Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Frog II

San Diego State vs Army

28 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

I'm sure that if he was better than Pumphrey, he would have started.  Baker Mayfield went to Oklahoma and beat out a quarterback that took his team to a win in the Sugar Bowl.

No he wouldn't have you stupid shit. GTFO of here.

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Without him, we would have been curb stomped. Awful and embarrassing performance by our coaching staff. No bigger reason why we continue to lag behind Boise.

I would think with SDSU’s running game its passing game would be deadly. First time I’ve watched an entire SDSU game this year. Aztec  QB looked unsure of himself. 

1 minute ago, raadsel said:

Additionally, where are the going to find an offense to replace Penny?

Yeah that is a big loss, but one thing SDSU excels at is finding high quality RB's.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

3 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

Not gonna lie, that was a fantastic bowl game. Feel bad for SDSU, but not the fans who've done nothing but run their mouths at having to play 'lowly' Army in a bowl. Cadets proved they were capable of playing this game... outgained SDSU by 160 yds and controlled TOP 46:00 to 14:00. Wow.

Several SDSU fans are insufferable but most aren’t and losses do the conference no good. 

Just now, NevadaFan said:

Several SDSU fans are insufferable but most aren’t and losses do the conference no good. 

On the plus side, they lost to an independent, so it isn't like another conference gets bragging rights.  The negative, it probably prevents the conference from finishing with two in the top 25.

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It's SDSU, I am sure they will find a RB.  That Jasmin kid looked good today.  I mean they do not have a Penny but they will be fine.

Penny only had 53 yards with 21 carries against us. Good RB for sure, but not unreplaceable. SDSU's problem has never been it's RB's. 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

24 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

Not gonna lie, that was a fantastic bowl game. Feel bad for SDSU, but not the fans who've done nothing but run their mouths at having to play 'lowly' Army in a bowl. Cadets proved they were capable of playing this game... outgained SDSU by 160 yds and controlled TOP 46:00 to 14:00. Wow.

I agree with this.

SDSU was a very last minute add to bowl season.

To just barely get in (due to the brutally irrelevant bowl tie ins of the MW or not), and still peacock around, their fans deserved to get beat by a historically bad team.

ysOR4zJ.gif

1 minute ago, Gabe H. Cuod said:

I agree with this.

SDSU was a very last minute add to bowl season.

To just barely get in (due to the brutally irrelevant bowl tie ins of the MW or not), and still peacock around, their fans deserved to get beat by a historically bad team.

Thanks Stunner. 

58 minutes ago, raadsel said:

Additionally, where are the going to find an offense to replace Penny?

That defensive effort is not the norm for the Aztecs and one thing I never worry about is SDSU finding next level running talent.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok