Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gabe H. Cuod

Killing off the WAC irreparably Damaged the MWC. Should Have Stayed at 9 teams

9 hours ago, Warbow said:

Hawaii would have whooped Illinois in a BCS bowl game that year. Should have been usc taking an ass kicking in the sugar bowl not Hawaii. 

Really and why do you think that? You needed overtime to beat 5-7 Louisiana Tech and 5-7 San Jose, a last second field goal to beat 6-7 UNR, and your best wins were against 9-4 Fresno, a down 10-3 Boise team, and a 4-9 Washington team. I guess those results coupled with your spectacular performance in the Sugar Bowl proves you would have rolled Illinois...lol.

By the way even though Illinois got destroyed by USC they did beat 3 teams that finished ranked that year (Penn State, Wisconsin, and Ohio State), and the Buckeyes finished in the top 5 that year.

Those 3 wins are better than any on Hawaii's schedule, but you guys did play two FCS teams that year so i guess that was pretty tough...

9 hours ago, Warbow said:

Hawaii 49 @UNLV 14

@UNLV 27 Utah 7

MWC Champ @BYU 17 Utah 10

nuff said

Yeah, because the Transitive Property is always correct.

You guys barely beat some crappy WAC teams but you would have rolled through the MWC... sure...lol

5 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Hi guys.  Is everyone is doing great in here?  Please message if you are having a hard time.  Everyone be safe and have a happy new year.

This is perhaps the stupidest thing I’ve seen on a message board. “Gee whiz, hi fellas, good ole Bauer here with nothing to add but look at me”

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:08 PM, Gabe H. Cuod said:

I realize hindsight is 20-20...

However, this conference signed its death warrant as a good conference when it invited too many teams, post Utah/BYU/TCU. AND... Keeping the WAC ALIVE was so important to the good health of the MWC FB/MBB programs, and I don't think many people get that. Becoming a 1 Bid conference in MBB is largely a byproduct of the decreased prestige (and bloated RPIs) resulting from letting dregs in the conference AND killing off the bottom tier Western FBS Conference (which effectively MADE the MWC the bottom tier in the West)

The AAC benefits by having to low tier FBS conferences in their hemisphere. Those bottom rung conferences prop up their recruiting and prestige. It's no accident that TULANE outrecruited every MWC team sans Boise.

The MWC should have replaced Utah/BYU/TCU with Boise/Fresno/Nevada AND STOPPED.  However, the Boise President killed that 9-team possibility off when he joined the Big East/AAC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Mountain_West_Conference_football_season

Air Force

BYU

TCU

Utah

Colorado State

New Mexico

San Diego State

UNLV

Wyoming

Do a little research, then come back.......or not !

bsu%252520mwc%252520logo.jpg

11 hours ago, Fe34Iife said:

Yean my bad.... doesn't change the fact that your team was sodomized by Georgia that day... 

That's not far from being literally true. I can't remember any other new year's bowl game in which one team was so much more physical than the other.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Hi guys.  Is everyone is doing great in here?  Please message if you are having a hard time.  Everyone be safe and have a happy new year.

I am doing great in here.  Hope BYU runs through the WCC this year like we did.

12 hours ago, Warbow said:

Hawaii 49 @UNLV 14

@UNLV 27 Utah 7

MWC Champ @BYU 17 Utah 10

nuff said

Like I said 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

That's not far from being literally true. I can't remember any other new year's bowl game in which one team was so much more physical than the other.

The USC beatdown of Illinois on the same day was arguably worse.  The Trojans jumped out to a 21-0 lead and gained a Rose Bowl-record 633 yards of total offense, compared to 445 yards for Illinois.

Georgia gained only 334 yards against the Hawaii defense while UH netted 306.  The reason for the blowout was Hawaii’s 4 interceptions and 2 lost fumbles.  There was really only one way in which the Bulldogs were physically dominant, but unfortunately it made all the difference in the game — UH’s tackles couldn’t block Georgia’s ends, which led to Colt Brennan and Tyler Graunke being sacked or having to rush their throws.  Hawaii’s quarterbacks still completed 35 of 57 passes for 311 yards but the turnovers killed the Warriors.

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Like many things you post, I don't think you get it.

Btw, how’s Tanner’s NFL prep going? I’m sure scouts are drooling over a guy that can’t run or throw and gets hurt when he sneezes. Maybe they’ll overlook how he looks now and go back to 2015 and see a few chucker Hail Marys.

1 hour ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

The USC beatdown of Illinois on the same day was arguably worse.  The Trojans jumped out to a 21-0 lead and gained a Rose Bowl-record 633 yards of total offense, compared to 445 yards for Illinois.

Georgia gained only 334 yards against the Hawaii defense while UH netted 306.  The reason for the blowout was Hawaii’s 4 interceptions and 2 lost fumbles.  There was really only one way in which the Bulldogs were physically dominant, but unfortunately it made all the difference in the game — UH’s tackles couldn’t block Georgia’s ends, which led to Colt Brennan and Tyler Graunke being sacked or having to rush their throws.  Hawaii’s quarterbacks still completed 35 of 57 passes for 311 yards but the turnovers killed the Warriors.

This.

I have never seen a BCS/NY6 game in which a team was so out matched physically. The game could have been worse... much much worse.

In the end it doesn't really matter who got their ass kicked worse. Both teams got their teeth kicked in and neither team physically nor talent wise belonged on the same field as USC or Georgia.

42 minutes ago, Fe34Iife said:

This.

I have never seen a BCS/NY6 game in which a team was so out matched physically. The game could have been worse... much much worse.

In the end it doesn't really matter who got their ass kicked worse. Both teams got their teeth kicked in and neither team physically nor talent wise belonged on the same field as USC or Georgia.

Georgia perfectly timed the silent snap count, and Hawaii's offensive staff was too busy focusing on SMU to notice.  The ball was snapped about a second after John Estes raised his head.  The ends were often in the backfield before the tackles even got out of their stance.  A lot of times it looked like they were offside.  Sometimes they were, but most of the time they weren't.  

On 12/28/2017 at 10:08 PM, Gabe H. Cuod said:

I realize hindsight is 20-20...

However, this conference signed its death warrant as a good conference when it invited too many teams, post Utah/BYU/TCU. AND... Keeping the WAC ALIVE was so important to the good health of the MWC FB/MBB programs, and I don't think many people get that. Becoming a 1 Bid conference in MBB is largely a byproduct of the decreased prestige (and bloated RPIs) resulting from letting dregs in the conference AND killing off the bottom tier Western FBS Conference (which effectively MADE the MWC the bottom tier in the West)

The AAC benefits by having to low tier FBS conferences in their hemisphere. Those bottom rung conferences prop up their recruiting and prestige. It's no accident that TULANE outrecruited every MWC team sans Boise.

The MWC should have replaced Utah/BYU/TCU with Boise/Fresno/Nevada AND STOPPED.  However, the Boise President killed that 9-team possibility off when he joined the Big East/AAC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Mountain_West_Conference_football_season

Air Force

BYU

TCU

Utah

Colorado State

New Mexico

San Diego State

UNLV

Wyoming

This might have ultimately worked

USU