?  Hypocrite will probably try to deny it the next time some good ol boys are locking themselves in a cabin with firearms.

Posted Image

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

I am not trying to rile.  

This is how I know you're lying

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

I didn't read thru all the comments, but  I wonder if this is in response to California and Gov. Brown and sanctuary status and pardons to illegals.  

The Feds are free to enforce immigration laws.  They just can't commandeer state resources without state permission in their efforts.  This is pretty consistent, I think. 

Posted Image

13 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Why do you think federal agents were the ones who forced the schooling integrations in Sessions racist Alabama?  Those were NOT state troopers.  Can someone please keep this handy with Blues saying we need to rigorously enforce federal laws?  Hypocrite will probably try to deny it the next time some good ol boys are locking themselves in a cabin with firearms.

Exactly and that was the right federal action to take at the time.  Enforce the law.   

For years prior and afterwards federal law was not enforced on those issues causing many of the race relation problems we have today.

Obama and Holder by selectively not enforcing law are doing the same thing people who supported the KKK have always wanted.

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Exactly and that was the right federal action to take at the time.  Enforce the law.   

For years prior and afterwards federal law was not enforced on those issues causing many of the race relation problems we have today.

Obama and Holder by selectively not enforcing law are doing the same thing people who supported the KKK have always wanted.

Trump is selectively enforcing environmental, education and civil rights laws.  He should be jailed too with Holder and Obama.

Posted Image

6 hours ago, happycamper said:

You don't get what I'm doing, do you? Not surprising, the conservatives who choose to engage their brains have been pretty quiet on this board for a while. 

Not sure I fit the above, but I administered a self imposed exile after a certain game until Wyoming redeemed itself in Boise, plus life and work.

What was your reaction when some in Wyoming were floating the idea of ignoring federal fully automatic firearm laws?  

7 hours ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

Not sure I fit the above, but I administered a self imposed exile after a certain game until Wyoming redeemed itself in Boise, plus life and work.

What was your reaction when some in Wyoming were floating the idea of ignoring federal fully automatic firearm laws?  

The ATF would enforce the federal law.  They wouldn't try to force Wyoming to enforce it.  

Posted Image

12 hours ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

You use your brain but you aren't consistently political enough to even go in to a category in my extremely judgey mind.

I think ignoring federal automatic firearm laws in Wyoming is kind of a red herring. We don't exactly have the manufacturing base to make them in quantity, once they cross state lines it is absolutely a federal issue regardless of gun laws, and we don't really have enough people to provide a domestic market for them (our domestic market is more geared for sport anyway). 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 hours ago, Akkula said:

The ATF would enforce the federal law.  They wouldn't try to force Wyoming to enforce it.  

But is this not what Sessions is doing giving federal prosecutors and agencies what they need to enforce federal law?

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

You use your brain but you aren't consistently political enough to even go in to a category in my extremely judgey mind.

I think ignoring federal automatic firearm laws in Wyoming is kind of a red herring. We don't exactly have the manufacturing base to make them in quantity, once they cross state lines it is absolutely a federal issue regardless of gun laws, and we don't really have enough people to provide a domestic market for them (our domestic market is more geared for sport anyway). 

Part of the reason some were pushing for it was to attract firearm manufacturers to the state.  I have doubts it would have worked. I also know of several people that are big affianados of these sorts of firearms with thousands of dollars in M1, M14 (before sale of them were banned), and then AK and AR based civilian models.  That is just little old Buffalo.  The interest is there, but yes Wyoming does have a low population severely limiting it's market power.  Even then though the Obama Administration made clear they would act similar to what the Trump administration is doing now, i.e. ignoring the state law and enforce federal law.  That is why I mention it.

I would like to see both private, state, and local groups lobby firearms manufacturers to relocate from their anti-firearm states to a state that would be friendly to them.   

Holy crap. Kansas GOP rep justifies keeping marijuana illegal: "African Americans, they were basically users and they basically responded the worst off to those drugs just because of their character makeup, their genetics and that"

He said that in 2018.