Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Castle Ram

The not too early 2018 football prediction thread

23 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

UNM will be taken lightly and surprise everyone that has writren them off by making a bowl game and havong an upset or two.

We lost 3 games by a total of 7 points that would have sent us bowling. 8 of our 9 losses were to teams that went bowling. 

We return 26 seniors and 65 Lettermen. We will have QBs that can actually throw the ball. We are changing our offense up a bit to match the talent we have. 

Our defense has a lot of good young talent  mixed with seniors so it should be interesting if it can take the next step.

SEC Mountain: BSU, Wyo, CSewe-UNM, AFA, USU

Wacky west: FSU, suds, UNLV, UH, UNR, San no sé St.

7 MWC teams go bowling: BSU, Wyo, FSU, suds, CSewe, UNM & UNLV.

26 seniors and you have at least 10 jucos to mix in.  How do you see that shaping up?  

28 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

26 seniors and you have at least 10 jucos to mix in.  How do you see that shaping up?  

8 of the JuCos are mid-year transfers and will be in the mix for playing time right away with some vying for starting spots especially on the offensive side: QB, LT, LG, RT, & RB. Davie said all positions are going to be open for competition. 

The seniors returning will do a better job being leaders than those that graduated. Lamar Jordan was too humble and some of the ones on the defensive side actaully quit on the team. This years team will be more together.

Of the 26 seniors that were JuCos only a handful will be two year players in the program. A lot of them were sophomore transfers or redshirted so having 20 + seniors with at least 3 years in the program will be big experience wise. 

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

Sniff sniff..

I smell another preseason MWC championship trophy. I don’t think there’s ever been a better preseason team as Boise St.

Why wouldn't they be this year? Defending champs, kicked the ducks teeth in, have  monster defense returning. If you guys can put a an offense together huge things are ahead for you guys.

2 hours ago, Cincy said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8352660

Fresno won the west on the back of their Rush D, but you lose 3 senior D lineman next year. I don't think your run D will be as good and that will lead to losses to Boise and SDSU next season.

1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

Fresno won the west on the back of their Rush D, but you lose 3 senior D lineman next year. I don't think your run D will be as good and that will lead to losses to Boise and SDSU next season.

You don’t have Penny. Who’s gonna move your offense? Chapman? LOL!

Plus the game will be in Fresno. Ain’t happening. 

1 hour ago, Lobo Amor said:

8 of the JuCos are mid-year transfers and will be in the mix for playing time right away with some vying for starting spots especially on the offensive side: QB, LT, LG, RT, & RB. Davie said all positions are going to be open for competition. 

The seniors returning will do a better job being leaders than those that graduated. Lamar Jordan was too humble and some of the ones on the defensive side actaully quit on the team. This years team will be more together.

Of the 26 seniors that were JuCos only a handful will be two year players in the program. A lot of them were sophomore transfers or redshirted so having 20 + seniors with at least 3 years in the program will be big experience wise. 

Holy crap. I just saw that 11 of the 13 signed/committed players are Juco. That seems like a desperation reach by Davie. Is he feeling the hot seat? With so many SRs on the team and that many Jucos coming in it seems to be a short term fix at the expense of long term stability. 

Shame on you all.. Don't forget about the Mighty Mountain Lions from Provo Utah... I predict BYU goes .500 in conference next year.. Koy Detmer Jr emerges as BYU's starter and ends as the MWC OPOY.. 

After failed National Championship and Heisman Trophy aspirations, their "realistic" fans realize their reality and play Timbucktoo State in the Potato Bowl causing Boise State to bring in 40K temporary seats to handle the "worldwide" fan base, HD TV truck and the game will be replayed on BYU TV for years to come satisfying the billons of requests to see their team.

8 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Holy crap. I just saw that 11 of the 13 signed/committed players are Juco. That seems like a desperation reach by Davie. Is he feeling the hot seat? With so many SRs on the team and that many Jucos coming in it seems to be a short term fix at the expense of long term stability. 

Its 10 & 12, one JuCo signing is from last year. Davie is just balancing the classes, next year we would only have 16 seniors. 2 of the JuCos will redshirt. 8 JuCos are mid-year transfers who will play. 

We have talented freshmen & sophomore classes that need some experience to supplement them. I don't see it as a short term fix, I see it more as stabilizing our program.

On 12/26/2017 at 9:55 AM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

A lot more chance of you going than Fresno. The Bulldogs snuck up on some folks in 2017. That won't happen next year and because of your pedigree, you weren't able to sneak up on anybody but still won the conference.

On your second point, if AztecStephen can be deemed credible - and over all the years I've closely watched SDSU, nobody has his level of credibility - SDSU is on your former recruit Jake Constantine. Any Broncos have insight about that kid?

Do you really think FS snuck up on anyone? I’d expect that every HC knew what was coming just by watching game film. Perhaps it was a surprise for fans, but I think the HC’s should get a little more credit. Maybe their players didn’t believe their HC’s...?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

23 minutes ago, utenation said:

Shame on you all.. Don't forget about the Mighty Mountain Lions from Provo Utah... I predict BYU goes .500 in conference next year.. Koy Detmer Jr emerges as BYU's starter and ends as the MWC OPOY.. 

After failed National Championship and Heisman Trophy aspirations, their "realistic" fans realize their reality and play Timbucktoo State in the Potato Bowl causing Boise State to bring in 40K temporary seats to handle the "worldwide" fan base, HD TV truck and the game will be replayed on BYU TV for years to come satisfying the billons of requests to see their team.

No way a .500 team gets the OPOY.   What are you thinking.

31 minutes ago, utenation said:

Well we made it 5 pages before they got mentioned but it came from a outside source hopefully this will be the last of it.

52 minutes ago, utenation said:

I like USUs chances to beat them in Provo with 18 returning starters. Beyond that, I don’t care much about what BYU does. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 12/25/2017 at 3:53 AM, Castle Ram said:

Perhaps the best ever MW season with several teams ranked throughout the year.

MTN:     Boise CSU AFA USU WYO UNM

Boise wins the MTN and goes unbeaten in the MW. Drawing CSU SDSU and Fresno @ home is the difference.  The schedule is all that could derail this scenario.  CSU suprises and goes 6&2, losing to Boise and NV.  AFA rebounds and USU beats byu again. Wyo loses the boot and all hope. UNM is Davied.

WEST:     Fresno NV SDSU UNLV Hawaii sjsu

Fresno rolls until @ Boise. NV is the surprise team. SDSU has a tough schedule but still a quality team.  UNLV gets bowl eligible. Hawaii is mainland fodder, sjsu is dreaming of Laramie.

Boise goes unbeaten and is NY6 bound.  Fresno gets ranked during the season.  CSU beats two P5 teams and is ranked before the FL game. NV has its best season since the WAC. SDSU is a quality team. AFA beats Army/Navy. USU gets Bridger's rifle back, UNLV gets a bowl game. Hawaii reclaims the paniolo trophy.  UNM loses to NMSU, sjsu goes to Laramie to avoid being winless.  WYO has an empty trophy case.

CSU goes Oh-fer against CU, AFA, and UW yet again. B)

1 hour ago, Lobo Amor said:

Well we made it 5 pages before they got mentioned but it came from a outside source hopefully this will be the last of it.

C'mon Man.. Where is your holiday spirit? BYU fans are finally having their 2017 season scabs heal up, nothing wrong with tearing those fresh scabs right off and creating a little blood...

But yeah, I get it.. I'll just hang in the weeds, shotgun in hand, in case there's trouble...

2 hours ago, Cincy said:

You don’t have Penny. Who’s gonna move your offense? Chapman? LOL!

Plus the game will be in Fresno. Ain’t happening. 

Are you slow? What has SDSU done the last 7 years when our RB leaves? 

Doesnt matter where the game is played if your D line can’t repeat its 2017 performance after replacing 3 seniors. 

2 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Not sure if they will play in the fiesta bowl or the playoffs. 

I got bored and put some thought into it and 13-0 Boise in the best conceivable scenario would end up somewhere around number 6 or 7.  This includes troy sneaking into the top 25, Oklahoma State losing no other games and winning the big 12, Fresno and SDSU both sweeping their OOC and losing no other games besides their head to head and regular season tilt with Boise and being top 25.  

The irony is that in this scenario Oklahoma State probably gets into the playoff over the Donks.

6 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Are you slow? What has SDSU done the last 7 years when our RB leaves? 

Doesnt matter where the game is played if your D line can’t repeat its 2017 performance after replacing 3 seniors. 

Lol. Im not worried. We’ve got plenty of talent returning on our DL that played plenty of snaps. Our backups were a part of pushing your shit in at your place.  Plus you couldn’t stop our offense which has plenty coming back  

SUDS however has no Penny or Pump waiting in the wings as far as I can see. Plus Chapman is as mediocre as they come. You’re not beating us at our place so don’t get your hopes up.