Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

New Mexico State Deserves an Invite

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What does that have to do with anything?  Super close road trip, historical event for them that has not happened in most of those fans lifetime.

Member when SJSU was in the top 25 and it somewhat justified their invitation.  Same type of thing.

Stop making that comparison. SJSU doesn’t put that many fans in the stands in an entire season. 

That crowd means everything. It means you have the potential to build something. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

congrats to NMSU that was one hellofa drought in bowl wins but you got to start some where. The crowd showing up to support this team was great. I hate seeing a conference mate lose their bowl game but in this instance I was OK with it...........drop San Jose 3 years ago and give NMSU the invite, at least they are trying to be relevant.:rock: 

2 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Name a better MWC bowl crowd this year. I’ll wait. 

A8CDED18-0785-48D0-886E-B11D16D8BBE7.jpeg

Not all that hard to get a crowd when you pick a local venue and it's the first bowl appearance in 47 years.  Fans are pretty sure it's now or never on the travel.  A four hour drive for a once in a lifetime event?  Yeah, not hard to fill those stands.

8 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Not all that hard to get a crowd when you pick a local venue and it's the first bowl appearance in 47 years.  Fans are pretty sure it's now or never on the travel.  A four hour drive for a once in a lifetime event?  Yeah, not hard to fill those stands.

Fort Collins to Albuquerque 512 miles/7 hours.

“CSU distributed 1,556 tickets, including 295 player guests and 97 student passes, according to a school spokesman. Marshall provided its fan base roughly 1,000 tickets. Bowl and secondary market sales clearly boosted the overall attendance, but compared to previous New Mexico Bowls, the reported fan total (26,087) was still lacking.”

Seems harder to fill the stands then you want to give NM State credit for.  

16 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

Fort Collins to Albuquerque 512 miles/7 hours.

“CSU distributed 1,556 tickets, including 295 player guests and 97 student passes, according to a school spokesman. Marshall provided its fan base roughly 1,000 tickets. Bowl and secondary market sales clearly boosted the overall attendance, but compared to previous New Mexico Bowls, the reported fan total (26,087) was still lacking.”

Seems harder to fill the stands then you want to give NM State credit for.  

There were about 15,00 to 18,000 CSU fans at that bowl.  CSU did a terrible job of marketing the tickets.  It was 10X easier to buy directly from the bowl.  In other words, fake news.  Point still stands.  Four hour drive for a once in a lifetime event.  Don't even need a hotel.  A little gas, and a game ticket.  Not even a comparison.

Who cares if its been 57 years and only a four hour drive? The fact that the fans showed up and are excited as a fan base is what our conference needs. Sjsu brings nothing. I can't believe I'm actually saying this but I'm ok with replacing sparta with the raggies.

2 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Who cares if its been 57 years and only a four hour drive? The fact that the fans showed up and are excited as a fan base is what our conference needs. Sjsu brings nothing. I can't believe I'm actually saying this but I'm ok with replacing sparta with the raggies.

Didn't they just get kicked out of the Sunbelt? And all I've heard this last month is how broke they are.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

9 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

There were about 15,00 to 18,000 CSU fans at that bowl.  CSU did a terrible job of marketing the tickets.  It was 10X easier to buy directly from the bowl.  In other words, fake news.  Point still stands.  Four hour drive for a once in a lifetime event.  Don't even need a hotel.  A little gas, and a game ticket.  Not even a comparison.

Link?   I’m just merely sharing what the Denver Post reported.   I can’t help if the local paper posts fake news on the local team.  8-10 hour round trip driving time, 4-6 hour game experience.   I’m sure very few fans booked hotels.   Makes complete sense.   What else you got?

New Mexico Bowl: 26,087

Arizona Bowl: 39,132

5 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

Link?   I’m just merely sharing what the Denver Post reported.   I can’t help if the local paper posts fake news on the local team.  8-10 hour round trip driving time, 4-6 hour game experience.   I’m sure very few fans booked hotels.   Makes complete sense.   What else you got?

New Mexico Bowl: 26,087

Arizona Bowl: 39,132

And 18000 were CSU fans. I want some of what headbutt but is smoking

The World Needs More Cowboys!