Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Frog II

San Diego State vs Army

Army is a very good team this year. If the absolute dissing to Penny has made any impression on this Aztec squad, a Curb Stomp is a mere few hours away..

GO AZTECS!

Army is good because:  they played a crappy schedule and two very underwhelming AF and Navy teams this year.  They are totally one dimensional.  If you can stop New Mexico, you can stop Army because they are NM minus the pass.  They run a QB lead option off tackle 75% of the time.  If your DEs and LBs play smart SDSU will win easy.

38 minutes ago, Zoomie said:

Army is good because:  they played a crappy schedule and two very underwhelming AF and Navy teams this year.  They are totally one dimensional.  If you can stop New Mexico, you can stop Army because they are NM minus the pass.  They run a QB lead option off tackle 75% of the time.  If your DEs and LBs play smart SDSU will win easy.

Rocky is great at scheming against these options and run based attacks.  If SDSUs players are focused, this should be an easy Aztec victory.  

50 minutes ago, Zoomie said:

My fear is that we are flat because we did not draw a P5 opponent. If that is the team's attitude, we could be in for a long day. You know when you play an Academy school, that you will get their best efforts; they know no other way to perform. I hope we come ready to play, and continue to build on the last few seasons. 

48 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

My fear is that we are flat because we did not draw a P5 opponent. If that is the team's attitude, we could be in for a long day. You know when you play an Academy school, that you will get their best efforts; they know no other way to perform. I hope we come ready to play, and continue to build on the last few seasons. 

Last two bowl games were against AAC teams and disappointments. In both games we won in blow out fashion. I have no fear of a flat Aztecs team. 

I think two plays we will see that we haven't seen all year. 

1. Penny in the wildcat. 

2. fullback dive off sweep fake. 

Should be a fun game. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.