Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
badfish

Top MWC signees

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Bob said:

3* .8519, BUT dang I didn't realize he has academic issues. Hope it gets worked out and he can sign

UW just announced him so I think that means he signed. I hope his academic issues work out but I have faith that if Bohl signed him he has confidence in his getting things straightened out. Bohl doesn't have a history of taking risks on many guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tspoke said:

UW just announced him so I think that means he signed. I hope his academic issues work out but I have faith that if Bohl signed him he has confidence in his getting things straightened out. Bohl doesn't have a history of taking risks on many guys.

well i mean by NCAA rules your school can't say shit until he's signed, so he has to have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So an athlete can sign and potentially still not qualify academically?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bob said:

So an athlete can sign and potentially still not qualify academically?

Happens all the time.  General NCAA qualification works off of a combination of GPA in a selection of NCAA-approved core courses and SAT score; the lower the GPA in the courses the higher the necessary test score to compensate.  Sometimes schools let kids sign who are behind on the coursework in general, or who have a low GPA and are banking on getting a better test score on the retake to qualify.   Sometimes the recruit puts nose to grindstone and makes it happen...a lot of the time they don't.

Sometimes it's not even the recruit's fault...the clearinghouse might invalidate a course that the kid was told by his HS advisor would qualify for the requirements.  Happened to one of Fresno's guys a few years back...just one course he got bad advice on kneecapped him, good student.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated AAC vs MWC ANNUAL RECRUITING RANKINGS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1onqPzkxXXk5XvFyDm0L3nnbVkJc8FKkV/view?usp=sharing 

Updated MWC TOP 50https://drive.google.com/open?id=19nuD_5_op2mmuNrckLt-zG9A_yj2gegH  

MWC AVG TOP 50 Player Rating raises from .8494 to .8534

  • Added NEV WR Jamaal Ball .8756 (6th)
  • Added CSU RB Tyreese Jackson .8539 (19th)
  • Added WYO DE Alonzo Hall .8519 (21st)
  • Added HAW ATH Lincoln Victor .8499 (T24)
  • Added SJSU ATH Dominick Mazotti .8499 (T24)
  • Added USU OT Hunter Hill .8498 (27th)
  • Added AFA CB Tre'shon Devones .8366 (42nd)
  • Added WYO RB Titus Swen .8334 (45th)
  • Added NEV ATH Maurice Wilmer .8322 (T48)
  • Removed USU QB Cooper Legas .8317 (42nd to NR)
  • Removed CSU TE Kyle Helbig .8315 (43rd to NR)
  • Removed NEV QB Austin Kirksey .8314 (44th to NR)
  • Removed UNM OT Rocky Aitogi .8311 (45th to NR)
  • Removed NEV DE Breylong Garcia .8305 (T46 to NR)
  • Removed NEV DE Javasia Brunson .8305 (T46 to NR)
  • Removed HAW QB Boone Abbott .8299 (T48 to NR)
  • Removed HAW DT Caden Hilborn .8299 (T48 to NR)
  • Removed FSU S Reggie Strong Jr., .8285 (50th TO NR - Mistakenly listed as 49th)
  • Removed BSU OT Jacob Golden .8269 (51st to NR - Mistakenly listed as 50th)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Happens all the time.  General NCAA qualification works off of a combination of GPA in a selection of NCAA-approved core courses and SAT score; the lower the GPA in the courses the higher the necessary test score to compensate.  Sometimes schools let kids sign who are behind on the coursework in general, or who have a low GPA and are banking on getting a better test score on the retake to qualify.   Sometimes the recruit puts nose to grindstone and makes it happen...a lot of the time they don't.

Sometimes it's not even the recruit's fault...the clearinghouse might invalidate a course that the kid was told by his HS advisor would qualify for the requirements.  Happened to one of Fresno's guys a few years back...just one course he got bad advice on kneecapped him, good student.

Even if they do qualify via a low GPA and then a re-taken, and higher SAT score they may not be let into school.  Ronnie Hillman was not allowed to enroll at SDSU in fall 2009 because they said his subsequent SAT test score showed too much of an improvement over his first one and they thought he cheated.  He wasn't allowed to enroll until the following year and had to be a busboy because it was too late for him to enroll at a JC or elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Looks like he is actually able to sign. It's been a pretty good day for Wyoming football!

 

 

He has to be good. Same school as the Karate Kid.😂

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Boise State's recruiting class:

"I would say... it's the most impressive class I've ever seen a Group of Five team ever sign," 247Sports.com national recruiting editor Brandon Huffman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

On Boise State's recruiting class:

"I would say... it's the most impressive class I've ever seen a Group of Five team ever sign," 247Sports.com national recruiting editor Brandon Huffman.

They will be entitled and lazy

  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 5:54 PM, Fowl said:

Even if they do qualify via a low GPA and then a re-taken, and higher SAT score they may not be let into school.  Ronnie Hillman was not allowed to enroll at SDSU in fall 2009 because they said his subsequent SAT test score showed too much of an improvement over his first one and they thought he cheated.  He wasn't allowed to enroll until the following year and had to be a busboy because it was too late for him to enroll at a JC or elsewhere.

This is always a worry, too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated AAC vs MWC ANNUAL RECRUITING RANKINGS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1onqPzkxXXk5XvFyDm0L3nnbVkJc8FKkV/view?usp=sharing 

Updated MWC TOP 50https://drive.google.com/open?id=19nuD_5_op2mmuNrckLt-zG9A_yj2gegH  

MWC AVG TOP 50 Player Rating drops from .8534 to .8532

  • Added SJSU RB Darrin SMith .8427 (34th)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated AAC vs MWC ANNUAL RECRUITING RANKINGS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1onqPzkxXXk5XvFyDm0L3nnbVkJc8FKkV/view?usp=sharing 

Updated MWC TOP 50https://drive.google.com/open?id=19nuD_5_op2mmuNrckLt-zG9A_yj2gegH  

MWC AVG TOP 50 Player Rating drops from .8534 to .8520

  • Added AFA TE Kyle Patterson .8315 (NR to T50)
  • Added CSU TE Kyle Helbig .8315 (NR to T50)
  • Added WYO RB Alphonzo Andrews Jr. .8315 (NR to T50)
  • Updated/Removed CSU LB Tavian Brown .8499 to .8082 (T24 to NR)
  • Updated/Removed SJSU ATH Dominick Mazotti .8499 to .8268 (T24 to NR)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated AAC vs MWC ANNUAL RECRUITING RANKINGS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1onqPzkxXXk5XvFyDm0L3nnbVkJc8FKkV/view?usp=sharing 

Updated MWC TOP 50https://drive.google.com/open?id=19nuD_5_op2mmuNrckLt-zG9A_yj2gegH  

MWC AVG TOP 50 Player Rating raises from .8520 to .8534

  • Added CSU ATH Dequan Watts .8579 (14th)
  • Removed AFA TE Kyle Patterson .8315 (T50)
  • Removed CSU TE Kyle Helbig .8315 (T50)
  • Removed WYO RB Alphonzo Andrews Jr. .8315 (T50)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated AAC vs MWC ANNUAL RECRUITING RANKINGS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1onqPzkxXXk5XvFyDm0L3nnbVkJc8FKkV/view?usp=sharing 

Updated MWC TOP 50https://drive.google.com/open?id=19nuD_5_op2mmuNrckLt-zG9A_yj2gegH  

MWC AVG TOP 50 Player Rating falls from .8534 to .8532

  • Added CSU ATH Jeremiah Pruitte .8492 (27th)
  • Added FSU OT Tim Anderson .8486 (28th)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest RoscoesDad
19 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

UNLV got two more '19 commitments yesterday.

DB https://247sports.com/player/jamel-hamm-46038030/ should make your list.

The second player - an offensive player - hasn't announced yet.

Darran Williams JC 2019 RB.  Sounds like he was offered by Texas Tech, OKSt, Virginia. 

https://247sports.com/Article/NEO-AM-RB-Williams-Could-Be-Headed-to-Tech-Texas-or-Virginia-125828202

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×