Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada vs Southern Illinois

Game tips at 8pm pacific on Fox Sports 1. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Nevada dominating. This game is all but over 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Blowout special. They need closer games?!?

They’ve won close games.  If it comes down to it they’ll play close games in conference.  First conference game is at Fresno and I expect a battle there. 

2 minutes ago, brillio said:

What kind of sponsorship deal does Muss have with Pepsi 

Pepsi is the official soft drink of the university.  

That was an A game tonight. Everybody on the team had their head on their shoulders and was locked in to whatever was the best basketball play.

I love Caleb coming off the bench. It gives the team the chance to find out if our two heating up guys, Stephens and Hall, are on the money. It allows Caroline to be the go to and put the other team in foul trouble. And it gives Cody and Drew guys to distribute the ball to, the type of guys who really need good distribution, which is what their natural inclination is as ballers anyway. Then, when Caleb comes in after everybody else has a feel for their game that day, we can look solely to provide him opportunities to get him going. I hope Caleb understands the final 5 are far more important than the first 5.

This team is special. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Statiscally speaking that was the most efficient game Nevada has played to date and I don’t think it’s a coincidence the bench had a strong game, 20Points not including Caleb or 28 if you consider Hall the bench player, it allowed starters to rest and they were better as a result. Hopefully this allows Muss to trust the bench more.

8 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

That was an A game tonight. Everybody on the team had their head on their shoulders and was locked in to whatever was the best basketball play.

I love Caleb coming off the bench. It gives the team the chance to find out if our two heating up guys, Stephens and Hall, are on the money. It allows Caroline to be the go to and put the other team in foul trouble. And it gives Cody and Drew guys to distribute the ball to, the type of guys who really need good distribution, which is what their natural inclination is as ballers anyway. Then, when Caleb comes in after everybody else has a feel for their game that day, we can look solely to provide him opportunities to get him going. I hope Caleb understands the final 5 are far more important than the first 5.

This team is special. 

They make it look too easy. Is that good?

1 minute ago, IKEUNLV said:

IKEUNLV but not UNR.  They should be alright in MWC play.  If they finish in the top 30 of KenPom, they should be a ? for the tournament.

What does that mean? I need my decoder ring. Yes I’m a Christmas Story nerd and gearing up to have that dippy movie on for 10 hours straight.