Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PokeTransplant

This league sucks!!!

31 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Wyoming has ALWAYS been in SDSU's heads. I've never heard a team bitch more about having to travel somewhere than SDSU always has about Wyoming. I think some of it has to do with the media there. They seem to fish really hard for negative quotes regarding Wyoming and the staff and players oblige. Ed Graney at the LVRJ (formerly from San Diego) has the same hangup that Ziegler has. It's a So Cal thing I guess. Graney goes out of his way to bash Laramie... sometimes stretching really far to do so. Fortunately the UNLV coaches and players don't play into that game. But reading some of the comments from SDSU fans, it's the same thing. I don't get why they all hate Wyoming so much. They play 3 other schools in conference that are over a mile high and they never bitch as much about those.

From that article:

I mean that is a situation that is deep in their heads lol. And they wonder why they keep losing there.

Simply a matter of lesser men made even lesser in comfortable ignorance...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

38 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Oh yeah, and SDSU blew it's chance to finally, after all of these years, finally lead in our overall series.  Maybe next year!

We'll take the lead in 2019-2020.

Almost everybody here is already down on Brian Dutcher and nobody thinks he will ever be as successful as Steve Fisher but by two years from now he will have fully implemented the scheme changes he wants to make. More than that, recruiting had fallen off the last few years as exemplified by the fact Fish hadn't brought in a good center since Skylar Spencer in 2012-13 and nothing has hurt SDSU's defense more than the absence of an intimidating big guy in the middle. By 2019-2020, that will have been more than fixed.

Boom goes the dynamite.

59 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Almost everybody here is already down on Brian Dutcher and nobody thinks he will ever be as successful as Steve Fisher but by two years from now he will have fully implemented the scheme changes he wants to make. More than that, recruiting had fallen off the last few years as exemplified by the fact Fish hadn't brought in a good center since Skylar Spencer in 2012-13 and nothing has hurt SDSU's defense more than the absence of an intimidating big guy in the middle. By 2019-2020, that will have been more than fixed.

good call.  Fisher didn't light it up his first few seasons either.  He wasn't handed a successful program like Dutsher but give a good coach a few seasons before calling for their heads. 

6 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Wyoming has ALWAYS been in SDSU's heads. I've never heard a team bitch more about having to travel somewhere than SDSU always has about Wyoming. I think some of it has to do with the media there. They seem to fish really hard for negative quotes regarding Wyoming and the staff and players oblige. Ed Graney at the LVRJ (formerly from San Diego) has the same hangup that Ziegler has. It's a So Cal thing I guess. Graney goes out of his way to bash Laramie... sometimes stretching really far to do so. Fortunately the UNLV coaches and players don't play into that game. But reading some of the comments from SDSU fans, it's the same thing. I don't get why they all hate Wyoming so much. They play 3 other schools in conference that are over a mile high and they never bitch as much about those.

From that article:

I mean that is a situation that is deep in their heads lol. And they wonder why they keep losing there.

Actually, there's only 2 others (UNM and AFA) over a mile high in the conference.  CSU is close (5,003') but as is so often the case they never quite measure up :P.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Having been with Fish for all that time, what changes do you think he is looking to implement?  SDSU BB has always thrived on suffocating Defense and out rebounding everyone on the offensive glass and feeding on the second chance points.  If the game in Laramie was any indication, that defensive philosophy looks to be going by the wayside.   Not tolling here, just want an honest assessment on where SDSU fans see their team headed...

4 hours ago, PokeTransplant said:

Having been with Fish for all that time, what changes do you think he is looking to implement?  SDSU BB has always thrived on suffocating Defense and out rebounding everyone on the offensive glass and feeding on the second chance points.  If the game in Laramie was any indication, that defensive philosophy looks to be going by the wayside.   Not tolling here, just want an honest assessment on where SDSU fans see their team headed...

I think the more highly rated recruits haven’t panned out. For the last 3 year’s the coaches have been waiting for Pope to take the team on his back and it hasn’t and won’t happen. Kell’s been good but he’s not a leader. Hemsley has declined each year. The recent transfers haven’t panned out. Watson’s been ok sometimes but Hoetzel (aka “Montana”) can’t shoot, Rooks is an absolute clod and Gill-Caesar is a waste of space. The FR Mitchell is the kind of guys that the Aztecs used to thrive with. Overlooked guys that had something to prove. I think McDaniel will pan out if he puts on another 25 lbs. Above all they just don’t defend the way they used to. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say