Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dshawfan

Question for Utah/TCU fans

58 minutes ago, utenation said:

I know you're probably not smart enough to work a calculator, so I did it for you putz.... 

Utah Rivals average recruiting class(MWC):  60

Utah Rivals average recruiting class(Pac12): 39

Trending:

2017: 25

2016: 33

2015: 41

LMAO, the better recruits you get the more losses you're getting, okay thanks for doing the homework but you're calculator is obviously broken. My calculator which is the RANKULATOR says Utah is getting worst every year and on a downhill hill trend. Soon to be in the Oregon St status, I'll give you a couple more years of competing with the big boys and loss recruiting battles for you to reach Oregon St. status. Don't worry you'll get there.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

16 minutes ago, Bob said:

NBA and NFL do revenue sharing shit. Why can't the NCAA? They are alienating a lot of CFB fans right now and if there aren't concessions made to them they are going to start losing revenue after they (fans of G5) stop caring. 

First, college sports is not pro sports.  It's not, and never has been, structured as a unified league.  It's separate entity conferences, all with their own unique rules, structures and profit sharing arrangements, coordinating under the ncaa umbrella.

Secondly, because it's their money.  They're driving the revenue train, and if Ohio State and Michigan want to share some of it with Indiana and Purdue (with whom they have a century+ of athletic and academic collaboration) but not Nevada and Boise that's their right.  If the G5 thinks they have a great product and are getting shortchanged by their current arrangement, it's also their right to break away from the P5 and see what the market brings them.  My hunch is that's not the counsel their accountants, media consultants and television contacts are giving them.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

4 minutes ago, Warbow said:

LMAO, the better recruits you get the more losses you're getting, okay thanks for doing the homework but you're calculator is obviously broken. My calculator which is the RANKULATOR says Utah is getting worst every year and on a downhill hill trend. Soon to be in the Oregon St status, I'll give you a couple more years of competing with the big boys and loss recruiting battles for you to reach Oregon St. status. Don't worry you'll get there.

"Utah is getting worst every year" Did you graduate high school? Serious question... I mean if you are truly handicapped, I'll stop making fun of you... LMAO at the Rankulator.. I could train a chimp to make a better system..

Just now, utenation said:

"Utah is getting worst every year" Did you graduate high school? Serious question... I mean if you are truly handicapped, I'll stop making fun of you...

at least I don't have to use a calculator to figure shit out. There you go again, always relying on spelling and grammar to bail out your lame ass.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

9 minutes ago, Warbow said:

This doesn't add up, better recruits + better facilities = more losses. Okay I believe you when you say you're getting better recruits.

Playing against 3 or 4 P5 level opponents per year as opposed to 9 or 10. Too confusing for you? 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

1 minute ago, Mano said:

Playing against 3 or 4 P5 level opponents per year as opposed to 9 or 10. Too confusing for you? 

No, no different than playing TCU, Air Force, BYU, San Diego St and Boise St. every year. Get over yourself, the PAC-12 is a lower level conference right now, Boise St would have won it this year.

1 minute ago, Warbow said:

No, no different than playing TCU, Air Force, BYU, San Diego St and Boise St. every year. Get over yourself, the PAC-12 is a lower level conference right now, Boise St would have won it this year.

Much different, Boise would have finished behind Washington, USC, Stanford and Wazzu.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

12 minutes ago, Mano said:

Much different, Boise would have finished behind Washington, USC, Stanford and Wazzu.

lol,

The same Stanford that San Diego St put a whipping on? The same Stanford that won their division and beat Washington? the same Stanford that loss to USC in the conference championship by a FG?  lol, you guys are too much.

Boise St, San Diego St and Fresno St. would have finish at the top of the PAC-12 this year.

11 minutes ago, Warbow said:

lol,

The same Stanford than San Diego St put a whipping on? The same Stanford that won their division and beat Washington, the same Stanford that loss to USC in the conference championship by a FG? ? lol, you guys are too much.

Yep, that is the one.

Stanford got much better as season went on and they changed quarterbacks. Funny how Stanford getting beat by SUDS excludes them from beating Boise in your world, but you think Boise would finish higher than Washington team that ass pounded Fresno ( and Wazzu actually beat Boise, so there is that ).

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

13 minutes ago, Mano said:

Yep, that is the one.

Stanford got much better as season went on and they changed quarterbacks. Funny how Stanford getting beat by SUDS excludes them from beating Boise in your world, but you think Boise would finish higher than Washington team that ass pounded Fresno ( and Wazzu actually beat Boise, so there is that ).

Now I heard all the excuses. They got better as the season went on...lol.  Got stronger for their bowl losses too I see. Since we're dishing out excuses I can say the same for Boise St and Fresno St. At least I can support my excuse and say those MWC schools finished with bowl wins unlike those strong finishers in the PAC-12 who all crapped their bed in their bowl games.

7 minutes ago, utenation said:

They say a picture is worth 1000 words.. This picture describes the overall current state of Hawaii's athletics and the amount of people that care...

UH-FOOTBALL-EMPTY-SEATS2.jpg

Haha nice picture of the Mormon revival at aloha stadium. Resorting to "fake" pictures isn't going to save face for you.

2 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Now I heard all the excuses. They got better as the season went on...lol.  Got stronger for their bowl losses I see. Since we're dishing out excuses I can say the same for Boise St and Fresno St. At least I can support that statement and say those MWC won their bowl games unlike those strong finishers in the PAC-12 who all crapped their bed in their bowl games.

Boise beat a 7 win Duck team that finished 4th in the Pac North by 10, and you think they win the league. LOL at you. Boise fans are not delusional enough to make your claims. They have had teams that may have competed for a title in the Pac, this certainly was not one of them.

And, why do you keep referring to Boise? Hawaii has as much in common with Boise as Indiana has with tOSU. When will Hawaii have a winning record in the MWC, we are still waiting? Hawaii has a fertile recruiting ground in their back yard, yet they cannot compete in the MWC. Sad.  

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

11 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Haha nice picture of the Mormon revival at aloha stadium. Resorting to "fake" pictures isn't going to save face for you.

Hawaii's attendance is less than 50% of capacity the last 3 years and in the bottom half of the MWC in total attendance... Nothing like having a stadium built for bowl games and the pro bowl half empty on game day of the local team.

I'd say my picture is spot on...

6 minutes ago, Mano said:

Boise beat a 7 win Duck team that finished 4th in the Pac North by 10, and you think they win the league. LOL at you. Boise fans are not delusional enough to make your claims. They have had teams that may have competed for a title in the Pac, this certainly was not one of them.

And, why do you keep referring to Boise? Hawaii has as much in common with Boise as Indiana has with tOSU. When will Hawaii have a winning record in the MWC, we are still waiting? Hawaii has a fertile recruiting ground in their back yard, yet they cannot compete in the MWC. Sad.  

Boise St 31 --- San Diego St. 14

San Diego St. 17 --- Stanford 14

Fresno St. 27 --- San Diego St. 3

Stanford 30 ---  Washington 22

Nuff said. Ya Boise, Fresno St and San Diego St would have finished in the middle of the PAC this year. okay nice one, now tell me more.

5 hours ago, Mano said:

That's cute coming from a Hawaii fan, but Utah has lost exactly one OOC game since joining the Pac, so they are not dragging anything down for the conference. 

With schools like North Dakota St, San Jose St and BYU on your OOC schedule this year, any P5 school would do the same. Great OOC schedule this year, that's the only way you got into a bowl game this year.

5 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

Very few G5 programs have a sugar daddy that can throw millions towards upgrading facilities and other football expenses.  Memphis, Houston, UCF, and Cincy are schools that have and spent a lot of sugar daddy money but are still in a G5 conference. 

Being in a p5 doesn't automatically elevate your program either, I think Utah was tougher when then were in the MWC than they are now. TCU has improved but they're located in the middle of greatest HS recruiting area in the nation. The question for TCU is will they ever take that next step to win a natty?

Utah is way better now than they used to be.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Not gonna lie, I am a little surprised that Utah is with Cal, Oregon State, and Wazzu as the only PAC programs to not play in the CCG yet. That's an ominous group to be a part of so far. Seems like Ute fan base hasn't been shook yet though, which is a good sign I guess.

Considering they're up against USC every year doesn't make it that surprising to me.  Even in the years they've beaten USC, they've lost to some other teams in the league.  They've been in the hunt some years.  The Arizona schools have rarely sniffed a conference title in football in the PAC, and they've been in that league for around 40 years.  It'll take a special year for them to get to a conference title game.  I see it as a once a decade type of thing. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

I'd like to see how PAC membership has changed the amount of athletic subsidies that Utah takes.  If Utah's AD is soaking the students and academic side for a fraction of what it did before PAC membership, that alone tells me they are way better off than before.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.