Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

Top MWC signees

Just now, Lobo Amor said:

You are going to have one busy day tomorrow or are you going to wait a day or two to let things shake out?

I will do all the adjustments once I get home from work, so It will be largely worked out by then.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That is another really nice get for the pokes.

Wyoming doing a good job of scooping up the kids that held out too long and as classes filled up, pokes reaping the rewards. It's a good strategy for Wyoming. 

29 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Alonzo-Hall-46053704/

Fantastic get for wyoming IF he qualifies....he has bad grades and doesn't have the SAT score to even sign right now.    ASU and Fresno dropped him weeks ago.

Looks like he is actually able to sign. It's been a pretty good day for Wyoming football!

13 minutes ago, Bob said:

3* .8519, BUT dang I didn't realize he has academic issues. Hope it gets worked out and he can sign

I guess wyo let him sign after all.  But i know fresno stopped recruiting him because grades...hopefully he makes it in for yall.

11 minutes ago, Bob said:

3* .8519, BUT dang I didn't realize he has academic issues. Hope it gets worked out and he can sign

UW just announced him so I think that means he signed. I hope his academic issues work out but I have faith that if Bohl signed him he has confidence in his getting things straightened out. Bohl doesn't have a history of taking risks on many guys.

Just now, tspoke said:

UW just announced him so I think that means he signed. I hope his academic issues work out but I have faith that if Bohl signed him he has confidence in his getting things straightened out. Bohl doesn't have a history of taking risks on many guys.

well i mean by NCAA rules your school can't say shit until he's signed, so he has to have.

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

So an athlete can sign and potentially still not qualify academically?

Happens all the time.  General NCAA qualification works off of a combination of GPA in a selection of NCAA-approved core courses and SAT score; the lower the GPA in the courses the higher the necessary test score to compensate.  Sometimes schools let kids sign who are behind on the coursework in general, or who have a low GPA and are banking on getting a better test score on the retake to qualify.   Sometimes the recruit puts nose to grindstone and makes it happen...a lot of the time they don't.

Sometimes it's not even the recruit's fault...the clearinghouse might invalidate a course that the kid was told by his HS advisor would qualify for the requirements.  Happened to one of Fresno's guys a few years back...just one course he got bad advice on kneecapped him, good student.

Updated AAC vs MWC ANNUAL RECRUITING RANKINGS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1onqPzkxXXk5XvFyDm0L3nnbVkJc8FKkV/view?usp=sharing 

Updated MWC TOP 50https://drive.google.com/open?id=19nuD_5_op2mmuNrckLt-zG9A_yj2gegH  

MWC AVG TOP 50 Player Rating raises from .8494 to .8534

• Added NEV WR Jamaal Ball .8756 (6th)
  • Added CSU RB Tyreese Jackson .8539 (19th)
  • Added WYO DE Alonzo Hall .8519 (21st)
  • Added HAW ATH Lincoln Victor .8499 (T24)
  • Added SJSU ATH Dominick Mazotti .8499 (T24)
  • Added USU OT Hunter Hill .8498 (27th)
  • Added AFA CB Tre'shon Devones .8366 (42nd)
  • Added WYO RB Titus Swen .8334 (45th)
  • Added NEV ATH Maurice Wilmer .8322 (T48)
  • Removed USU QB Cooper Legas .8317 (42nd to NR)
  • Removed CSU TE Kyle Helbig .8315 (43rd to NR)
  • Removed NEV QB Austin Kirksey .8314 (44th to NR)
  • Removed UNM OT Rocky Aitogi .8311 (45th to NR)
  • Removed NEV DE Breylong Garcia .8305 (T46 to NR)
  • Removed NEV DE Javasia Brunson .8305 (T46 to NR)
  • Removed HAW QB Boone Abbott .8299 (T48 to NR)
  • Removed HAW DT Caden Hilborn .8299 (T48 to NR)
  • Removed FSU S Reggie Strong Jr., .8285 (50th TO NR - Mistakenly listed as 49th)
  • Removed BSU OT Jacob Golden .8269 (51st to NR - Mistakenly listed as 50th)

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

3 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Happens all the time.  General NCAA qualification works off of a combination of GPA in a selection of NCAA-approved core courses and SAT score; the lower the GPA in the courses the higher the necessary test score to compensate.  Sometimes schools let kids sign who are behind on the coursework in general, or who have a low GPA and are banking on getting a better test score on the retake to qualify.   Sometimes the recruit puts nose to grindstone and makes it happen...a lot of the time they don't.

Sometimes it's not even the recruit's fault...the clearinghouse might invalidate a course that the kid was told by his HS advisor would qualify for the requirements.  Happened to one of Fresno's guys a few years back...just one course he got bad advice on kneecapped him, good student.

Even if they do qualify via a low GPA and then a re-taken, and higher SAT score they may not be let into school.  Ronnie Hillman was not allowed to enroll at SDSU in fall 2009 because they said his subsequent SAT test score showed too much of an improvement over his first one and they thought he cheated.  He wasn't allowed to enroll until the following year and had to be a busboy because it was too late for him to enroll at a JC or elsewhere.