Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

Top MWC signees

Per 247, all MWC signees rated 85 or higher. The site hasn't been fully updated with surprise commits, so let me know who to add.

91:

Khalil, Shakir, Boise State

88:

Stephan Cobbs, Boise State

Jamaal Houston, Colorado State

87:

Andrew Van Buren, Boise State

Josiah Bradley, Nevada

Nic McTear, SDSU

Jordan Byrd, SDSU

Jonah Kahahawai-Welch, Hawaii

86:

Quinn Brinnon, Colorado State

Cole Turner, Nevada

Kenyon Oblad, UNLV

85:

Scale Igiehon, Boise State

Chris Mitchell, Boise State

Dequan Jackson, Colorado State

Emoryie Edwards, Fresno State

JR Justice, SDSU

Bryan Catchings, UNLV

Philip Hill, UNLV

Timothy Mosley, UNLV

Going off of 247 score only, not composite. 

Boise: 5

UNLV: 4

SDSU: 3

CSU: 3

Nevada: 2

Fresno: 1

Hawaii: 1

West Division: 11

Mountain Division: 8

5 hours ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

@badfish I took your idea and made a spreadsheet of the top 50 players based on the 24/7 Composite average.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fmonyzJRwZrzLBZwdl8pgzhKk3-pQGt5/view?usp=sharing

Nice. Doesn't include SDSU signees Byrd (Rivals didn't rate him, so his 247 composite is low, but has offers to Washington, Utah, Arizona, Texas Tech and more) or Nic McTear (late signee, offers too LSU, Auburn, Miami, TCU, & more).

Otherwise, looks great. Expect SDSU to do some catching up before Feb. We always finish strong, mostly because we don't begin visits until after the season (dumb policy). Most schools lock guys in well before then, but we cram tons of visits and recruiting into 6 weeks.

2 hours ago, badfish said:

Nice. Doesn't include SDSU signees Byrd (Rivals didn't rate him, so his 247 composite is low, but has offers to Washington, Utah, Arizona, Texas Tech and more) or Nic McTear (late signee, offers too LSU, Auburn, Miami, TCU, & more).

Otherwise, looks great. Expect SDSU to do some catching up before Feb. We always finish strong, mostly because we don't begin visits until after the season (dumb policy). Most schools lock guys in well before then, but we cram tons of visits and recruiting into 6 weeks.

I'll keep the chart updated every couple of days so that there won't be any glaring oversights.  

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

17 hours ago, badfish said:

Per 247, all MWC signees rated 85 or higher. The site hasn't been fully updated with surprise commits, so let me know who to add.

91:

88:

87:

Andrew Van Buren, Boise State

Josiah Bradley, Nevada

Nic McTear, SDSU

Jordan Byrd, SDSU

Jonah Kahahawai-Welch, Hawaii

86:

Quinn Brinnon, Colorado State

Cole Turner, Nevada

Kenyon Oblad, UNLV

85:

Scale Igiehon, Boise State

Chris Mitchell, Boise State

Dequan Jackson, Colorado State

Emoryie Edwards, Fresno State

JR Justice, SDSU

Bryan Catchings, UNLV

Philip Hill, UNLV

Timothy Mosley, UNLV

This is Fresno's highest rated recruit not Edwards.

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Johnson-93187

Yep.  No Wyoming recruits on this list, not even any of the four Colorado kids signed by UW.  It must be the coaching. I think Bobo wouldn't mind having Ralston Valley's Andrew Wingard (another of the multitude of NRs on the Cowboy roster) in his defensive backfield. Three of those NRs made first team All-MWC.  

11 hours ago, badfish said:

Updated 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fmonyzJRwZrzLBZwdl8pgzhKk3-pQGt5/view?usp=sharing

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

1 hour ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

Great list. Thanks for the work. I personally might change it to top 50 HS recruits and then do maybe top 5 JC recruits. They just seem to be weighted differently. Great job, though. 

On 12/22/2017 at 2:05 PM, badfish said:

91:

88:

I haven't seen anywhere that said Houston signed with CSU.  This might be a cause for concern.

On 12/23/2017 at 10:35 AM, MAD MACGYVER said:

I notice Heimuli listed for UNLV.  Hopefully he signs, but I haven't seen any mention of him signing.

There are probably several other "keeping options open" players like Houston and Heimuli.  Until they sign there is always uncertainty.  Last year one of UNLV's top "commits" got a "dream offer" from Oregon and decommitted two days later.

50 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

I notice Heimuli listed for UNLV.  Hopefully he signs, but I haven't seen any mention of him signing.

There are probably several other "keeping options open" players like Houston and Heimuli.  Until they sign there is always uncertainty.  Last year one of UNLV's top "commits" got a "dream offer" from Oregon and decommitted two days later.

I have included all players listed as commits, not necessarily signees since the recruiting season is still ongoing until February.  As of now, Heimuli is listed as a UNLV commit, so I listed him as such.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

All this is probably crap, as the last MWC DPOY was a walk-on, and the 2 before him (Kazee) was a 2*. The MWC seems to do better with the sleepers than the stars.

4 minutes ago, badfish said:

All this is probably crap, as the last MWC DPOY was a walk-on, and the 2 before him (Kazee) was a 2*. The MWC seems to do better with the sleepers than the stars.

i think the best player out of Fresno's class when all is said and done is gonna be that huge OL from san diego. That's legitimately who i'm most excited about.  Rivals is useless and 247 is barely better.  I saw that they got furious at the utah state site for adding returning missionaries to their class and reversed all of that...chumps.

3 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

i think the best player out of Fresno's class when all is said and done is gonna be that huge OL from san diego. That's legitimately who i'm most excited about.  Rivals is useless and 247 is barely better.  I saw that they got furious at the utah state site for adding returning missionaries to their class and reversed all of that...chumps.

It's sleepers like him that are great. those sites are fun to look at, but mean nothing. Our 2 Freshmen all Americans had 1 combined offer, from 1-11 Fresno last year (no offense, but it proves my point). The guy I'm most excited about for us is 2* DB Rashad Scott who outshined the 5* on his team. We saw JR Justice go from unanimous 4* to a medium 3* after choosing SDSU over P5s. Kevon Ahmad went from 4* to 3* when he cut his list to SDSU and Boise. It's a joke, but it's what makes the P5 fans happy and feel good about who they signed. 

1 minute ago, badfish said:

It's sleepers like him that are great. those sites are fun to look at, but mean nothing. Our 2 Freshmen all Americans had 1 combined offer, from 1-11 Fresno last year (no offense, but it proves my point). The guy I'm most excited about for us is 2* DB Rashad Scott who outshined the 5* on his team. We saw JR Justice go from unanimous 4* to a medium 3* after choosing SDSU over P5s. Kevon Ahmad went from 4* to 3* when he cut his list to SDSU and Boise. It's a joke, but it's what makes the P5 fans happy and feel good about who they signed. 

ah yes, the good old G5 drop...247 chopped deshawn ruffin down from 87 (basically a near 4 star) to 78 (high 2 *) once they realized he'd picked fresno and hadn't ended up at one of the p5 schools that courted him early.   funny stuff. 

Netane Muti is probably the best NFL prospect on the team right now and he had all of one offer (us)...and we only got him because he tried to straight up walk on at Hawaii and didn't qualify the normal way.