Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gabe H. Cuod

Is it a BAD strategy to hire NMSU coaches? NMSU never misses them.

Color me skeptical on the hires at UNLV and New Mexico.

New Mexico State has not lost one step since they hired away their coaches. In fact, NMSU seems to be improving.

Some colleges seem to be fine with a revolving door of coaches, and that's testimony to the culture they had in place before said coaches started working there.

AND, often times, when those types of programs lose a coach, that coach often seems to fall flat at his next stop. See Dan Hawkins when he left Boise.

I WANT to believe that New Mexico State is a cradle of coaches BUT I don't think so.

I think they are merely the best heeled program in their conference and offer new coaches an immediate competitive advantage.

They are lucky to have Chris Jans.

ysOR4zJ.gif

The worst strategy is testing MWCBoard juju. UNLV was on the upswing until some of their fans started going off about being an elite final four caliber team stuck in a garbage conference. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The worst strategy is testing MWCBoard juju. UNLV was on the upswing until some of their fans started going off about being an elite final four caliber team stuck in a garbage conference. 

UNLV fans have always been like that.

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Boise state will win out

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.