Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gabe H. Cuod

Virginia Down 7-42 to Navy!! Gents, Get Your VA Rally Caps On

How is this embarrassing to the MWC?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Anyone know what Navy's placement in the AAC standings is relative to Boise's place in the MWC standings???

Surely if Boise is our champion, Navy must be dominating over there...??

Navy just missed a FG to keep it at 49-7. Their 2nd string QB playing most of the snaps

Embarassing

ysOR4zJ.gif

Going into this season I was hoping for 9 wins from the Broncos but thought 8 was more likely.   IMO, they weren't that good this year and that Virginia game showed how bad they could be.  That was rock bottom.  This wasn't one of the Bronco teams from the glory years.   But in the end they over achieved and 11 wins is 11 wins. 

But I have said since August that they will be good in 2018 and could return to that form.   They will have a senior QB, most of the 2 deep on the OL coming back, really good RB corps,  but most of all a legitimate top 20 D.    

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Wait Limebull laughed at his own joke? Says a lot.

These trolls are pretty awful, they don't even know their audience. The average MWC Boarder either doesn't care about this game or takes great joy in Bronco getting his ass kicked.

54 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Man, Virginia playing in a bowl. BYU fans have to feel pretty sad about losing Bronco, their program has fallen apart without him.

Stupid move #1: Driving Bronco away.

Stupid move #2: Hiring Sitake to replace him.

Actually those are stupid move ##2 and 3. Stupid move #1 was hiring Tom Holmoe as AD.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, Gabe H. Cuod said:

This is embarrassing to Boise State and the MWC.

Somehow Virginia needs to mount some kinda comeback to make this respectable. AAC is notching some good P5 wins with the NY6 bowl ahead.

Yep, the AAC is kicking serious ass in the postseason against some of the juggernaut P5 bluebloods of college football.  I was especially impressed by USF's absolutely dominant victory against a very powerful, surging Texas Tech team that was only 30 to 40 plays away from finishing 6th in the Big-12...that is one the Bulls will be able to hang their hats on for decades to come...P6 indeed.  

2 hours ago, roughrider said:

It's embarrassing to Boise for sure.    The home losses under Harsin have all been f'ing embarrassing. 

The Virginia game was an embarrassing loss, especially at home.  But, it was the result of that embarrassing game that refocused the team and coaches leading to a MWC championship and bowl victory.  

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

25 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

The Virginia game was an embarrassing loss, especially at home.  But, it was the result of that embarrassing game that refocused the team and coaches leading to a MWC championship and bowl victory.  

Agree 100%.    Not a sweeping generalization from me at all, just an observation at how stinky that day was.   This team probably got the focus to over achieve from that point forward from that embarrassment.  Which is a great sign for the program moving to next season. 

4 hours ago, Gabe H. Cuod said:

This is embarrassing to Boise State and the MWC.

Somehow Virginia needs to mount some kinda comeback to make this respectable. AAC is notching some good P5 wins with the NY6 bowl ahead.

Hey stunner remember when BYU was relevant. 

Me either