Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dshawfan

Question for Utah/TCU fans

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Maybe some of the TV dollars should be shared? It's pretty easy to invest millions when you're given millions to work with

Why stop there.  Why not pool attendance money and split it too.  From each according to their ability; to each according to their needs was the saying. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

43 minutes ago, Warbow said:

I agree, a school like Utah actually hurt their on field performance by joining a so called power conference. It doesn't help recruiting like most people may think. It actually hurt Utah's recruiting now that they are going up against the bigger and better schools like USC and Washington going for the elite recruits when they use to win battles against G-5 schools for the mid level recruits.

Do you actually do any research on the sewage you spew or just pull it out of your ass?

11 minutes ago, utenation said:

Do you actually do any research on the sewage you spew or just pull it out of your ass?

Don't need any research to speak the obvious.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

13 minutes ago, utenation said:

Yeah, facts aren't important.. Just the opinion of a moron I guess..

What are these so called facts you speak of? I'd like to see them. All I see is the obvious fact in which Utah went from a elite G6 school to a lower level P5 school.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

21 minutes ago, Warbow said:

What are these so called facts you speak of? I'd like to see them. All I see is the obvious fact in which Utah went from a elite G6 school to a lower level P5 school.

Your claim, your fame... You said Utah's recruiting has been hurt by going to a P5 conference... Let's see something showing that. And define a lower level P5?

18 minutes ago, utenation said:

Your claim, your fame... You said Utah's recruiting has been hurt by going to a P5 conference... Let's see something showing that. And define a lower level P5?

Utah only had 8 players selected in the NFL draft last year, recruiting obviously in the shitter.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

32 minutes ago, utenation said:

and you state facts disprove that, where are your facts?

11 minutes ago, Mano said:

Utah only had 8 players selected in the NFL draft last year, recruiting obviously in the shitter.

late rounds draftees are the same as free agent pick-ups. doesn't prove they were better rated high school recruits.

Not gonna lie, I am a little surprised that Utah is with Cal, Oregon State, and Wazzu as the only PAC programs to not play in the CCG yet. That's an ominous group to be a part of so far. Seems like Ute fan base hasn't been shook yet though, which is a good sign I guess.

34 minutes ago, Warbow said:

late rounds draftees are the same as free agent pick-ups. doesn't prove they were better rated high school recruits.

Utah also had 7 free agent pick ups last year. You may also check the star ratings, but I am sure you won't. The fact that Utah's recruiting has picked up since joining the Pac is pretty indisputable, but keep on with your narrative.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

56 minutes ago, Warbow said:

and you state facts disprove that, where are your facts?

I know you're probably not smart enough to work a calculator, so I did it for you putz.... 

Utah Rivals average recruiting class(MWC):  60

Utah Rivals average recruiting class(Pac12): 39

Trending:

2017: 25

2016: 33

2015: 41

52 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Not gonna lie, I am a little surprised that Utah is with Cal, Oregon State, and Wazzu as the only PAC programs to not play in the CCG yet. That's an ominous group to be a part of so far. Seems like Ute fan base hasn't been shook yet though, which is a good sign I guess.

Utah has been in the hunt for the South title in 4 of the 7 years we've been in the conference. Disappointed, yes.. but progressing most feel.. 2017 was a step back for sure but still a winning season and the only bowl win for the conference. It honestly took about 3 years to get acclimated to the conference and different style..

50 or so sell outs in a row.. The fans are still on board..

It is very risky business for a school, which does not receive millions from a media contract, to spend P5 like money. But it is necessary. A school will never be considered by a P5 conference if it does not have P5 like facilities. The schools that have moved up have spent money on facilities prior to the moves. That commitment is necessary and very risky.

CSU will probably pay more for coaches in the future. SDSU probably will if they build a stadium. It doesn't make sense to spend hundreds of millions on facilities and then not hire a higher level coaching staff.

24 minutes ago, utenation said:

Utah has been in the hunt for the South title in 4 of the 7 years we've been in the conference. Disappointed, yes.. but progressing most feel.. 2017 was a step back for sure but still a winning season and the only bowl win for the conference. It honestly took about 3 years to get acclimated to the conference and different style..

50 or so sell outs in a row.. The fans are still on board..

With the sellouts and top 4/5 bowls being decent it’s easy to see how Utes are still happy. Difference in schedule alone would keep me happy for a decade. honestly I was shocked because I could’ve sworn you guys already played in a CCG as well. 

32 minutes ago, since1670 said:

It is very risky business for a school, which does not receive millions from a media contract, to spend P5 like money. But it is necessary. A school will never be considered by a P5 conference if it does not have P5 like facilities. The schools that have moved up have spent money on facilities prior to the moves. That commitment is necessary and very risky.

CSU will probably pay more for coaches in the future. SDSU probably will if they build a stadium. It doesn't make sense to spend hundreds of millions on facilities and then not hire a higher level coaching staff.

As seen in the last go 'round and the Big 12 fiasco of assessing potential candidates, there is sooooo much more than facilities and coaches and level of play on the field to consider.

Not sure about the rest of you, but if my school's academics are shaky and/or my team's viewership numbers don't make sense, I really don't think it's wise to drop $100M or so on facilities in hopes that that will make you "ready" for the potential/lottery-like-odds invite!

I've totally stopped even thinking about the possibility of Boise State ever getting an upgrade, and while I think CSU or San Diego are better situated, I wouldn't bet a nickel that either one gets to "move up" in my lifetime.

Spend the money to make your program and your school better, but don't look at it like some kind of investment...

1 hour ago, Mano said:

Utah also had 7 free agent pick ups last year. You may also check the star ratings, but I am sure you won't. The fact that Utah's recruiting has picked up since joining the Pac is pretty indisputable, but keep on with your narrative.

This doesn't add up, better recruits + better facilities = more losses. Okay I believe you when you say you're getting better recruits.