Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Anybody else do Uber?

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

I made $54 in only three hours today.

gross pay, without considering gas, the cost of the auto, no insurance or retirement, miles driven, time to set up. 18 an hour billable is like 8 an hour paid

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

6 minutes ago, happycamper said:

gross pay, without considering gas, the cost of the auto, no insurance or retirement, miles driven, time to set up. 18 an hour billable is like 8 an hour paid

Net is probably about $30.

26 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I just made about $45 in four trips.  Got home about fifteen minutes ago.  You literally just turn on the app and get a hit.  It’s impossible not to on New Year’s in Las Vegas.

The last time I flew in to see the SF Giants play during Spring training in Scottsdale there was a shortage of rental cars and taxis.  The wait for a taxi was like 45 minutes, but that was several years ago.  A taxi driver told me he makes close to $100K a year mainly due to the Spring training period.  Nothing lasts forever.  Uber most likely owns that market now.       

7 hours ago, aztech said:

The last time I flew in to see the SF Giants play during Spring training in Scottsdale there was a shortage of rental cars and taxis.  The wait for a taxi was like 45 minutes, but that was several years ago.  A taxi driver told me he makes close to $100K a year mainly due to the Spring training period.  Nothing lasts forever.  Uber most likely owns that market now.       

It’s the tips if he makes that much.

18 hours ago, ph90702 said:

It’s the tips if he makes that much.

That takes a lot of time and hard work to develope those skills. It’s no easy task to make a living on tips, let alone a good one like that. You have to really cultivate a customer base, you have to be efficient, fair, and straight up enjoyable to be around; in order to garner that kind of business. It’s a lot of work, and inherent talent at the latter is an unavoidable inequity among human beings that could make all the difference between someone who kills at the job, and someone who scrapes by.

Don’t expect those results. And if you just started, having someone say you suck at the job is to be expected. Everyone sucks at everything they do when they first start. Nobody is an expert off the bat, hell nobody is even competent. But everyone who becomes competent or achieves excellence starts out looking and feeling like a fool. That’s how experience works.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 12/31/2017 at 11:12 AM, pokebball said:

Board poll

You need a ride.

You have Boise fan Ubering on the left and Blues Ubering on your right.  Which car do you get into?

I am not getting in Blues car.  He thinks speed limits, drunk driving laws, and seat belts are a government/Chinese conspiracy and his car is filled with propane and ammunition for his chukar hunts (whatever the hell that is).  I am also prone to getting into a BLM standoff in a cabin if he makes a pit stop.  Besides Subarus are some of the safest vehicles.

Posted Image

2 hours ago, Akkula said:

I am not getting in Blues car.  He thinks speed limits, drunk driving laws, and seat belts are a government/Chinese conspiracy and his car is filled with propane and ammunition for his chukar hunts (whatever the hell that is).  I am also prone to getting into a BLM standoff in a cabin if he makes a pit stop.  Besides Subarus are some of the safest vehicles.

Interesting, I figured you wouldn’t get into his car due to his assumed whiteness.

v0icAvfW.jpg

3 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I have used it a few times to get to the airport an have had good experiences.  The cars are always clean ,compared to taxi cabs that smell like a rotten ash tray.

I think Uber is great to use.  I use it frequently when I travel for business.  I don't know that they'd be good to drive for though, but I honestly wouldn't know.

v0icAvfW.jpg