Warbow

F the college football playoffs, UCF is national champs!!!

Let's just bite the bullet and get it over with. Start the 128 team tourney and extend the cfb season another 2 months. When the season is over, you go right to the spring game. Then we start the season in early August with 3 pre-season games. That way we're only without cfb for 4 months. 

I'd also like to see doubles matches. Let's say Boise & SDSU  vs. Wazzu & Stanford. It would make for a long sideline, but each team would have their sideline  start at the 50 and go to the 10 on each side. Offense and Defense would rotate on each series. SDSU starts the 1st series on Offense and Boise the first series on D. Then flip that. Bench clearing brawls would be especially fun to watch. 

No, seriously, a 16 game playoff done right would get 2 G5's in, and that's the most we could hope for. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

You can't have upsets if you don't play the game. :rolleyes:

And remind me again how many 15-16 seeds in the ncaa's have won.  Look, everyone loves switching the channel when a 16 seed is playing close in the second half.  That, however, doesn't meant they'll bother tuning in when that's the centerpiece game on tv, keeping in mind that you won't have multiple games going on at the same time in a football playoff.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

1 hour ago, Victor Maitlin said:

And remind me again how many 15-16 seeds in the ncaa's have won.  Look, everyone loves switching the channel when a 16 seed is playing close in the second half.  That, however, doesn't meant they'll bother tuning in when that's the centerpiece game on tv, keeping in mind that you won't have multiple games going on at the same time in a football playoff.

16 seed, mbb = 150th to 200th best team

16 seed, football= 50th or so best team

That ignores any leveling factor that such a playoff would bring

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, Victor Maitlin said:

You are actually part of the problem with college sports...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

I get why they're taking the ballsy route...the narrative needs to continue against the G5 being shafted...but self declared national champs?

I'm on their side and it still looks over the line. 

It could encourage the resourced conferences say "to hell with the G5...go play your own championship" which isn't great for the sport because we can still line up and beat them.

They need us as much as we need them.

5 hours ago, renoskier said:

Why the hell not.  After all, their AD only took a $27M subsidy (46% of the entire budget) from the students and academic side last year.  It's not like they're playing with house money......just go out and raise the student fees a bit more to pay for it.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

52 minutes ago, LetTheFurFly said:

I get why they're taking the ballsy route...the narrative needs to continue against the G5 being shafted...but self declared national champs?

I'm on their side and it still looks over the line. 

It could encourage the resourced conferences say "to hell with the G5...go play your own championship" which isn't great for the sport because we can still line up and beat them.

They need us as much as we need them.

Here’s a few quotes from the SEC Rant:

“G5 Go out and start your own playoff Championship”
“Let the G5 start their own playoffs: 
5 conference champions, 5 at large teams”

“I mean it would actually be a smart idea for the P5 and Group of five to split. 

They have no business competing for the same national title.”

“The Go5 really should be their own division. 

it's clear the Georgia State's of the world have no business being in the same "division" as the Alabama's and Ohio State's”

Well I say we give the SEC SEC ESecPN hell until we create more clarity in the CFP and give every DI team a chance at the Natty!

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

37 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Here’s a few quotes from the SEC Rant:

“G5 Go out and start your own playoff Championship”
“Let the G5 start their own playoffs: 
5 conference champions, 5 at large teams”

“I mean it would actually be a smart idea for the P5 and Group of five to split. 

They have no business competing for the same national title.”

“The Go5 really should be their own division. 

it's clear the Georgia State's of the world have no business being in the same "division" as the Alabama's and Ohio State's”

Well I say we give the SEC SEC ESecPN hell until we create more clarity in the CFP and give every DI team a chance at the Natty!

Well, sure, but neither does Oregon State, Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, or Vanderbilt either.  Right?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

12 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Well, sure, but neither does Oregon State, Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, or Vanderbilt either.  Right?

And the list goes on. Given the events of this year’s CFP (one loss BIG10 team getting snubbed/undefeated UCF) how many teams never had a chance at the National Championship at the beginning of the year?

The list is far more extensive than the 63 teams in G5 conferences.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Just now, LaradiseCowboy said:

And the list goes on. Given the events of this year’s CFP (one loss BIG10 team getting snubbed/undefeated UCF) how many teams actually had a chance at the National Championship at the beginning of the year?

The list is far more extensive than the 63 teams in G5 conferences.

Probably 6-8 in any given year.  Maybe less.  

My issue is access.  If they gave the G5 representative access to the playoff, I would be ok with it because then everyone would have an avenue to get in if they had that special year.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 1/1/2018 at 5:37 PM, Victor Maitlin said:

Seed 'em and first round games at home stadiums.  Maybe it's just me, but I'd love to see Bama, Clemson or the Spoiled Children have to play a mid-December game in Madison, Columbus or even Seattle.  And how about if Boise could thread the needle for a top 4 seed having to watch a Southern P5 team play on that shit blue turf in the cold.

Fantasy,  ucf would have been seeded 8th And sent to Clemson.  OSU 5th @ Bama, Wisconsin 6th @ Georgia,  USC 7th @ ou.  So the same 4 teams advance that we saw picked.