Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Sugar Bowl

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

Uh, UCF beat Auburn, who beat Bama.

Lol oh we're playing that game lol. UCF played one crappy P-5 team Maryland and almost lost to SMU. UCF played in the game they deserved to play in they didn't earn anything else. 

It won't.

Why are you mad the SEC won the games fair and square? 

The whole pitch for a "college football playoff" was the champions of conferences playing each other in the top 4.  Alabama shouldn't be playing.  If UCF doesn't get a sniff going undefeated, Saban should have had an early vacation because they didn't play in the SEC championship.

The whole thing is a fix anyway.  Until it expands to 8 or 10 or 12 it's still a popularity contest.

But two teams of any conference playing in the championship doesn't interest me. And judging from the last time this happened with LSU & Alabama, the nation agrees with me.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

12 minutes ago, JohnAdams said:

Lol oh we're playing that game lol. UCF played one crappy P-5 team Maryland and almost lost to SMU. UCF played in the game they deserved to play in they didn't earn anything else

I'm not playing that game.  Aren't you the dude that thought Georgia Tech would cream UCF? 

Frankly, UCF can't earn anything else.  They don't have the right name next to their record.  How did Alabama earn their way in?  They didn't even win anything appreciable during the regular season.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Just now, Boise fan said:

The whole pitch for a "college football playoff" was the champions of conferences playing each other in the top 4.  Alabama shouldn't be playing.  If UCF doesn't get a sniff going undefeated, Saban should have had an early vacation because they didn't play in the SEC championship.

The whole thing is a fix anyway.  Until it expands to 8 or 10 or 12 it's still a popularity contest.

But two teams of any conference playing in the championship doesn't interest me. And judging from the last time this happened with LSU & Alabama, the nation agrees with me.

I went to Disneyland instead of watching the LSU/Bama game. 

Uh, UCF beat Auburn, who beat Bama.

Auburn also beat Georgia during the regular season. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, Boise fan said:

I agree with that, I think you should have to win your league, but go tell that to Penn State who got the shaft last year.

It will always be a popularity contest.  Merit has rarely mattered in college football.  That said, the Rose Bowl we watched today was better than any game I've ever seen from that bowl most years.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 minutes ago, JohnAdams said:

"Cream" lmao I haven't heard that one since 4th grade, mormons are so cute. 

I forgot, "destroy" was the word you used.  I made sure to link it in the other thread where your continued stupidity is on display for all.  Dipshit.

LOL.  These coaches are wanting to call it a night on the film room show.  Where did Patterson go.  I fell asleep for about 15 minutes.

7 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

LOL.  These coaches are wanting to call it a night on the film room show.  Where did Patterson go.  I fell asleep for about 15 minutes.

I think he did this...

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif?s

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

17 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Well, the football season is over.

I’m looking forward to next year.  I think we will be better and we are exciting to watch again. 

Only way that things change is if the ratings for the upcoming SEC lovefest take a nosedive from the last three years.  That's how you get to 8, and that's how you get an auto-bid for the G5.  I won't be watching a minute of it.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

8 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Even if they called it, does it matter?  Clemson was thoroughly outclassed tonight.  Unfortunately. 

Hard to get any momentum when your WRs are getting mugged everytime without it being called.  Playing 11 against 18 will get you outclassed.